Mexican government affirms that students burned at dump

Mexican government affirms that students burned at dump

Soliado
Still living in fantasy land.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/mexican-government-affirms-that-students-burned-at-dump/ar-AAe33ad

By E. EDUARDO CASTILLO, Associated Press

                                                             © AP Photo/Emilio Espejel
MEXICO CITY — Mexico's attorney general's office remained convinced on Monday that many of the 43 students who disappeared in 2014 were killed and incinerated at a garbage dump, one day after an independent experts' report said it did not happen.

Tomas Zeron, the director of its criminal investigation agency, said there could have been errors in the investigation but they remain confident in the forensic science and the conclusion, adding that 100 investigators were involved.

"We can't be wrong," Zeron said on Enfoque Radio Monday. Zeron's office has been one of the principal actors in the investigation of the students' disappearance Sept. 26, 2014, in the southern state of Guerrero.

Francisco Cox, one of the experts on the independent commission sent by the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights, told Milenio television that it is possible the students were burned elsewhere, but not at the dump.

On Sunday, just hours after the report was released, Attorney General Arely Gomez said she would order a new examination of what happened at the dump.

The independent experts' report dismantled the government's long-held official version and found numerous problems in the investigation. Parents of the students have long refused to accept the government's version.

Only one student was successfully identified from a bone fragment that the government said was thrown with other remains reduced to ash into a river.

The independent experts hired their own fire expert to study the scene. He concluded that it was not possible that a fire of the magnitude necessary to reduce the bodies to ash occurred at the dump.

                                                           © AP Photo/Rebecca Blackwell, file
The experts' report put forward another possible motive for the attack that one of the buses the students seized in Iguala was carrying a drug load. The city is a known hub for opium paste coming out of surrounding mountains.

President Enrique Pena Nieto said Monday that he was willing to meet with the students' parents and the independent experts.

"I want to know the truth," he said at an event in the central state of Puebla.

The Mexican government has agreed to extend the experts' term so they can conclude their investigation.

Re: Mexican government affirms that students burned at dump

choco
Well, the good news is EPN decided to extend the expert review panel's term so they can conclude their study.

Re: Mexican government affirms that students burned at dump

Chimera
.
.
remained convinced...  that many of the 43 students who disappeared in 2014 were killed and incinerated at a garbage dump... [my emphasis]
Many. Not all 43 as they have been claiming since almost a year ago. Many. We shouldn't let that sly little re-framing slip past.

Re: Mexican government affirms that students burned at dump

Ed-Oak

Re: Mexican government affirms that students burned at dump

Soliado
Just more smoke and mirrors that constitute another component of the delaying tactics practiced by this administration and political party. They will continue to drag this out for as long as they can in the hope that people will lose interest. In the interim, these pack of wolves, also known as the PRI political party, will continue enriching themselves from the public coffers or through the deals they make with the drug cartels. They will also ensure that honest citizens or former citizens, who they see as a threat to their remaining in office, will remain incarcerated or meet with an untimely and unnatural death.

I see the PRI as wanting to maintain their candidate as the President of Mexico, which assures that they remain in power. Prior to the election that sent Vicente Fox to the presidency in the year 2000, the PRI had held the office for the previous 71 years during which time they used whatever means were necessary to quell the opposition's voices from being heard. I am afraid to say that they are at it again given the number of reporters that have disappeared, been murdered, quit reporting all together and the other dirty tactics that they employ to prevent or stop negative stories from being published. I believe that the PRI will stop at nothing to maintain their firm grip on Mexico, ensuring that they remain in office.

Re: Mexican government affirms that students burned at dump

you are kidding ...right?

Re: Mexican government affirms that students burned at dump

exactly.

additionally, there were satellite photos that were taken during the time of the reported dump incineration.  there was not a fire depicted.

The rain was a heavy rain, not a light sprinkle.

I did a research of how much  product (tires or whatever) had to be used to burn that many bodies and time element.  there was simply and absolutely no way.  I have the figures in a MB post.  Then there was the degree of heat extending for a minimum period that made it impossible.

remember there were two attacks that night I think 1 or 2 hrs apart.  the Omar phone call was made in between the two.  at that time the military was there remember?  but not at the attack/shootout scene.  they were further away to the city border area.  IMO I feel the military, who always convoys at night along the highway outside the city, were doing just that when called to help maintain Iguala's entry and exits.  keeping people out.

so at least at that point the soldiers were involved from that time.  I have never been convinced they knew what was happening before or during the time of the first attack.  But they were all in bed with each other or "on call" for help.

They, GU,  took the bodies to incinerate them but found it impossible to do so for all the aforementioned reasons. in all probability a call was made for help with the disposal.  remember the GU who were arrested and confessed, they told of the transporting the bodies in the truck, I think stake bed, can't remember, some normalistas died of suffocation in the transfer, first to the ranch of the plaza boss then to the dump.  I think that part fits in.  of course the gob would not allow any complicity to be implied, that the military was involved, so the story had to stay with disposal at the dump.

But from there to the military crematorium is not a long drive.  It would be quick and tidy. (cocula to base)   it is only 120 miles or so  to the nearest base with a crematorium.   so maybe about 2 hrs drive?and almost a straight shot from.  Cocula.  Iguala close by used to have a crematorium but was closed at the time of the massacre.

BTW ED Lucio plans to use your material and create a post.  he has not had time, he says he wants to read every report and also access archive stuff.  but it is an important update.  he is finishing a post that he is writing and has worked on for 3 or  days.  I think he is almost finished, then he will look at this.

thanks for pulling all the info together.

I will send him the link to yours also soliado

Re: Mexican government affirms that students burned at dump

J. Stewart
@Chivis or any one ele that knows: In some texts the writer refers to "MB-post". What is "MB" stands for??
Is it MainBoard?

Re: Mexican government affirms that students burned at dump

Re: Mexican government affirms that students burned at dump

I am sorry, thanks for not being shy about asking.

Re: Mexican government affirms that students burned at dump

Chimera
Chivis, I think your theory makes a lot of sense. I remember you post about just how much it would have taken -- both in terms of tires, diesel, etc, and time -- to cremate 43 people, and how it just could not have been done. That was an excellent analysis.

The point I guess I wasn't too clear on is, up until, well, just this last week or so!, the Mexican government has pretty much still been insisting that narcos incinerated the students at the dump. Now, they are hedging saying, as Ed-Oak says, ""un gran número de personas" or "un número importante de estudiantes," or as I saw in the English-language report, simply "many."