Mencho's daughter wins bail

Jessica Johana Oseguera Gonz├ílez, the daughter of Nemesio Oseguera Cervantes El Mencho, won  bail hearing yesterday in DC.  The federal judge granted her bail request.

She was immediately taken into custody by US Marshalls as the Justice Department appealed the ruling.  Another hearing will commence on Friday for a final ruling

Re: Mencho's daughter wins bail

Cuidado
They wont let her out anytime soon.  They will all get caught up under RICO act if I had to guess.

Re: Mencho's daughter wins bail

Magnetsifeelem
Fuck...us judges are like fuck that I kno how these motherfuckers get tsown....ur free to go yo

Re: Mencho's daughter wins bail

It is hard to believe she would be set free...but according to case law presented with another defendant on the same king pin chart that defendant was given bail.

I jujst wrote a post with info gleaned from just filed docs about her personal life and the arrest

Re: Mencho's daughter wins bail

They are going to present that she is the daughter of one of the most wanted men in the world, at the next bail hearing, I doubt the judge clears it.  This happens sometimes, where a defendant is granted bail initially, and than the decision is reversed.

She could be freed, but given all the incentives to flee, I doubt she will be.

Re: Mencho's daughter wins bail

true...but they already gave bail to another woman on the cjng treasury chart
the atty placed a good argument

that said......

Re: Mencho's daughter wins bail

cozmic cowboi
I think any case involving family of cartel members is interesting. The moral philosophy of it....the aspect of the "brainwashing." If someone can plead insanity in the court of law for committing a crime due to a mental illness and get a lighter sentence or no jail time at all, then I don't see why the same wouldn't apply for someone raised by a cartel boss...or anyone in a cartel for that matter. Sons and daughters of these people never stand a chance, I cannot think of a scenario "where she had a choice." Even though I still think they deserve consequences for being complicit.

What is she charged with?
"tibi ipsi dic vere"

Re: Mencho's daughter wins bail

I just can't see it happening, but the thin nature of the indictment, it's a solid, solid case, but what are the penalties even?  Who has been sentenced for OFAC violations?  Usually it's all financial sanctions, and a federal indictment for trafficking.

Prosecutors are trying to probably move to add her to an existing superceding indictment

Re: Mencho's daughter wins bail

agree...EXCEPT the original indictments are always much less on "new" indictments.  Such as Mochomos. they use boiler plate indictments and add the kitchen sink later