Mexican prison contact info

K_Mennem
I am working on putting together a contact list for Mexican jails/prisons/detention centers. Mainly border areas, but other prisons where inmates would be possibly transferred to would be appreciated. If anyone has anything, addresses, contact info, ect...would be greatly appreciated!

You can always email me at kmennem@gmail.com

Thanks.

Re: Mexican prison contact info

Lala
Look up secretaría de seguridad pública in each state, you should find adresses, phone numbers and all that there, sistema estatal penitenciario

Re: Mexican prison contact info

Bjeff
Excellent idea, I wish I could help you, but I am only scraping on the ground as of yet, I hope I get to the mantel one day.

I hope you can post that list when done. We should build up a resource library for all digging journalists on Mexico.

My hat off for you!

Re: Mexican prison contact info

K_Mennem
Thanks Bjeff. It may take a little time but I will post it when I am done!

Re: Mexican prison contact info

K_Mennem
Thanks Lala. I was able to get a hold of a directory of all state prisons. Working on federal now.

Re: Mexican prison contact info

Pinchegringo
Nice job dude. Keep it up.  What do you plan on doing with this information once you have it all collected?

Re: Mexican prison contact info

"K"

Do you have what you need now?  Or our you still looking for the federal?  My office gathered info for me about 6 months ago I sent a text to see which is was.

Re: Mexican prison contact info

K_Mennem

Pinchegringo- I want it more or less as a contact list for those searching for family members, how to reach them, ect. A large number living in the U.S. have family members locked up in Mexico and have trouble getting contact info for them. Its almost as some of these prisons dont exist! Amazing how little info I am coming up with on some.

Chivis- I believe I have all the state prison cereso info, some of the federal info (should be able to find rest of it online)...if you have anything at hand shoot it to me by email, just whenever you come across it. Gracias.

I would like any detention center where one could be held for a few days before taken to a CERESO to await charges. So this is going to be an ongoing project to get all of those, at least in the border cities/areas.

Re: Mexican prison contact info

K_Mennem
well the list is coming along after hours of work! (mostly reformatting and adding key words)

Here is the link. Its freaking huuuge so I doubt anyone wants it posted here.

http://www.hellonearthblog.com/2013/04/prison-and-detention-center-database-of.html

Re: Mexican prison contact info

Lala
WOAH! you are a hard worker, you deserve one of these

Re: Mexican prison contact info

The Radio
Glad to see you here, K.  Your blog's been one of my bookmarks for the last year or more.
lasers...

Re: Mexican prison contact info

K_Mennem
Thanks Lala, thanks Radio!

Re: Mexican prison contact info

I do and will send to you.  My assistant still had the federal prison information.

I just sent to your email.  Aren't BB peeps helpful?  They are awesome....

Re: Mexican prison contact info

K_Mennem
ya damn right they are!

Re: Mexican prison contact info

I just returned home...
I have the address/phone etc for #12 and most the others.  One of the girls at my office called to verify the numbers were still active.

when 12 opened no. 11 also opened in Hermosillo, I think a month a part.

there are actually 12 federal prisons including Islas Marías

so the numbers now make sence.  I spent a few minutes last night and found all the prisons so this AM my office located the addresses and verification.

I have it in document....so it is on its way to you via email.

chivis

Re: Mexican prison contact info

K_Mennem
Thank you very much!!!!