Mexico Kidnap Victim Kills 4 and Escapes, But is Gunned Down by Police

Mexico Kidnap Victim Kills 4 and Escapes, But is Gunned Down by Police

Athena
Fox News Latino
Published March 29, 2012

Tijuana, Mexico –  A kidnapping victim killed two of his captors and a pair of other people he encountered while making his escape in this Mexican border metropolis before he was finally gunned down by police, authorities said.

According to the Baja California state Attorney General's Office, the man had been abducted and taken to a safe house in the upscale Tijuana neighborhood of Lomas Conjunto Residencial.

The unidentified kidnap victim somehow managed to grab hold of an AK-47 assault rifle despite being handcuffed and kill two of his captors, whose bodies were later found by police at the house.

After leaving the safe house, the half-naked, handcuffed and armed man found an SUV a short distance away and eventually made off with the vehicle after killing a retired Mexican army officer and an ex-police who were guarding it.

According to authorities, he then encountered a group of municipal police while trying to drive away and fired at them, touching off a clash in which he was finally shot and killed.

In a press conference, a spokesperson for the state AG's office said the vehicle had been struck by several bullets and the man - said to be around 36 - was found handcuffed and holding the assault rifle.

The bodies of two people were discovered in the safe house along with a handgun and another AK-47, 43 packets of marijuana, tactical gear, a marijuana press and a scale.

Upon further investigation, authorities found blood-stained clothing in a washroom and other evidence that that area of the house had been used to torture people.

No explanation has been given as to why the man attacked the police, but some versions indicate the alleged kidnap victim was a gang member who was to be swapped for other criminals held by some rival group.

Mexico has been plagued for years by a wave of violence unleashed by organized crime groups involved in kidnappings and drug, arms and people trafficking.

An average of 49 kidnappings per day occurred in Mexico in 2011, marking a significant increase from the prior year, the Council for Law and Human Rights, or CLDH, said in a recent report.

A total of 17,889 kidnappings occurred in Mexico last year, up 32 percent from the 13,505 abductions registered in 2010, the non-governmental organization said.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2012/03/29/kidnap-victim-kills-4-gunned-down-by-police-in-mexico/#ixzz1qYfkTjZC
AJ

Re: Mexico Kidnap Victim Kills 4 and Escapes, But is Gunned Down by Police

AJ
Interesting story. I'm glad that the guy fought back and killed some of these bastards. I wonder who this kidnap victim was himself? This story is like some kind of weird scene from an action movie. Only in Mexico.
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Mexico Kidnap Victim Kills 4 and Escapes, But is Gunned Down by Police

I was meaning to do this story for the main board, the victim was organized crime, mid level sicario probably.  Comments from blogs say El Javy or El G.  The guy was wearing police handcuffs and firing an assault rifle, not a citizen.
AJ

Re: Mexico Kidnap Victim Kills 4 and Escapes, But is Gunned Down by Police

AJ
You da man J.
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Mexico Kidnap Victim Kills 4 and Escapes, But is Gunned Down by Police

hola J

i have the story in draft I have video and photos, using tj media mostly AFN.  I still have about another hour of work on it..BUT
if you would like to do the story let me know.

i saw some of the comments on the blogs.  right away one thinks ok this guy has to be sicario by his quick action...a killer..

why the hell won't they release his name?  whats your best guess..?

Re: Mexico Kidnap Victim Kills 4 and Escapes, But is Gunned Down by Police

ps

is it possible to fire an ak47 being handcuffed?  afn did not id the weapon as AK47

Re: Mexico Kidnap Victim Kills 4 and Escapes, But is Gunned Down by Police

Maybe he was wearing the handcuffs, but out in front, then I would say it's possible, but it's definitely hard to imagine, I am trying to recreate it right now, (without weapon of course) where would you place the second hand, to steady the weapon?  I don't know, maybe the only one hand was cuffed.  As to who he was, I expect they will tell us soon, there are so many sub groups and factions, it is difficult to even guess, Tijuana is not easily defined these days, in terms of cartels.  He could be with a half dozen different crews/cells, but, since they have mentioned he is organized crime, I am hoping we get a real answer.

On another note, I was in Tijuana last week for lunch, this kind of violence is not the norm, and I would consider most parts of the city very safe.
Tex

AJ

Re: Mexico Kidnap Victim Kills 4 and Escapes, But is Gunned Down by Police

AJ
You da man Tex. Always doing great reporting.
CHIVIS FOREVER
Tex

Re: Mexico Kidnap Victim Kills 4 and Escapes, But is Gunned Down by Police

Tex

Re: Mexico Kidnap Victim Kills 4 and Escapes, But is Gunned Down by Police

SINALOENSEBOY
I SAW SOME PICS AND I THINK IT SHOWED A MAN WITH HIS HANDS BEHIND HIS BACK......BUT I'M NOT 100%......STILL A FUCKED UP SITUATION!!!! I THINK THIS WAS ALL FIXED.....HE WAS A RAMBO FOR SURE IF THATS THE CASE!!!!
THOSE THAT TALK DON'T KNOW, AND THOSE THAT KNOW DON'T TALK.....

Re: Mexico Kidnap Victim Kills 4 and Escapes, But is Gunned Down by Police

Mexicali~Slim
Either victim was lucky, had experience or the kidnappers were rookies. Dood showed them the real deal! He Almost maid it all the way out, I guess it was time for him to go after all.

Re: Mexico Kidnap Victim Kills 4 and Escapes, But is Gunned Down by Police

elotero
This story just does not add up.  It seems very weird.

Re: Mexico Kidnap Victim Kills 4 and Escapes, But is Gunned Down by Police

ArmChairIntellect
How unfortunate....

Re: UPDATE>>>Mexico Kidnap Victim Kills 4 and Escapes, But is Gunned Down by Police

I just posted an update on this story.  People in TJ are VERY concerned that this will result in an all out war and violence.

the guy is 52 years old!  his wife came for the body..he was a heavy sent to TJ by Chapo

Re: UPDATE>>>Mexico Kidnap Victim Kills 4 and Escapes, But is Gunned Down by Police

TJ will be fine, if El Sillas kidnapped the nieces of El Mayo, and there wasn't an all out war, this too will pass.  It's too important of a plaza too heat up again, no one wants war, even if it means making peace with enemies or making deals of convenience.