NOTE: The original story was posted on the main board, but there are more details here, along with a few photos from the scene. It is alleged that this was related to a dispute between CJNG and Los Zetas and 2 arrests have been made.
April 21, 2019
High tension in Veracruz
CITY OF MEXICO, April 20 (However) .- It is confirmed that the number of fatalities left by the attack that occurred on Friday night in a party hall in Minatitlan, Veracruz, is 13.
Although in the early morning it had transpired that Marcos Aurelio Davis Barrera had died, for which they added 14, he is still fighting for his life and is in the PEMEX hospital; Through the social networks, the relatives are asking the population for blood donations.
At 10 pm on Saturday, the Veracruz Prosecutor's Office adjusted the death toll in Minatitlán and offered "expeditious justice."
Thus, the State Prosecutor's Office (FGE) of Veracruz confirmed that there were 13 victims who left the appearance of a commando at a party in Minatitlán and not 14, as it was broadcast this Saturday in the national media.
"The bodies were surveyed and then the legal autopsy reports were performed, accounting for a total of 13 deaths up to now," he said in a statement.
According to the agency, since the facts were known, experts assigned to the South Coatzacoalcos Delegation carried out the expert reports of the law, with the objective of securing the property where the crimes occurred and of declaring the pertinent protection measures.
He also said that so far have collected eighteen interviews with relatives and neighbors of the place, and that three eye inspections were conducted.
"Experts assigned to this judicial demarcation carry out ballistic dictates to determine the type of weapon used. They have been tested for sodium rhodizonate, Walker and expert identification, "said the FGE.
He also stressed that he works in coordination with prosecutors, experts and the Ministerial Police, who exhaust the investigative acts that lead to the clarification of the event, such as the collection of audiovisual material that could help identify the alleged aggressors. "All possible access and exit routes were inspected," he concluded.
On Friday, around 9:00 p.m., a group of armed men broke into a restaurant in the Obrera neighborhood in Minatitlán, with the purpose of taking another subject, identified as "El Becky"; However, those present tried to prevent it, for which they were attacked with firearms.
"The incident took place in Leona Vicario street, in the Obrera neighborhood, when people arrived at the place asking for a person known as" El Beky ", when they carried out the detonations, depriving seven men, five women and one minor, and leaving three men and one woman injured, "the Public Security Secretariat of the State of Veracruz reported in a statement.
Derived from these facts, the Secretariat of Security and Citizen Protection (SSPC), under Alfonso Durazo, informed through his Twitter account that the Federal Forces are working together with Veracruz authorities to deploy a search and capture operation of those responsible.
"In the face of the reprehensible events that occurred in Minatitlán, Veracruz, and its balance in victims that beguiles us all, the Federal Forces are from the start, in support of state agencies, deploying a search operation and capture of those responsible" , said the agency.
According to the first reports, witnesses of the incident indicated that the armed men entered the place with the intention of taking another subject, a situation that they tried to prevent those present, so they were attacked by gunshots.
Derived from this attack, elements of the Army, Secretary of the Navy and state police arrived at the site to set up a safeguard operation for the survivors, as well as to start searching for those responsible.
Prior to the scheduled visit that President Andrés Manuel López Obrador will make to the State tomorrow, the tension increases. According to reports, the Mexican president will arrive tomorrow to commemorate the US invasion of the Port of Veracruz on April 21, 1913 and on Monday he will hold a national security meeting and a press conference.
In addition to the attack in Minatitlán, in recent months the population has witnessed a political dispute between the National Regeneration Movement (MORENA), López Obrador's party, and the National Action Party (PAN), which until December last year governed the State.
Thus, next Sunday and Monday, the President will be on tour in Veracruz; unofficially it is already leaked that the Federal Executive will announce that it will send a troop of three thousand federal reinforcements -between sailors and Mexican Army- to contain the wave of violence in the Entity.
They keep operating
After the attack, Veracruz authorities implemented an operation to find those responsible for the events, today, through a statement, the State Government reported that since last night elements of different corporations were deployed to find those responsible.
In addition, he stressed that "during the first hours of this day, state and federal officials who make up the Mesa for the Construction of Peace Veracruz, headed by Governor Cuitláhuac García Jiménez, have held two security meetings to follow up on the search operation and capture of those responsible. "
Re: Minatitlan, Veracruz - Photos from scene of massacre WARNING: Very graphic
Absolutely disgusting scenes of homicidal carnage. I am especially troubled from knowing that an innocent child was murdered.... Mexico is in very deep trouble when innocents routinely die like the people did.
Thank for posting the pictures and story because we must document these events for higher purposes.