Mexican Customs

drattler
 Recently there was an article about an attempted investigation of Mexican Customs practices ,this investigation got nowhere,and ended. I cross at Acuna and Piedras about 2 times a month,usually pulling a trailer with some  fence materials spare tire etc. Every time I cross and get a red liht,ALWAYS, I get jacked up by a 20 something girl who always makes up some BS ,such as its illegal to bring in a spare tire?  Then yuo need a permit to bring in 6 disc blades, Then the cost of a permit is negotiable,then no seeds(grass),then the license tag on a trailer is out by 2 mos, on the otherhand if you get a green light audios. Mexico could benefit tremendiousley with a simple streamlined import fee system ,with a collector, reciept giver to expedite crossings ,instead of the same old slip me 50$ wink wink ,its a unpredictable pain in the ass.

Re: Mexican Customs

kylesam
Thats the problem with everyone when Americans when they come to Mexico and Mexicans living in Mexico, instead of reporting the crime or not giving in to the bribe, people always give them money which leads to more corruption. Why? because at the time instead of filling out proper paperwork they decided its more convenient to give a mordida. Look next time call the local press, there are anonymous numbers where you can report these crimes but people never take the time or just make a big fuss, get in her face and you will see how she will back off and confront her.

Here is an example of what to do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7zevPed3Ss

Re: Mexican Customs

curioso
My wife and I gladly paid $50 to cross our brand new fridge and stove. It was alot cheaper than doing it the "right" way.

Then another time I got a hard time when redlighted and had about 58 kitchen cabinet/drawer handles from Lowes. I told the guy I have a huge kitchen, which is true. He looked at me funny and let me go.