Quantcast

Mexican Drug War photo spread in The Atlantic

Mexican Drug War photo spread in The Atlantic

badanov

Re: Mexican Drug War photo spread in The Atlantic

_The Magician_
Mexico's Drug War: 50,000 Dead in 6 Years
Since Mexico's President Felipe Calderón began an all-out assault on drug cartels in 2006, more than 50,000 people have lost their lives across the country in a nearly-continuous string of shootouts, bombings, and ever-bloodier murders. Just last weekend, 49 decapitated bodies were reportedly discovered on a highway in northern Mexico. The New York Times reports on an increasing numbness and apathy among Mexicans after years of worsening carnage, about which they've been able to do virtually nothing. Gathered here is a collection of recent photographs from Mexico's drug war and the people so horribly affected by it.

Re: Mexican Drug War photo spread in The Atlantic

_The Magician_
good post Bad..... I posted  20 of the 44 pictures, you should really click on the link to see good quality pictures. Some pictures I had never seen before.

Man, this has to end what can we do to help? What are the alternatives to help Mexico over come this madness? It has gone way to long and it's only getting worst.

We are fortunate to live away from all this evil but I really feel bad for the people caught in the middle. There has to be a solution, but who has it?

Re: Mexican Drug War photo spread in The Atlantic

Pinchegringo
Bad, those are fantastic photos - very telling of the torment the Mexican people are feeling on a daily basis.  Thanks for posting.

Hate to sound shallow, but the non-violent protests are doing nothing but pissing off the cartels.  You have to fight fire with fire, not with your voice once it's gotten this bad.