Marro’s girlfriend released after threats of car bombings

Marro’s girlfriend released after threats of car bombings

Delta80
https://www.breitbart.com/border/2020/02/07/mexican-judge-frees-cartel-lords-mistress-after-he-threatened-civilians-with-car-bombs/

A Mexican federal judge ruled the recent arrest of a feared cartel lord’s mistress was illegal days after the Cartel Santa Rosa De Lima said car bombs would be used against civilians.

This week, an unnamed federal judge dismissed the case against Karina Mora Villalobos and three of her associates, claiming authorities did not have proper warrants. The judge also found that prosecutors could not link their suspects to the weapons and explosives seized during their arrests, La Silla Rota reported.

Karina Mora is the mistress of Jose Antonio “El Marro” Yepez Ortiz, the feared leader of the Santa Rosa de Lima Cartel, which is fighting a turf war in the state of Guanajuato. In July, Breitbart Texas published an exclusive photograph of El Marro and Karina, despite the fact that El Marro is married to another woman.

In late January, Mexican authorities arrested Karina Mora and three associates during a raid. Weapons and explosives were also seized at the time. Soon after, El Marro sent threats to officials claiming he would use car bombs on civilians. Breitbart Texas was able to confirm with Mexican law enforcement that the threats were deemed credible and triggered elevated security protocols in response.

Re: Marro’s girlfriend released after threats of car bombings

El Guero
I'm thinking about extorting the Mexican Gov't.  I'm gonna write a poem for AMLO and deman $1,000,000 USD in bitcoins in return for not blowing things up.  He seems to cave pretty easy.  Anyone just throws a tantrum and he gives them what they want without question.  SMH.
Things must get worse before they can get better

Re: Marro’s girlfriend released after threats of car bombings

Parro

Federal Security Secretary Alfonso Durazo has described the release from custody of the wife of the suspected leader of the Guanajuato-based Santa Rosa de Lima Cartel as “regrettable.”

Karina Mora, wife of José Antonio “El Marro” Yépez Ortiz, and three other suspected members of the Santa Rosa fuel theft and extortion cartel were arrested on January 29 in Celaya, Guanajuato.

Security forces seized four firearms, including an AK-47 and .270-caliber rifle, over 800 rounds of ammunition, loaded magazines, explosives, bulletproof vests, drugs, vehicles and over 69,000 pesos (US $3,700) in cash from the safe house in which the four suspects were detained.

Despite the evidence against them, a federal judge absolved all four suspected criminals on Thursday and ordered their release because Guanajuato state police had not obtained a warrant to search the house.

Durazo told reporters Friday that the government regretted the decision to release the wife of “one of the most important criminal leaders” in Guanajuato.

“The judge alleges errors in due process; we respect the decision of the judge but it doesn’t stop being regrettable [because] after . . . an important investigation we find that the people are returning to the street without having paid” for the crimes of which they were accused, he said.

The security secretary also said that there is a special federal operation underway in Guanajuato, Mexico’s most violent state last year, explaining that the presence of security forces has been bolstered.

The Santa Rosa de Lima Cartel is engaged in a bloody turf war in Guanajuato with the Jalisco New Generation Cartel (CJNG), considered Mexico’s most powerful criminal organization.

The leader of the former remains at large a year after the federal government launched a specific operation to capture him, although there is growing speculation that authorities, or the CJNG, will catch up with him soon.

Yépez was arrested in 2008 on organized crime charges but, like his wife, was released due to a violation of due process.

Irregularities in the arrest of suspected criminals are cited by judges as justification for their release with alarming frequency in Mexico. The release of so many suspects before they face trial is a factor in the high levels of impunity that continue to plague the country.

Source: Reforma (sp)

Source:  https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/guanajuato-cartel-bosss-wife-freed/

Re: Marro’s girlfriend released after threats of car bombings

delta  we don't use anything of breitbart in the future do not post.

Re: Marro’s girlfriend released after threats of car bombings

Frank
I was thinking similarly.  It seems the Government continues to cave since Ovid’s catch and release, and even more crims are sure to attempt this ‘get out of jail free card’ of threatening to terrorize citizens in exchange for release or immunity from their crimes.

Re: Marro’s girlfriend released after threats of car bombings

oner
I can't see any proof threats were made.

The police entered a house without a warrant and the were released. That would happen in many,many countries.

Just looks like now any poor journalist will add on "they threatend the public" or whatever now.

Didn't a top zeta get arrested the other day? I'm sure the Zeta's would threaten innocents no problems. Yet no release!