Metro-4 killed?

Tamaulipeco Mexikano
Mundo de Narco has a recent news or rumor about the death of Metro-4, On Twitter #ReynosaFollow a lot of people are talking about it.Supposedly the CDG killed him let's Not forget there is a internal war in CDG!
Estos son de Guerra, Aquellos nada mas son administrativos!

Re: Metro-4 killed?

El Regio
Yes it is true, he is dead.

Re: Metro-4 killed?

I thought this was old news so the other reports were not so?
region...when and where....etc ???

Re: Metro-4 killed?

Tamaulipeco Mexikano
Saludos Regio, Yes Abuela it's a recent news thanks for putting it in the front page,this is Extra Extra!!! In Tamaulipas region there are two rumors one that the CDG killed him.And the other that he died in a shoot out with mexican soldiers...
Estos son de Guerra, Aquellos nada mas son administrativos!

Re: Metro-4 killed?

It is persistent...I posted it on mainboard because I had so many readers writing to me that it is true.  But I saw it on two tamps vigilante citizen narco blogs that are reliable so I went ahead and posted it with a disclaimer.

the government should make a formal announcement by Friday if true

Havana heard the shootout was in front of a hospital

I heard both versions the same as you.  I don't know why CDG just doesn't split off, I know it is not that easy but surely they have done some sort of split within  operations.  no one has to go after them they are doing it to themselves.

Re: Metro-4 killed?

Apparent death of  David Salgado alias M4 (Metro) in the early hours of January 15

At 2: 20 am on 15 January there was a situation of risk by fracc. Valle Vergel summits and San Jose.
There commenced a confrontation between armed civilians vs. armed civilians (organized criminals)

At 3: 30 the person known as  M4 was taken to the operating room at the Hospital after entering  wounded ? He allegedly died during the intervention.

While in the street there were reports of convoys comprising of scores of vehicles belonging to the CDG patrolling the streets of Reynosa.

While in the streets spread 2 versions... . choose yours
1.-Zetas had entered  Reynosa and resulting in the clash.
2.-There had been internal conflict/split between CDG (the street says the nicknames are such as Tachas, Cortez Salinas, Wero (perhaps the gringo)
Apparently the second of the divided organization aboard would be of  Mario Pelon alias 20 X.
As soon as violence was heard a safety alert from civilians the decent people who care through networks which more or less said:
Safealert REYNOSA Based on incoming xxxxx, we expect high risk situations to INCREASE AWARENESS AND AVOID TRANSIT IF possible.

Re: Metro-4 killed?

Havana
InSight Crime Analysis M-4 story

 'Gulf Cartel Leader Assassinated in Northern Mexico'

    Written by Edward Fox
    Thursday, 17 January 2013

They referenced Chivis

A high ranking member of Mexico's Gulf Cartel has reportedly been assassinated near the group's northern stronghold of Reynosa, spelling either an incursion by the rival Zetas gang or pointing to internal fighting, either of which will only serve to weaken the once powerful cartel further.

David Salgado, alias "El Metro 4," was shot and killed on January 15 between the border cities of Matamoros and Reynosa, reported KNVO Noticias 48, who cite "extra-official" sources.

The death has yet to be confirmed by Mexico's authorities though intelligence sources in the country confirmed to InSight Crime that the Gulf Cartel leader was indeed killed and may have been betrayed by his own men.

Borderland Beat reports that there are two theories circulating as to who may have carried out the hit: one, it was the Gulf Cartel's former armed wing, the Zetas, who had entered Reynosa -- a Gulf Cartel stronghold -- sparking clashes between the two gangs; or, two, Metro 4's murder was the result of infighting within the Gulf Cartel.
InSight Crime Analysis

The once mighty Gulf Cartel has declined significantly in recent years, losing ground to rival organizations along with a number of key leaders. Most recently, the group's head, Jorge Eduardo Costilla Sanchez, alias "El Coss," was captured in Septmeber 2012, raising questions over who was next in line to run the organization.

El Metro 4 is believed to have been among the cartel's main leaders, and was a major figure in the Reynosa area. His death could serve to weaken the group further.

If the Zetas were indeed behind the attack, it would not be the first time they have moved to take Reynosa from their progenitors. In November, for example, gun battles between rival gangs left 9 dead, in what may have been an attempted incursion by the Zetas into Gulf territory. This incursion may, in part, be related to the Gulf's incursion into Monterrey in recent months, which has left the Zetas reeling in that area.
If, on the other hand, it was Metro 4's own men serving him up to assassins, the question is to whom. Have members of the Gulf Cartel moved over to the Zetas? Or, is this an internal power play? The latter explanation would not be surprising as the Gulf Cartel has a history of internal warring, particularly as its national influence has declined.

http://www.insightcrime.org/news-briefs/gulf-cartel-leader-assassinated-mexico

Re: Metro-4 killed?

ToPHeR
Saw this on the main board:

    January 16, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Anonymous said...

    The word here in reynosa is that he was working with the zetas he had security houses were zetas would stay when they arrived in reynosa cdg found out and took him out I have family that works for cdg here in reynosa that's the word for now well see if I was right

Re: Metro-4 killed?

1966tinman
I had a reliable source on Tuesday report that there were rumors that it was Mario Pelon who had been killed by the Marines in Matamoros  .  But that same source told me that Mario Pelon is lying low away from the U.S. border area . Matamoros is the stronghold of Homero Cardenas and some of his followers may have been involved in this incident with M4.

Re: Metro-4 killed?

referenced my article?  it WAS my article with their analysis :) but they say they have confirmation so is this back to the future with PRI?  No reporting?

at least they gave me credit.

Re: Metro-4 killed?

Bjeff
But Insight Crime got referenced on Wikipedia about the incident (At the bottom):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infighting_in_the_Gulf_Cartel

Bastards!

Re: Metro-4 killed?

they are good people and really have been mostly fair.  They have republished a couple of my posts in full with my permission and three of their reporters use quite a bit f my stuff when composing articles.  Once I wrote to a reporter and ask that he give credit as his was almost identical to my original post in half the article.  he apologized and did as I asked.

what I found interesting is their sources confirmed thee death, and that gives a lot of credibility to the rumor.

Re: Metro-4 killed?

Tamaulipas

Re: Metro-4 killed?

Tamaulipas

Re: Metro-4 killed?

adam

Re: Metro-4 killed?

Bjeff
I was just kidding, Chivis, but you understood that I think.

I think our mission here is not to defend copyright laws, but to get as much info out to the outside English speaking world as possible. It is sort of a dilemma cause I normally honor copyright laws, but sometimes breaking the law serves a higher purpose. Besides, in the age of internet these laws is in need of an upgrade anyways. The way the mechanics works with news sites is that it is smart to get stories quoted elsewhere (with links), and especially if that other site has higher google page rank, which again would lead to higher ranking on google search for the original broadcaster.

Insight Crime is a very solid and serious site which I would highly recommend. They are actually doing journalistic work, not just search&find&translate stories like me.

Re: Metro-4 killed?

Baggy
lol... disciplined? uhhh.. ohhh nevermind.. i get what you mean but he's dead.. he can't learn from it but others can.. he was a message..  someone said he went with zetas? interesting.. things must be gettin worse inside CDG  bump