Quantcast

Most disgusting-Veracruz Hospital swaps chemo IV bag with water

Most disgusting-Veracruz Hospital swaps chemo IV bag with water

Yunes: 'brutal crime.'  reforNews
Chemo treatment was only water: governor

Chemotherapy treatment for children with cancer contained no drugs

  280  3
Mexico News Daily | Tuesday, January 17, 2017

The victims of the network of corruption created by former Veracruz governor Javier Duarte have until now been those denied the benefits of funding for social programs and education.
The latest discovery — a bizarre one — has identified new ones: children undergoing treatment for cancer.
Only it turns out they weren’t getting their treatment at all. The chemotherapy drugs they were supposed to be receiving had been substituted with water.

Veracruz Governor Miguel Ángel Yunes announced the find during a press conference yesterday, describing the act as a brutal crime.

“We’ve already gotten the results from a laboratory that indicated that the drug given to the children, the chemotherapy administered to them, was not really a drug, but an inert compound, literally distilled water,” said Yunes.

“This really seems to us a brutal crime, an attempt against the lives of the children. We’re finishing our analysis and, at the appropriate time, we’ll be filing legal complaints.”

He declined to say how many children might have been affected.

Yunes also announced that his administration had discovered several warehouses containing “millions of pesos'” worth of expired medications. He said investigators are seeking to determine whether the drugs were beyond their shelf life when they were purchased or if they had been allowed to go to waste.

Source: Reforma (sp)

  280  3- See more at: http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/chemo-treatment-was-only-water-yunes/#sthash.WiJSm77Z.dpuf

Re: Most disgusting-Veracruz Hospital swaps chemo IV bag with water

Mexico-Watcher
This post was updated on .
Canadiana: Thanks for posting this disturbing story of pseudo-medical treatment in Mexico.  While the focus is on child cancer patients, in my cynical mind concerning Mexico,  I projected the problem of faux medical treatment of children to every area of Mexican medicine.

How can any lay person be sure that he/she is being medically treated appropriately under ethical safeguards?

Next, from following stories of vice, violence,and corruption in BLB for years, how does one know if food in restaurants is clean, merchants, mechanics, laborers, etc. honest?  I already have my doubts about Mexican cops, judges, politicians, the military, government functionaries, teachers, and even clergy. This story does not help sustain my hopes that Mexico can turn things around without a violent revolution for a new start.

Why do I feel that the poor "indios" (commonly disparaged, judged simple, and often exploited) seem the only ones that  have the moral underpinning to save Mejico?  I don't really know too much about indios but  I tend to think of them in romantic terms concerning compassion and honesty.

I have worked in medical settings and have a special regard for sick or injured children.  I have seen my share of scenes of pain and suffering endured with faith and hope by parents and kin for a child in pain or at risk of death. I have seen honest and decent doctors, nurses, staff, and clergy do their stoic and professional best for patients and their loved ones.  And I have sometime seen them quietly cry in grief or open joy depending on the child's treatment outcomes.

 To me, the medical field, under the Hippocratic Oath, is universally special worldwide ... And, so when it gets corrupted, it is disturbing and a symptom of decay in the entire body politic.

Of course I recognize that the USA has its problems with quacks, incompetents, profiteers, and related others in the medical field.  But when malpractices or criminal abuses involve  sick or injured kids, things have gone too far!

I apologize for my diatribe, to the millions of decent and compassionate Mexicans who must be even more disgusted and pained at the story in question. I also apologize to the heroic doctors and those who work in the medical and ancillary services.  I know they must be even more troubled than me at the story and all that it implies.

Mexico-Watcher

Re: Most disgusting-Veracruz Hospital swaps chemo IV bag with water

This is all pretty sick.I was shocked.My question is who is behind this?Is it lack of funding from Duerte because he stole it all?If that was the case who decided to use the replacement water bags as chemo?Was it the doctor's or pharmacy workers?Maybe the doctor's had no idea but wouldn't anyone become suspicious when no one had any side effects like hair loss or fatique?Is there a black market for some of these expensive cancer drugs and the pharmacy workers were actually organized crime selling to the private hospitals under a fake Pharma name?I have heard of medical scams like unqualified doctors but nothing like this.If some hospitals were underfunded why wouldn't they just refer the patient to 1 that had the drugs.The saddest part of this is that there is a small window of opportunity to lick or slow down a cancer and this totally removes any chance that person has and then it's too late especially children as they would have had so many more years left.

Re: Most disgusting-Veracruz Hospital swaps chemo IV bag with water

Tacuache
This was one of the most painful and disgusting stories I have ever read.  I died a little inside know that someone did this.  I expect there to be an extra special place in hell for the mf who knowing stole those bags and swapped them with water just for a little bit of cash.  I also hope they just f****ing hang Duarte.