Mexican / Latino Gang Tattoo Guide and The La eme Tattoo Guide

Mexican / Latino Gang Tattoo Guide and The La eme Tattoo Guide

senorjoe

Re: Mexican / Latino Gang Tattoo Guide and The La eme Tattoo Guide

Mexico-Watcher
This post was updated on .
Senor Joe: Good post this interesting article. >

Ever since I did research on heroin overdose at the LA County Medical Examiner forensic facility, I've thought of tattoos as biographic "self-disclosure" art (long story with lots of blaa blaa for other times).

It really surprised me, but I never connected Marylin Monroe' initials  (MM) as La EME's code.

Remembering some pictures in my files I located pictures of Edward "Chuco" Cabarello a well known  "Veterano" who seems revered by Califas gangbangers  as a kind of barrio anti-hero.

Mexico-Watcher

Re: Mexican / Latino Gang Tattoo Guide and The La eme Tattoo Guide

Pinchegringo
I hadn't connected MM either - interesting connection MW.

Thanks for posting this!

Re: Mexican / Latino Gang Tattoo Guide and The La eme Tattoo Guide

Mexico-Watcher
Pinchegringo wrote
I hadn't connected MM either - interesting connection MW.

Thanks for posting this!
Pinche Gringo: De nada, amigo.

Here a little more on La Eme and it's various kinds of connections to Mexican narco-cartels.  Clearly, this prison based criminal organization operates "internationally."   BTW: In connection with posts concerning "snitiches", the huge, 2013, Southern California bust described in the article below couldn't have been done without "snitches" (CIs or CSs) and is a good example of how LE and the CJS produce many kinds of outcomes, of which arrest are just a few....

=====================
Authorities make moves against OC wing of Mexican Mafia
By GREG RISLING, Associated Press Published: Sep 24, 2013 at 3:41 PM PDT

Authorities make moves against OC wing of Mexican Mafia

A man arrested during an early morning gang sweep is walked to the Santa Ana Police Department for booking Tuesday Sept. 24, 2013, in Santa Ana, Calif. (AP Photo/The Orange County Register, Bruce Chambers)

LOS ANGELES (AP) — More than 120 people linked to street gangs that claim allegiance to the Mexican Mafia have been indicted on various racketeering, weapons and narcotics charges as authorities attempt to cripple the notorious prison gang's Orange County wing.

Hundreds of law enforcement officers fanned out across Southern California on Tuesday, making arrests as part of "Operation Smokin' Aces." A total of 129 people have been indicted by county and federal grand juries alleging crimes including murder, drug trafficking and extortion.

The Mexican Mafia sought and received payments from gangs in Orange County in exchange for freely committing crimes in primarily Latino neighborhoods, according to court documents. Those who refused were put on lists that often resulted in violent retribution.

Even those who appeared to have significant roles in the gang found themselves in trouble. One defendant, Raul Gonzalez-Hernandez, was placed on a "hard candy" list, which meant he was targeted for death. Gonzalez-Hernandez was beaten up by other Mexican Mafia associates in November 2011 for insulting an Orange County Mexican Mafia member and violating leadership rules, court documents say.

Others were even less fortunate. Ramon Alvarez, charged with racketeering conspiracy, allegedly authorized a gang associate to kill a person in December 2011. No one was killed but it's unclear if the associate was charged.

The prison gang's Orange County faction was headed by Peter Ojeda, according to the indictment. He wasn't charged Tuesday but is awaiting trial in another racketeering conspiracy case filed in 2011.

Those who spoke poorly of Ojeda also were met with violence, authorities said. Juanita Carillo-Ortiz, 39, was killed in Mexico last year because she was "talking disrespectfully" about Ojeda, according to court documents.

Carillo-Ortiz told Orange County gang members she represented the Mexican Mafia in Los Angeles and had the authority to collect money from them, authorities said. She was killed by two men in a Tijuana hotel room who kept her body for several days, burning it and then dumping it in a remote area. The two men remain fugitives but Orange County prosecutors have charged Ismael Esquivel, who they say ordered the murder, with Carillo-Ortiz's death.

