Mexico's out of control criminal market

Slappy
I have not seen this before, it's an in depth study of criminality in Mexico.  Very long.  From a year ago by the Brookings institute.

Mexico's out of control criminal market pdf

Re: Mexico's out of control criminal market

El17
Wow great article.  It recommends going after the operational middle middle operators of the cartels instead of taking out leadership and causing chaos and violence.  Also, says why Sinaloa still relies on political capital CJNG just rules by force.  The article article state that Mexico must prioritize and go after the most aggressive and violent groups to show that violence doesn't pay.

Great article,  make a lot of good objective points.  Trump going after poppy fields being misguided.  And what we know already the best way for a decrease in violence is narco paxola.
"Bark dogs,  but while you're barking,  know that I am advancing."  El Senor de Gallos

Re: Mexico's out of control criminal market

Slappy
I haven't read it yet, will on my day off.  We really don't see a lot of studies on this so this should be very interesting.

Re: Mexico's out of control criminal market

El17
Its has some excellent insights.  I'd love to hear what some of the vets on this board think.  It seems rational and well thought out in my opinion.  I dont live there though so dont know 100% if that's what going on.  They rip EPN for continuing this strategy of kingpins hunting as the murders and violence keep raising over 2018 and even more 2019.  It's like he doesn't care and Mexico is worse off then it was when he took power.  I tend to agree.

Also says CJNG hasnt disrupted Sinaloa's massive and invaluable distribution network in the US which is why we haven't seen a lot of violence in the US compared to Mexico.

One of my favorite parts:  I go back and forth over the effectiveness of the kingpin strategy.
The kingpin strategy produces younger and more experienced leaders which in turn have to prove themselves through violence.   The US and UK has found more success disrupting the middle layer of operators in huge rapid take downs netting 100s of the middle guys which disrupts the network.  Until I read this I thought going after the highest value targets was the best strategy.  Kill the head and the body follows, right?  No, it splinters in smaller factions competing with violence.
"Bark dogs,  but while you're barking,  know that I am advancing."  El Senor de Gallos

Re: Mexico's out of control criminal market

Slappy
Kill the head and they lose their reason for existing:  safeguarding drug shipments.  The head has the  drug connection.  Without drugs to protect, they began more traditional mafia activities to make money.  Extortion, kidnapping, drug dealing, murder for hire.  Now it seems more and more people getting into the game and it getting ridiculously violent.  The number of people they kill is just insane.  Territory = $$

A lot of the problems come from killing Arturo and arresting his brothers and La Barbie.

It's pretty sad what it's devolved into.  Add to that mix CJNG trying to take over everything.  IT's crazy.

Re: Mexico's out of control criminal market

Parro
Take the head out - you are left with the rest - they kill each other - and now you have the millenniasl.  Twice as fast and half as good.  Only know power through violence, the wisdom is gone.  A street fight . . to be sure.  Hope they are reading here . . could be good for them . . a voice of wisdom, experience and redemption

The Chicago Outfit only kills people if they absolutely need too.  They understand that bodies bring the police and violence is very expensive.  The Mexican Government needs to punish and go after the most violent and aggressive groups to show them violence doesn't pay and they won't be rewarded for aggression.
"Bark dogs,  but while you're barking,  know that I am advancing."  El Senor de Gallos

Re: Mexico's out of control criminal market

elrojo
You can say that again. I have family in Guerrero and I can guarantee that as well. Once the Beltranes went down so did their lieutenants and Guerrero with them.

Re: Mexico's out of control criminal market

Anon
Not to mention that the Chicago Outfit is like 20 guys with an average age of 60...

Thank you for that addition.  I meant throughout the 90s and 00s
"Bark dogs,  but while you're barking,  know that I am advancing."  El Senor de Gallos

Re: Mexico's out of control criminal market

U.S is at fault for all that violence in Mexico they are the biggest consumers of their drugs !

Re: Mexico's out of control criminal market

This should read U.S outcontrol use of drugs .

Re: Mexico's out of control criminal market

Ricky Churches
deelucky, you don't really belive that, do you? Look there are plenty of American drug dealers in the US and aside from small gang territory disputes no one is fighting or killing for the right to sell drug or over "plazas".

I'm my opinion, it's the greed from the Mexican cartels that causes its own violence. You(cartel) don't own the cities, they claim as plazas, it's not their cities, it's not their roads. If cartels only worried about getting their own drugs across the border then there would be no problem. You deal your drugs, I deal my drugs and let the customer buy from who has the best product. If you only worry about getting by the border, not your fellow Mexican citizens trying to rob, tax or kill you, then there wouldn't be as much violence. There is enough thirst for drugs in the US for many cartels to operate without killing your fellow countrymen. If it's "your Plaza" fix your damn roads, fix your drinking water, the trash system. Cartels only use it to deepen their pockets, that is selfish and greedy.

I'm a Mexican and responsibly starts at home.

Re: Mexico's out of control criminal market

Ricky Churches
What about extortion, piso, kidnappings? Because John Smith likes to snort cocaine I'm going to go charge Jose a percentage of his avocado crop? I'm going to go kidnap Maria's son cause she has a successful chain of restaurants? I'm going to charge Miguel for the right to sell bubble gum at the border crossings? Or any other business just because they have a legit successful hustle going on? There is a lot of envy and jealousy in Mexico. Like they don't want to see their fellow people doing well.

Re: Mexico's out of control criminal market

And biggest makers of arms resulting in violence.

Re: Mexico's out of control criminal market

Ricky Churches
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. There is over a quarter billion guns in the US, no where near the violence not even 1% of the decapitations. Guns don't make people decapitate people, those machetes are Hecho en México.

There is drug consumption in Mexico and if you get caught selling drugs by the cartel, you get killed not cause the Americans do drugs because the cartels are greedy and want to be the only ones selling and profiting.

Re: Mexico's out of control criminal market

deelucky1
Mexican drug traffickers operate in evry US state no need for machetes .why dosnt the U.S have same mentality when they went into iraq or when they went looking for bin laden ? Why is this any different.

Re: Mexico's out of control criminal market

Ricky Churches
You're moving the goal post. If they operate in the US why don't they cause the level of violence in the US that they do in Mexico? What's stopping them?

We're talking about why there is so much violence in Mexico, it's not cause the Americans do drugs, it's because the cartels are greedy. Americans have always done drugs. Yet the violence in Mexico gets worse and worse.

Send me a link to a story of a decapitation and a narco manta in the US. A link to a story of cartels extorting business in the US. Narco mantas announcing arrivals of cartels to Utah.

Cartels are greedy and their - it's only us and no one else mentality that causes them to kill their own people on a daily basis. YET they STILL keep getting the drugs to their destination. Responsibility goes a long way and things won't change until you accept it and stop blaming others.

Re: Mexico's out of control criminal market

Ricky Churches
See, your moving the goal post. I thought it was Americans thirst for drugs that Mexico is so violent?

America going into Iraq was wrong but that a whole different story.

Re: Mexico's out of control criminal market