Mexican Army corrupted and now largest Drug Cartel in Mexico?

Mexican Army corrupted and now largest Drug Cartel in Mexico?

The Mexican Army is known to be corrupt and now is believed by many to be the biggest Mexican Drug Cartel of all.
My interest peaked after the Human Rights commission and other HR groups were reporting massive amts of abuses.  I hate to say this but I have to give the devil his due...E1-Ardent called this long ago.

Link is to an article written by Michael Webster

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/220728

Re: Mexican Army corrupted and now largest Drug Cartel in Mexico?

kylesam
Well the article does not open but anyways to say the biggest cartel of all is BS. Are they corrupt for killing criminals, for making them disappear, for torturing these pieces of shit? Human Rights commission are the same one defending criminals, ask anyone in Mexico, Human rights are always defending criminals or the family of criminals. I'm not saying there is no corruption in the military but I take my hat off to them for having the toughest job in the world. Buela there is a difference between Human rights abuses and corruption. Do you believe General Villa is corrupt?  For doing his job and killing Zetas and cartel members or for violating human rights of these criminals? Do you see the difference. And I went to the article and you said this and I quote "This is one bad ass general. Saying aloud what many think and feel...yes I know this is a dangerous path to tread but somehow I'm not feeling it at this moment" -Buela

Re: Mexican Army corrupted and now largest Drug Cartel in Mexico?

thanks for letting me know...here is the link I used the link tool before

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/220728

Re: Mexican Army corrupted and now largest Drug Cartel in Mexico?

Anon
The Mexican Army has always been corrupt. The Generals run the country and they do not take kindly to any criticism AT ALL. They will pursue critics - you can bet your rent money on that.

They do what they have to do to get what they see as their share of the drug money. Sometimes some military make agreements with some narcos. Others rip off other narcos and sell to their rivals. Some kidnap misbehaving narcos, some kill misbehaving narcos.

The military really has the best of both worlds. When they find narcos and kill them - they are heroes doing their job. Or they can let them live for the right price. They can burn confiscated drugs and be heroes or they can sell the drugs back to the owner or sell them to another narco.

If anyone criticizes the Army or crosses them in some way, they retaliate in any one of several unpleasant ways. They don't give a shit about human rights complaints but they can put on a good show of caring and taking action or they can tell HR to blow it out their ass.

The Mexican Army can be a powerful ally or a formidable enemy. In any event, they are in control and they will take care of themselves. They will not and have not stood by to watch narcos get rich. They will have their piece of the pie. Any pie worth having. Drugs, guns, humans, etc.

Re: Mexican Army corrupted and now largest Drug Cartel in Mexico?

The widespread corruption was something I was in denial of for a long while.  But as a humanitarian and faced with undeniable facts I had to confront the truth.  I think for me there lies a larger issue of wanting so much for Mexicans to have heroes.  I know from first hand experience that in municipalities Mexicans have no one to turn to, no trusting figure or agency to call on when needing protection.  Every agency or office is corrupt,, ,media, DIF,  Office of the Presidente, police corruption permeates cities.  I was so hoping the men in uniform aboard trucks cruising through my city in convoy were the good guys.  poor mexico...one must remember also that Mexican soldiers are poorly paid, poorly trained and poorly equip.  You get what you invest in, what you pay for.

"Pity the country that needs heroes"

Re: Mexican Army corrupted and now largest Drug Cartel in Mexico?

El Regio
Sorry but Human rights groups are far left wacko liberals who defend the criminal 99.99% of the time.

Good for the army that they finally started killing these narcos! This should have been done since day 1.

Re: Mexican Army corrupted and now largest Drug Cartel in Mexico?

You are correct...most human rights groups are liberal-generated, but clearly there are many fine orgs that do not exaggerate the facts and create change.  The New Migrant Law is a perfect example.  Mexico had no real immigration law and nothing to protect the rights of those horribly abused or killed such as the Tamps 72.  The new law was the product of exposing abuses by Human Rights Watch and other groups who carefully document abuses.

Personally I do not care if narcos are killed by the army or anyone else, but this is not about the rights of narcos..it is about the run away level of abuse by the army on its citizens and migrants.  ...rape, robbery, murder..

I would hope everyone would care about such abuses