Monterey County cops discover $18 million worth of marijuana inside boat

Monterey County cops discover $18 million worth of marijuana inside boat

Mars220
Monterey County Sheriff's Office deputies arrested four men after finding a boat containing approximately $18 million worth of marijuana.

A Specialized Team Intervention Narcotics and Gang Task Force discovered a Panga boat at the Mill Creek picnic area, located near State Route 1 at Mill Creek Road in Los Padres National Forest after responding to reports around 1:30 a.m. Friday, according to a statement from the Sheriff's Office.

Deputies and STING task force members found the boat sitting on the rocks a few feet from the shoreline and discovered that more than 100 bales of marijuana were inside.

Nobody was on the boat at the time, according to the Sheriff's Office, but deputies uncovered evidence that indicated the suspects were still in the area. San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Office deputies later assisted in stopping a vehicle with four men inside who the Sheriff's Office said were connected with the boat. All four were arrested on suspicion of possession of marijuana for sale.

Arrested were Alejandro Acosta, 25, Jesus Garibay, 24, and Alexis Garibay, 18, of Yuma, Ariz., and 27-year-old Gonzalo Quezara, or Riverside.

All four were booked into the Monterey County Jail. Deputies seized the boat and bales of marijuana as evidence.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_28311154/monterey-county-cops-discover-18-million-worth-marijuana
Mars Oner

Re: Monterey County cops discover $18 million worth of marijuana inside boat

Siskiyou_Kid
It looks like they value brick weed at $6,000 a pound. Yeah right.

They found 100 bales, said to be 30-35 pounds each, so 3,000-3,500 pounds, which would be $5,000-$6,000 a pound.

Brick weed is not worth more than $300 in California.

Re: Monterey County cops discover $18 million worth of marijuana inside boat

katattx
That's crazy values. Here in Texas, a lb of brick runs 400-500 Usd. That's one pound. I'm sure the price per pound for 100 lb would be even less.

Re: Monterey County cops discover $18 million worth of marijuana inside boat

tuSancho
The San Luis Obispo County Sheriff has been jonesing for his own armada to encounter and claim pangas.  Now the Monterey County Sheriff will want the same.  San Luis Obispo county has long history of coastal drug movement.  Years ago there was a load of Thai stick abandoned off of San Simeon.  No one knows whatever happened to the evidence.  We keep seeing these stories all the time now.  Some local citizen recently tried to claim a panga as being available for salvage.  He lost out, duh.

Re: Monterey County cops discover $18 million worth of marijuana inside boat

Mars220
1 LB of Reggie goes for $300-350 depending on the idiot buying it. Mid grade / Arizona can get $400-500 a LB. I was in Tijuana this weekend and visited a few bars and had a few of the females asking me for Kush which i actually had on me because i smoke. One of the female bartenders asked me if i wanted to sell me my 1/8 of Kush (Heisenberg Strain) for $80 ! I bought it in Cali for $35 !
Mars Oner

Re: Monterey County cops discover $18 million worth of marijuana inside boat

katattx
Well,  I wouldn't say everyone buying brick is an idiot...we don't have medical mj here, so kush level quality is way way more expensive than what you pay. Lots of poor working class and fixed income folks buy brick. It's just not possible for some to pay 25/g for kush!

What state are you in @ Katattx ? I do understand where the brick weed goes too once it lands here in Cali. Mainly the South and Midwest states who are still behind the times. I'm sure you can get Kush where you live but like you said at way HIGHER price. $25 for 1 gram is insane. The highest price here in Cali for some private reserve which is the highest quality ranges from $10-$12 a gram. It all depends what dispensary you get it from.
Mars Oner

Re: Monterey County cops discover $18 million worth of marijuana inside boat

katattx
Texas, were way behind the times!!! There is medical quality here, grown locally, and also some product from CO aswell, just insane prices