Mayo ordered the Chapitos kidnapping?

Mica
I don't want this in the Chapo coverage, but this is really interesting.
According to journalist José Reveles from LaPrimeradeMVS,

"It is real that, when Chapo was detained for the third time, 'El Mayo' ordered the capture of his children, which he entrusted to the Jalisco New Generation Cartel"

This sounds crazy, until you think about for a few minutes and then it's plaussible!

What do you all think?

Re: Mayo ordered the Chapitos kidnapping?

I don't believe that at all....

The theory that I think makes the most sense, is El Cadete, possibly Rafa Quintero, Damaso Lopez, Tito Beltran, and obviously the actually lifting was carried by CJNG people, no other way to do that in PV, La Leche is right in the main tourist section.

Some combination of the above.

Re: Mayo ordered the Chapitos kidnapping?

ToPHeR
Exactly right. Mayo has nothing to gain by doing this. If he did, then why would he negotiate their freedom and go through the troubling of paying off officials to move Mencho's son to a prison they control?

Re: Mayo ordered the Chapitos kidnapping?

Mica
Following the trial, I can see why Mayo would do this.  I mean if he is the puppet master and everyone is backing each other in the back.

Possible reasons why he would:
- Olive branch to CJNG
- Occured after Lic ambush, to teach a lesson
- There was an org change, Chapitos starting under Mayo as reported

I am not saying it happened, but surprised nobody else has said this.  Then again nobody thought Mayo was the Supreme leader until a month ago.

Re: Mayo ordered the Chapitos kidnapping?

Kozmoz
If he did, it would’ve been so Chapo didn’t give up Mayos location.

Re: Mayo ordered the Chapitos kidnapping?

Mayo isn't the supreme leader, he's just older, and was something of a mentor and benefactor.

Re: Mayo ordered the Chapitos kidnapping?

Mica
So are you saying the strategy of the defense is bullshit?

J wrote

I think it is a strategy.

Re: Mayo ordered the Chapitos kidnapping?

Mica
I don't buy it either, but for those who do it is not too far of a leap to think Mayo did this.
J wrote
I think it is a strategy.

Re: Mayo ordered the Chapitos kidnapping?

Cuidado
"Then again nobody thought Mayo was the Supreme leader until a month ago"

Thats not true at all Mica.  Many many people have said Mayo was the supreme leader of cds but its never been proven just like its never been proven Chapo was the supreme leader.  That is most likely because like we have all suspected they co-lead like the DEA and Mex gov says.

Re: Mayo ordered the Chapitos kidnapping?

ESLiero
I've always believed Mayo Zambada was #1 based on the sole fact that he has never been arrested and had contact with all the movers and shakers who started moving cacaine by the tons. His oldest son was only arrested because he got in over his head trying manipulate the Zambada sympathizers in the political and law enforcement fields.