Massacre in CD Juarez

buggs
Administrator
Anyone know the story behind this?

Borderland Beat

Re: Massacre in CD Juarez

uncle grumpy
wow, that is crazy.  what happened?

Re: Massacre in CD Juarez

pilot
thats an old I think it was in 2010, after the massacre of villas de salvarcar, sicarios were looking another sicario "el raton" and killed 9 persons and he was wounded, but im not sure if that was

Re: Massacre in CD Juarez

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2010/02/walls-and-floors-covered-in-blood.html

February 2010, it was against the AA's, some junior bangers, that 'may' have been attending the party…..It was El Diego that ordered La Linea, probably was BA shooters, no older then the victims.

Re: Massacre in CD Juarez

Mexico-Watcher
Buggs: Thanks for posting the video.  It goes into my files on Violence in Mexico.

Please, we need to be sure of the video's background facts (date, place, cirumstances, etc.).  To me, the massacre scene looks like mostly young gurls.  And the rooms were pretty barren of furniture.  Maybe the place was a barrio "cat house"? and not a "party" scene.

This video is one of the most graphic of people injured and dying really tears me up.  May God rest their souls.

Mexico-Watcher

Re: Massacre in CD Juarez

Bajadrone-2

Re: Massacre in CD Juarez

are you sure this is the one in villas salvarcar?
boy my memory is failing me. I remember it pink or peach color and  smaller with mostly boys killed, but it has been a few years.  I don't recall a pool either, or whatever that is.

Re: Massacre in CD Juarez

buggs
Administrator
I really don't think this is the old massacre at Villas Salvarcar, but not sure how recent. This allegedly happened sometime this year, it was video'ed by a municipal police officer using his cell phone, it was alleged to be a "safe house" with girls serving to be prostitutes for an unspecified cartel, and "La Linea" was involved in some form or another. Of course all this has not been confirmed and I yet to find anything on it on media sources.
Borderland Beat

Re: Massacre in CD Juarez

TexcocoDeMora
The video is from 2010.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

The second massacre of the day by organized crime. Armed assassins bursts onto a house in Cd Juarez and leave four dead, one male, and three women plus 5 injured, all dressed in bathing suits.

The massacre occurred after midday in the Manzanilo and Angeles streets of colonia Industrial, with a tragic end.

All three women were shot with an AK 47 along with a man who lay dead in the middle of the court.

Five more women were injured and were hospitalized in critical condition.

Neighbors said the tenants were young people who had rented the house two weeks ago, but on the last 3 days it seemed that they were using the place as a brothel.

As additional information, the dead were all in swimsuit and had no more than 25 years of age.

Three of the survivors were arrested.

http://laopcion.com.mx/n/id_74385.html

I found the video

http://amigodespm.mexicoforo.mx/t564-video-de-la-masacre-a-mujeres-en-una-fiesta-en-cd-juarez#1357
http://narcconoticias.blogspot.com/

Re: Massacre in CD Juarez

thank God my memory is still in good working order.
and Texcoco knows I don't easily forget....

Re: Massacre in CD Juarez

Mexico-Watcher
Texcoco: Mil gracias for the info!

P.S. With respect to forensic science CSI (crime scene investigation) I thought the video was interesting.  To me, the victims appear to have been totally unsuspecting that they were going to be murdered.

I say this because they seemed to be in various states of causal relaxation around the pool and in the house. No real signs of panic. The shooter(s) must have been known to them and/or allowed on the premises with no suspicion of danger.

Also, in many Mexico massacre scenes I've seen on the web, the victims tend to be rounded up and killed as a group.

In this case, the dead and dying are scattered all over the place indicating several killers ready to do the killing at some signal sign (like the first shot).  I speculate that the killers even had  their weapons  openly showing at the scene well before they used them ... thus making the girls and guy unsuspecting that they were soon going to be killed.

 Another interesting fact to me is that there was no "re-matar" or coup de grace ... Why did the killers NOT make sure that they "totally" killed their victims?  Another set of questions in my mind concerns motive(s)...Why did this massacre occur type questions curse through my mind.

BLB posters, what do you know or think about this old case?

Mexico-Watcher

Re: Massacre in CD Juarez

TexcocoDeMora
Yeah I do know that Buela
http://narcconoticias.blogspot.com/

Re: Massacre in CD Juarez

1966tinman
If you have ever lived in Ciudad Juarez or any Mexican city in the last 10 years you know that all neighborhoods are monitored by local criminals . You can drive into a neighborhood and within a few minutes some lookout will have relayed info concerning your vehicle , number of passengers , ect . to his superiors . These informants are paid to keep an eye out for any activities , suspicious or not , that  may constitute a threat to criminal activities within that neighborhood zone .  Failure to act on a perceived threat is not tolerated within a criminal organization and those who fail to act are themselves " eliminated " by their fellow criminals .  This birthday party was probably an innocent event that some lookout called in as some type of rival narco fiesta .