The Mexican Mafia has long been suspected by law enforcement of controlling drug distribution and other illegal activities within California jails and prisons as well as on the street. By extorting gangs via "taxes," the Mexican Mafia receives a portion of the proceeds while also offering gangs protection or assistance if needed.

The indictments also targeted the girlfriends and wives of inmates and gang members, who authorities say were messengers and drug smugglers for the Mexican Mafia. One defendant, Gloria Aguilar-Vargas, is accused of sending two greeting cards containing heroin to a gang member in jail. Kimberly Silva-Cox allegedly tried to send cards soaked in methamphetamine to the Orange County Jail but they often were confiscated.

Authorities said they seized 22 pounds of methamphetamine, 1 1/2 pounds of heroin, 3 pounds of cocaine and made 67 undercover weapon purchases as part of the investigation.
MORE [rest of article at:]

link: http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/local/Authorities-make-moves-against-OC-wing-of-Mexican-Mafia-225105152.html

So, my point is that we should always be mindful that major prison gangs (such La Eme) are a very important part of crime systems or machines that operate inside and outside prisons as well as internationally.  Blaa, blaa, blaa ...

Mexico-Watcher

Re: Mexican / Latino Gang Tattoo Guide and The La eme Tattoo Guide

senorjoe
This post was updated on .
MW, before i forget, thanks for those pictures, did not know they existed.
About a month ago there was a big bust in my old stomping ground, what a lot of folks where not aware of was that La Eme wants to remove black folks out of hispanic neigborhoods, when did that become an agenda of theirs?

More than three dozen alleged members and associates of a San Gabriel Valley gang said to be controlled by the Mexican Mafia were indicted on a range of murder, robbery, drug trafficking and other charges, federal officials announced Wednesday.

Of the 41 defendants named in the 167-page federal racketeering indictment, 17 were arrested Wednesday morning, 15 were already in custody and nine are still at large, according to the Department of Justice.

The El Monte Flores gang was formed in the 1960s and operates in El Monte and South El Monte. Since its origin, more than 800 people have been identified as members or associates, officials said. It receives direction from the Mexican Mafia prison gang, according to the indictment.

The investigating task force on the case included the Drug Enforcement Administration, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the Internal Revenue Service's criminal investigation unit and the El Monte Police Department.

The 62-count indictment alleges that members of the gang commit violent crimes ranging from battery to murder, as well as robbery, burglary, carjacking, witness intimidation, kidnapping, weapons trafficking, credit card fraud and identity theft.

The indictment points to the execution of a former Mexican Mafia member and four other people in an El Monte home in 1995, alleging they were killed by co-conspirators hired by a gang member.

The indictment also alleges the gang commits hate crimes against blacks in El Monte and South El Monte "in an effort to rid these cities of all African Americans.”

The gang maintained a presence at a Boys & Girls Club in El Monte, where members openly sold drugs, held gang meetings and even hosted a car-wash fundraiser, according to the Department of Justice.

A person who answered the phone at the club said he was unaware of the allegations and declined to make anyone else available to The Times for comment.

Authorities also allege in the indictment that gang members collect "taxes" from drug dealers who operate in the area -- particularly at Crawford's Plaza and the Klingerman apartments -- and use violence and intimation to maintain control.

In addition to the acts of violence, the defendants face various charges, including racketeering, drug and weapons-related charges, money laundering and being an undocumented immigrant after previously being deported.

Those taken into custody were scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday in U.S. District Court.

If convicted, all of the defendants could face up to 20 years in prison for violating a federal racketeering law and potentially decades more, depending on each defendant's individual charges.

One defendant, 33-year-old Johnny Mata, could face the death penalty if convicted of being the shooter in the killing of a rival gang member on Christmas Eve in 2010, according to federal prosecutors.
LA EME Timeline http://murderpedia.org/male.M/images/morgan_joe/EmeTimeline.pdf

Link to story above.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-el-monte-gang-indicted-20140730-story.html

Re: Mexican / Latino Gang Tattoo Guide and The La eme Tattoo Guide

Mexico-Watcher
This post was updated on .
Senor Joe: Thanks for the feedback and the article on the busts in your old stomping grounds of El Monte.

