Mexico’s President Thanks Trump for Offer to Help ‘Wage War’ on Cartels After Massacre of 9 Americans

Mexico’s President Thanks Trump for Offer to Help ‘Wage War’ on Cartels After Massacre of 9 Americans

B00Mer

Mexico’s President Thanks Trump for Offer to Help ‘Wage War’ on Cartels After Massacre of 9 Americans

https://ktla.com/2019/11/05/trump-offers-mexico-aid-to-wage-war-on-drug-cartels-following-massacre-of-american-family/

Trump is offering Mexico's government unspecified help to "wage war" on drug cartels after nine members of a breakaway faction of the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints were massacred in northern Mexico.

Mexico's foreign secretary saidPresident López Obrador has phoned Trump, expressing "thanks for the offer of help, if Mexico needs some sort of help."

Good Kill them all Trump!!!
Agua que no has de beber, déjala correr

Re: Mexico’s President Thanks Trump for Offer to Help ‘Wage War’ on Cartels After Massacre of 9 Americans

Delta80
As much how as many of us would like too see justice for all innocent victims (not just the latest ones) of cartels, the U.S intervening with military action won't likely happen.

Re: Mexico’s President Thanks Trump for Offer to Help ‘Wage War’ on Cartels After Massacre of 9 Americans

keep comments about this event.....

Re: Mexico’s President Thanks Trump for Offer to Help ‘Wage War’ on Cartels After Massacre of 9 Americans

NEW HERE
I don’t think much if going to come out of this. When it comes to interacting with other countries Trump is more bark than bite, especially since I think that for some reason Trump and Obrador have hit it off on a personal level.

People that were unaware, because the first headlines made it seem this way, probably initially thought this just some fully American family that were visiting Mexico that got killed. Then some of the more colorful history from this family comes out and the fact that they were dual citizens, or at least a lot of members of their family members are dual citizens, makes this tragedy less of a story that can be politicized. Why less politicized? Because this family chooses to live in Mexico and one of the reasons for them being there as a family is taboo.

Sad and cold but true. How much a tragedy can be used for political purposes plays a lot into how much coverage a tragedy gets.

Re: Mexico’s President Thanks Trump for Offer to Help ‘Wage War’ on Cartels After Massacre of 9 Americans

AMLO could get assassinated and Mexico still would never ask for help.  There is not a single scenario where Mexico would allow assistance from another country to help eliminate cartels.  I suppose this is pride or the Mexican deep state that does not want to eliminate cartel kickbacks.

Re: Mexico’s President Thanks Trump for Offer to Help ‘Wage War’ on Cartels After Massacre of 9 Americans

BBfollower
Let's be honest, people. There is no country in the whole wide world that would accept a foreign army on their territory when the problem is internal...If you really think that you'll see the american marines in Mexico running after narcos, you are delusional.

Re: Mexico’s President Thanks Trump for Offer to Help ‘Wage War’ on Cartels After Massacre of 9 Americans

B00Mer
BBfollower, I think you're just being hopeful

The US military are in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and not to mention have bases in Germany and many other countries..

Eventually if the Cartels continues the way they are going, the US and Mexico jointly will have to clean them up.

Maybe not the current useless President.. a joke really, a unesless leader.

The world and Cartels are laughing at the Mexican President right now..
Agua que no has de beber, déjala correr

Re: Mexico’s President Thanks Trump for Offer to Help ‘Wage War’ on Cartels After Massacre of 9 Americans

El Guero
I agree more bark than bite BUT if Mexico invited him to he'd send in Delta to remove the heads of all the major cartels with ease.  And his base would laud him for hit.

Now, as we all know it would only make things worse, ultimately so.....

But wouldn't it make some of us feel oh so great to read about Baghdadi like killings of these savages who have inflicted so much pain and carnage though????
Things must get worse before they can get better

Re: Mexico’s President Thanks Trump for Offer to Help ‘Wage War’ on Cartels After Massacre of 9 Americans

Guero!!

US has been giving Mexico money and equipment plus training for as long as I have been in Mexico.  Tjhey do not want troop or US presence.  They have been caught with their had in the cookie jar many times, Obama even cut off the aid, but was too weak to do it for long..

Trump needs to deem cartels as terrorist giving him more latitude.

I am also in favor of legalization

Re: Mexico’s President Thanks Trump for Offer to Help ‘Wage War’ on Cartels After Massacre of 9 Americans

B00Mer
Mexico needs to get rid of AMLO and get a real leader in there that will keep care of the Cartels..

AMLO doesn't have security guards, doesn't he??

Chivis....I would tend to concur with you on all points.

They long ago crossed the line between drug dealers(who I take little issue with) to terrorists(who I believe should be given no quarter).  Somewhere around 2005 to 2008 I'd say they took on terrorist status in my book.
Things must get worse before they can get better

Re: Mexico’s President Thanks Trump for Offer to Help ‘Wage War’ on Cartels After Massacre of 9 Americans

Cirilo
It wouldnt even have to be the U.S. It could easily be a middle eastern based security contractor team (funded, organized, trained and ran behind the scenes by the U.S).

What would happen is Mexico is so corrupt and in over their head they would eventually have to work with the cartels and against the security contractors. They would likely give up their location and all types of classified info.

It would also come down to which cartel would they help, which would they go after, they wont go after all of the.

Re: Mexico’s President Thanks Trump for Offer to Help ‘Wage War’ on Cartels After Massacre of 9 Americans

Parro
Chivas, sorry, no legalization.  Sinaloa & CJNG have taken moderate pill users in USA and made them stark raving lunatics in USA.  So many deaths to overdoses.  Tenfold in less than 10 years.  Unleashing legalization, only brings in more potent drugs to the moderate user.  Anarchy at best in the future.  I don't think  a good answer.

I'll post some news on the "Fent" posting to state the facts that I'm exposed to.  Regarding the main page post, I have friends and family in Mexico, Nuevo Leon, Coahuila, etc.  It's not apathy, it's fear.  Zipped lips, lest one be heard.  Journalists, the common man . . ruled by the thugs.  Witness the Iran proxies in Lebanon, Iraq and Yemen.  The PLO in Gaza and the West Bank.  The ogliarchs in Russia, politburo in both Russia and China.  Madero in Venezuela, Morales in Bolivia, and so on.

Lawlessness can get away.  Without law, impunity then anarchy.  It's just a bad book, when you turn to the last page, it doesn't have a good ending.