Re: Massacre in CD Juarez

buggs
Thanks for the info TexcocoDeMora
Borderland Beat

Re: Massacre in CD Juarez

Mexico-Watcher
1966tinman wrote
If you have ever lived in Ciudad Juarez or any Mexican city in the last 10 years you know that all neighborhoods are monitored by local criminals . You can drive into a neighborhood and within a few minutes some lookout will have relayed info concerning your vehicle , number of passengers , ect . to his superiors . These informants are paid to keep an eye out for any activities , suspicious or not , that  may constitute a threat to criminal activities within that neighborhood zone .  Failure to act on a perceived threat is not tolerated within a criminal organization and those who fail to act are themselves " eliminated " by their fellow criminals .  This birthday party was probably an innocent event that some lookout called in as some type of rival narco fiesta .
Tinman: Possible Motives for Massacre

First, thanks for your contribution to the discussion.

 Hypothesis 1. I hear you suggesting that a "criminal organization" sent killers to the massacre scene in order to "eliminate" (kill) people who "failed" in their assigned task(s) to be good "informants" in their assigned neighborhood.

Hypothesis 2. You also suggest that the massacre might have occurred  during an innocent birthday party  because a "lookout" (halcon) called it in to his superiors that the location was "a "rival narco fiesta."

Your hypotheses are certainly plausible.

 I have spinoff questions that I'd like your thinking on:

A. Do you think the victims were lulled into feeling safe from harm before they were fired upon?

B.  Could there be other plausible motives for the massacre?

Any further ideas or comments by you or anyone reading this thread will be appreciated.

Mexico-Watcher

P.S.  I was struck by the fact that the video was obviously done just minutes after the shooting and that the cops were so cool and collected in the midst of the dead and dying young girls.

Re: Massacre in CD Juarez

1966tinman
This post was updated on .
@ Mexico-Watcher
Any kind of hypothesis on my part would only be a guess . When I was living off and on in Ciudad Juarez between 2008 and 2010 there was both targeted and indiscriminate violence on a daily basis .  I remember traversing the city during the day and at night and running into several  military checkpoints that were suppose to give the citizens a sense of security amidst the narcoviolence taking place . Yet somehow heavily armed groups of  sicarios were operating and committing massacres like the one in the above video . I wouldn't be out of line to suggest that some victims of the violence have had their fates decided  on the whim of some  narco shot caller .  Maybe the decision to kill these young men and women  has no logic or reasoning that we  can try to comprehend or understand . Solo Dios sabe .

Re: Massacre in CD Juarez

Mexico-Watcher
This post was updated on .
1966tinman wrote
@ Mexico-Watcher
Any kind of hypothesis on my part would only be a guess . When I was living off and on in Ciudad Juarez between 2008 and 2010 there was both targeted and indiscriminate violence on a daily basis .  I remember traversing the city during the day and at night and running into several  military checkpoints that were suppose to give the citizens a sense of security amidst the narcoviolence taking place . Yet somehow armed groups of heavily sicarios were operating and committing massacres like the one in the above video . I wouldn't be out of line to suggest that some victims of the violence have had their fates decided  on the whim of some  narco shot caller .  Maybe the decision to kill these young men and women  has no logic or reasoning that we  can try to comprehend or understand . Solo Dios sabe .
Tinman: Gracias for your up-close observations of the violence in Ciudad Juarez circa 2008-2010.  This is really is helpful ....

Like you say about the massacre, maybe there is "no logic or reasoning that we can comprehend or understand" about what happened.

Still, I believe that it is worth trying to understand the logic of violent acts that seem "senseless" on the surface.  For example, Philip Zimbardo (The Lucifer Principle: Understanding how good people turn evil. Random House, 2008) and others have delved into the dark areas of evil and violence and made useful (empirically based) discoveries.

So yes, maybe "Solo Dios sabe" about what happened at that "fiesta" but I think Dios would want us to try to understand what seems "senseless" to those who live outside the world of the killers and victims.  I am willing to bet that someone "knows" the why of the bloody event.

Maybe God will speak to the killers to confess their evil deeds to someone who can then share them with us.  Maybe there is someone reading these words who can come in and enlighten us a bit more about acts of violence that seem senseless to "outsiders".

Anyone want to jump in to add two or more centavos?

Tinman: Thanks again!

Mexico-Watcher

Re: Massacre in CD Juarez

raystrey
The military checkpoints were not so bad. It was the Federales which were a pain in the ass. It was sad to see how Federales were clearly turning the other way. News would always state shootouts,massacres etc were done by men in Luxury SUV's , trucks.. but when you ran into Federale checkpoints that type of vehicle would roll right by. People in Sentras, Breeze etc small compact cars were pulled dover /searched etc.

The salvacar murder is about a 5 inute drive from my house and it was scary times. People stopped going to bars because a lot of massacres were at bars/nighclubs. So a lot of people were partying at home. When salvacar went down city pretty much stopped. Streets were empty, people would avoid getting together etc. No birthday parties, etc. No one felt safe because Halcones were young punks who could not make difference between regular parties and rivals partying etc.