Mexican judge caught smuggling 38lbs of coke

Mexican judge caught smuggling 38lbs of coke

Kye0001

Copied from this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5485271/Tijuana-judge-caught-smuggling-38-pounds-cocaine-border.html

A Tijuana judge was arrested after he allegedly smuggled 38 pounds of cocaine across the border.

Apparently the drugs were found hidden in Eduardo Francisco Sais Peinado's Jeep Liberty, San Diego federal court heard.

He was arrested February 10 at the San Ysidro Port of Entry, according to the San Diego Union Tribune.
Sais was fired from his judicial post the same day for an unrelated work incident. A Tijuana city official declined to elaborate further, AFDN reported.

A U.S. Customs and Border Protection officer approached Sais, who was alone in his Jeep when crossing about 6.20pm, as he waited in the pre-primary lanes.
According to the complaint, Sais presented his border crossing card and said he was headed to Chula Vista, California.

He claimed he had nothing to declare and that the only people who use the Jeep are him and his girlfriend.

The officers used a device that tests the density of vehicle parts and got a high reading on the door panels.

Officials became suspicious after a drug-sniffing dog went to the door and an X-ray found anomalies in passenger doors.

They eventually found 11 packages of cocaine hidden in the front and rear passenger doors, as well as five packages in the rear door.

Sais has agreed to remain in federal custody without bail and is pleading not guilty.

Re: Mexican judge caught smuggling 38lbs of coke

I saw this in the local paper the other day.....Very common, there have been many cases like this since Sinaloa took the plaza in 2010 or so....

I have read many myself, and I find myself feeling very empathetic with many of these couriers, and wondering what those moments are like when you realize.....Many don't even understand the seriousness of the situation they are in, and don't speak English, or understand the laws.

Many are in poverty, or compromised through family, enticed with the quick case.

Re: Mexican judge caught smuggling 38lbs of coke

Kye0001
Yes, its not a situation I'd want to be faced with, its the daily mail so you only get a half sided story anyway.

Re: Mexican judge caught smuggling 38lbs of coke

Could it be that it was placed there, or is it too elaborate when in door panels?

Re: Mexican judge caught smuggling 38lbs of coke

No, this happens all the time.  Judges, businessmen, baseball players, people from every walk of life are recruited, esp. those with stronger socioeconomic status and Sentri pass.

There was an architect who was recruited/coerced about 6 years ago, to smuggle 10 kilos.  These people are often expert manipulators.  A friend comes to them in need, and they grant them their wish.  Then it comes time to repay, and you can't say no.

Look at Loaiza, if he met someone in the club scene in TJ, all drinks and girls, party, and then he asks a favor, just a one time bridge loan.  And then he can't pay it back as soon as it is requested, but then it is your lucky day, and you are going to be forgiven, just do us the favor. They can't say no.

Also, 18 kilos of cocaine is worth like 250k in Tijuana and near double in San Diego or LA.

Re: Mexican judge caught smuggling 38lbs of coke

Re: Mexican judge caught smuggling 38lbs of coke

Thanks for that insight J.That's interesting how that works and I guess there's enough people out there who are put in 'no win' situations and these guys know exactly what they are doing.I'm sure they don't cover the lawyer either if you're busted?

Re: Mexican judge caught smuggling 38lbs of coke

@J: You are most likely right in this case, but I remember there was stories on BB about problems for commuters crossing over, where they would get unwanted drug packages embedded with the car, when parking or not monitoring the vehicle.

I guess that pertains to smaller quantities and easy mounting. I guess the conclusion is that if there is a market, humans will do whatever the fantasy allows to get access to that market.