Mexico just ruined the world's sexiest police squad - NY Post

Mexico just ruined the world's sexiest police squad - NY Post

stevectpa
By Yaron Steinbuch    March 11, 2016 | 11:12am
NEW YORK POST

http://nypost.com/2016/03/11/mexico-just-ruined-the-worlds-sexiest-police-squad/

A Mexican police force unit known for its big busts and high heels has been downsized.

The 20 members of the female-only division in the Aguascalientes police department have projected a sexy image in their form-fitting uniforms, but the country’s new head of security decided they were a distraction.

Eduardo Bahena Pineda got rid of 13 of the sirens and ordered the rest to wear standard uniforms and ditch the 4.7-inch heels, Central European News reported.

The special department was launched in 2013 by retired Gen. Rolando Eugenio Hidalgo Eddy, who thought it would be a good idea to have a brigade of hot-looking female officers working at social events.

The unit made waves after President Enrique Peña Nieto published a photo alongside the curvaceous cops.

“We had broken formation and were heading for the exit when we met him. We gathered around the president and he said, ‘Well, let’s take a picture,’” one of the female officers said.

Officer Alma Rosa said she thinks the change is positive.

“People would come to us, but they seemed puzzled as we did not look like real policewomen,” Rosa said. “Now that I’m an operative officer and I wear police shoes, I feel much prouder. I was proud before, but now I feel prouder.”