Mexico sees first cartel 'queenpin' before female president

Mexico sees first cartel 'queenpin' before female president

Maddy
This post was updated on .
http://social.lmtonline.com/gallery/index.php?/category/1265-female_cartel_queenpins_of_the_worldPhoto provided by Mike Vigil
Enedina Arellano Felix Nicknames: La Jefa, Narco Mami
By Mariah Medina
San Antonio Express-News

     She’s a scholar, a proficient accountant and after her son’s 2014 arrest, she is now the first and only female cartel boss in Mexico, according to DEA officials.
While the Tijuana cartel has flirted with financial ruin due to seizures of property by the Mexican government and numerous murders and arrests of leadership, the cartel has continued to function under Enedina Felix Arellano — otherwise known as "La Jefa," pr "the boss."

     "This is not an Equal Opportunity Employer," said Mike Vigil, former chief of international operations for the DEA. "This is a male dominated field of work. There have been very few women to break that glass ceiling. The few who do have to be just as vicious and skilled as the men."
While the feat is novel, it’s no surprise the cartel "queenpin" assumed leadership of the organization. The Felix Arrellano family easily falls under the characterization of a crime family.
Brothers Benjamin and Ramon Felix Arrellano laid the foundation for what is now the Tijuana cartel in the 1980s. After various arrests and murders, Enedina is the last one standing.
Although La Jefa is the first female Mexican cartel boss within the borders of Mexico, she is not the first woman to hold a prominent position within a Latin American crime organization.

      "She is an educated lady who took care of all of the administrative managements of money for her brothers," said Robert Castillo, former Special Agent in Charge (SAC) for the El Paso DEA office. "It’s been a while since I’ve heard about her, but three of her brothers were captured and one was killed. (Before she assumed leadership of the cartel) they used to call her ’La Jefa.’"

     With Enedina in charge, Vigil said she has taken a business-like approach to the family operation, calling her "calculating and cold," yet capable of resorting to violence "when necessary."
"Enedina was the logical heir with the arrests and deaths of her brothers because she was also well versed on operations from them," Vigil said. "She also assumed full interaction and coordination with Colombian sources for cocaine in Colombia."
Enedina’s role is novel to the Mexican cartel-game, and it seems as if the female drug lord is finally normalizing cartel operations as she forms alliances with other crime groups and moves away from the violent tactics of her predecessors according to Vigil.

Re: Mexico sees first cartel 'queenpin' before female president

I really believe very little of this, I think she is retired.

Re: Mexico sees first cartel 'queenpin' before female president

Moros

Re: Mexico sees first cartel 'queenpin' before female president

La Flama Blanca
@ComputerJA

Here is a post of mine, that I posted a while back.  I stumbled upon him and noticed that he is still out there.  Obviously Tijuano had some great info.

http://borderland-beat-forum.924382.n3.nabble.com/Edgardo-Leyva-Escandon-td4074441.html#a4074505

Re: Mexico sees first cartel 'queenpin' before female president

Moros

Re: Mexico sees first cartel 'queenpin' before female president

La Flama Blanca
Edgardo and the Abaroa's slightly remind me of the Rohn family in Tijuana, except in BCS rather than TJ (although Im sure the Rohn's are far more reaching, and more immune to prosecution, than these guys).  But there are similarities:  "Edgardo is the nephew of Xicotencatl Leyva Mortera, a former PRI governor of Baja California, his family also owns radio stations and other business in the whole peninsula" (Tijuano).  So he certainly must have some level of protection and immunity from authorities in BCS, plus he probably has several legit alternative identities and documents.

The Abaroas seem to be/appear legit with all there racing in Baja (trophy trucks, etc), and businesses in Cabo and La Paz.  They are on the U.S. black list, but apparently aren't wanted in Mexico.  They seem to have long deep ties in BCS, and may/most likely still operate in one extent or another.  The Araboas main hubs are La Paz and Cabo, but mostly La Paz.  I wonder what they were doing/thinking when all that CDS/Fuerzas de Damaso/his son's cell, where all feuding and acting like amateurs in La Paz.  Probably just laying low, or maybe some of the bodies killed by CDS were Abaroa associates??? Who knows?... Unless someone does ;) ...Tijuano?..Hah. :)

One more thing I noticed and thought was interesting was this quote provided by Tijuano from the Zeta Magazine article:  "March 12, 2008, Gustavo Rivera Martinez "P1" or "Gus" was arrested in the town of Los Barriles, along with Marcos Assemat Hernández, Antonio Moreno Herrera.  Also arrested was Pavel Kulisek, who was identified as head escort of Enedina Arellano Felix and took a leading role in the criminal structure."

So Enedina lives in SD (Coronado), she may be semi retired now, but she was DEFINITELY in the game and played a large part of it, making runs, travelling throughout BCS doing work!  Enedina may not be a queen pin today, but in and a bit after the AFO heyday you could call her that.  She probably rarely touched loads, and was just the money side (which we know), but that side is just as important.  Straight up business woman money Queen pin.

Re: Mexico sees first cartel 'queenpin' before female president

Maddy
Retired? I don't think so. Remember what they would say about vicente carillo fuentes that he was retired?..even here on forum people would comment about that as if they were in his inner circle chinga. And what happened? Walaaaaaa..."Vicente Carillo Captured"..so in my opinion, she still active. No one would leave a multi billion dollar job.

It's like her saying; "I'm making 5 billion a year, I'm retiring now let me pass my throne to someone else so that person can make 5 billion too"..of course not. She just low key. What do you expect, she got old school knowledge from her brothers. That's just my 2 pesos.

Re: Mexico sees first cartel 'queenpin' before female president

Moros

Re: Mexico sees first cartel 'queenpin' before female president

Re: Mexico sees first cartel 'queenpin' before female president

La Flama Blanca
Wasnt Hector Beltran leyva in a somewhat similar sitch as VCF, when he was captured eating prawns in DF?

Re: Mexico sees first cartel 'queenpin' before female president

La Flama Blanca
Are ther any semi/recent picks of her? Besides that famous family pick of the clan all free together??

Re: Mexico sees first cartel 'queenpin' before female president

Nuttz

Re: Mexico sees first cartel 'queenpin' before female president

Siskiyou_Kid
You hope she gets caught? Has an arrest warrant been issued for Enedina?

@ Nuttz

Harassment?? what are you talking about? anything specific, or are you just rambling, lol.  If it is something specific, care to share?

Re: Mexico sees first cartel 'queenpin' before female president

Nuttz

Re: Mexico sees first cartel 'queenpin' before female president

La Flama Blanca
Ok, I gotcha. She may have a case of harassment against her from the US gov.  She probably doesnt want to cause herself any attention form the gov. though.

Re: Mexico sees first cartel 'queenpin' before female president

She was said to be one of the attendees of the francisco Arellano party when he got killed with no escorts or bodyguards .she is also called la bruja there has to be a story why she is called that.i think its the mom Alicia that is reclaiming the properties.

Re: Mexico sees first cartel 'queenpin' before female president

katattx
Do you think Francisco was set up by her? Or some other reason for being called a witch?

Re: Mexico sees first cartel 'queenpin' before female president

Just wondering nobody shot the clown if the narcomami was there no escorts, bodyguards ,local police for hire.la buja  comes from the competition but even at that in Mexico a nickname comes after you look act or resemble something or someone I would figure there's a story behind it
12