Shit, I used to live in South El Monte near the San Gabriel River.  I went to Rio Hondo CC, and worked at the Texaco Research Lab at Legg Lake.  Small world, que no?

P.S. some years ago, I met a Eme member in jail who had just learned he had been "green-lighted."  He was asking for psych treatment for his high anxiety (fukin scared shitless, in lay terms).  When offered short term MH housing and PC, he reluctantly changed his mind and decided to take his chances in GP (general population).

 I asked him"Why?" and he said it was no use as La Eme would take it out on his family if he tried to run and hide ... and besides, he said, "They will track me down no matter what.... There is NO place to run or hide."

BTW: I never found out what finally happened to him.  Probably dead, is my guess.

About La Eme taking over Black turf, ... I certainly believe this form of racist animosity exists "both" ways.   Liberals, the middle and upper classes and the MSM media does NOT want to acknowledge Black on Brown or Brown on Black racism.  But anyone familiar with jails, prisons, ghettos, slums, and barrios will tell you it is a significant reality.  Of course, TV documentaries such as Lockdown, National Geographic, etc. do touch on the socio-racial aspects of life in jails and prisons... but these documentaries are only superficial descriptions and not seriously analytic .... which IMO, is nothing more than unspoken but applied PC.  As you know, ignoring signs of cancer can lead to ultimate death of patients.

In my wanderings, I think I've heard this spat out derisevly, "pinche mayates!" over 5,000 time.  Curiously, from the little I know, Chicago, NJ, FL, NY, and other eastern States have evolved different racial accommodations (possibly because of Puerto Rican, Dominicano, and Cubano influences?)

The Black/Brown and Brown/Black racism thing is complex  on economic, social, political and many other levels.  It is a fascinating topic that academics, the Media, politicians, and others shy from due to PC and fears of being ostacised for bring these topics to the fore.  Maybe some of our BLB poster can add their  thoughts to this, 800# gorilla, area of political and intellectual neglect.

Mexico-Watcher

MW
yup , i also lived near the 605 and river for a while when they were raising chickens and turkeys, and then went to El Monte high, go lions,  and took some classes at Rio Hondo CC myself, had some buddies join the force at el monte police station,  but did not like what the cholos were doing to the entire town and moved out. small world, any that guy in those pictures used to have a shop in southgate years ago, i dont think he was ever in jail, his shop sold pachuco and cholo clothing in southgate. not sure but i think he had movie stars tatoos all over his body and torso.

Re: Mexican / Latino Gang Tattoo Guide and The La eme Tattoo Guide

Mexico-Watcher
senorjoe wrote
MW
yup , i also lived near the 605 and river for a while when they were raising chickens and turkeys, and then went to El Monte high, go lions,  and took some classes at Rio Hondo CC myself, had some buddies join the force at el monte police station,  but did not like what the cholos were doing to the entire town and moved out. small world, any that guy in those pictures used to have a shop in southgate years ago, i dont think he was ever in jail, his shop sold pachuco and cholo clothing in southgate. not sure but i think he had movie stars tatoos all over his body and torso.
Senor Joe:  You bring back good and bad memorias, ese.  Yeah, when I moved away from El Monte, the gang thing was already bad with drive-bys, drugs, and shit.  The large familia next door had a kid that got into a gang, we learned that a few years later he was killed....  So sad, the whole familia was hard working good and decent people.

Well it sure is nice to know we have some cosas in common!

Mexico-Watcher

Re: Mexican / Latino Gang Tattoo Guide and The La eme Tattoo Guide

senorjoe

MW, this is the new generation  of the vatos locos and locas in el monte, also did you know that James Elroy the author of L.A. Confidential, The Black Dahlia, Rampart, Street Kings, also grew up there?

Re: Mexican / Latino Gang Tattoo Guide and The La eme Tattoo Guide

wow...very interesting.  I have a friend who authors books on cults and is writing one on tats I will send him the MM info.