Marines Search for Rafael Caro Quintero; They'll get him down from the Sierra dead or alive

Marines Search for Rafael Caro Quintero; They'll get him down from the Sierra dead or alive

Marines Search for Rafael Caro Quintero; They'll get him down from the Sierra dead or alive
20 March, 2018 by Miguel Ángel Vega

Dozens of elite elements of the Mexican Navy occupied a large part of the lower Sierra of Badiraguato last week, after receiving information that Rafael Caro Quintero was hidden in the area.

"We know he's still here, and that's why we continue in the area, because the order is to catch him dead or alive, and we're going to take him back. How are we going to take him? Let him decide, "said one of the agents of the Navy patrolling the area, and whom Ríodoce interviewed.

According to testimonies of residents of the communities of La Noria, Las Juntas, Babunica and Bamopa, the marines arrived there Wednesday March 7 in four Blackhawk helicopters, from where, without even landing, they rappeled down from the Aircraft to violently enter some homes in search of the drug trafficker.

"We were herding cattle when out of the blue we had two assholes on top of us, and in seconds we were surrounded (by Marines), and with guns to our heads we were asked where Don Rafa was", narrated a resident of La Noria, who preferred not to disclose his identity for fear of some retaliation.

The vaquero added that, simultaneous to that threat, several uniformed [marines] went to the ranch of Doña Hermelinda Quintero, and broke through doors and padlocks, entered the house in search of the Sinaloan, while at the same time other marines violently took him and his partner, and with their faces covered  they said: "Look you sons of bitches, right now you will tell us where your boss is, because the order is to take him dead or alive."

Such accusations were confirmed by residents of Babunica, including commissioner of the Ejido, Erika Serrano, who said she had received complaints from the inhabitants, both men and women, who accused soldiers of abuse, including robbery, physical and psychological abuse, and in some cases, death threats.

"We understand that they (the Marines) are doing their job, but they don't have to treat people badly, and sow terror among us, because in the first place people have no obligation to tell them where this gentleman is, even though they know where he is," said the Bobunica official.

"It is that there have been many abuses reported; men who were tortured, they have taken away motorcycles, vehicles and what they can, because they require them to tell where is this Mr. Rafael Caro, but they have no proof to accuse them, now if they say he is here, to look for him, and to take him away " she emphasized.

In Culiacan, activist groups such as the Sinaloan Civic Front (FCS) and the Human Rights Defense Commission (CDDHS) confirmed that in the last 10 days, they received dozens of complaints from residents of the Sierra de Badiraguato, who accused the marines of violating their rights as citizens.

"It is troubling what is happening in the Sierra de Badiraguato, because it is not the first time that this type of abuse by the army or the navy occurred where we know it, abusing their power, they beat and rob people, sowing fear among the population , and we are already putting together a file with the abuses, to send it to the National Human Rights Commission to take a look into the matter, and for something to be done, "said Miguel Ángel Murillo, in charge of the legal area of the FCS.

The secretariat of the Navy denied that its staff is operating in ways that violate human rights, further clarifying that they are not looking for the drug trafficker.

"So far there is no information to confirm that we are following members of organized crime in that area," explains a statement from that unit sent to this weekly [newspaper].

However, the search for Rafael Caro Quintero is real, and according to marines interviewed in the different communities, the place is still under siege because the order is not to move from the Sierra until they find Caro Quintero and take him away.

"Still here. It is what I can tell you, and we have closed off all access and strategic points, and it is difficult for someone to leave here without us noticing," said one of the marines, interviewed near the town of Las Juntas.

Rapid and Silent

The operation started on Wednesday  March 7th, around 5:00 pm, and although in the Sierra of Sinaloa there is an intense silence in the mountains, no one managed to hear the six helicopters that, simultaneously, came to Babunica, La Noria and Las Juntas, two in each community.

"What we believe is that the assholes were high above, so we did not hear them or see them, and when they were ready they let themselves come down with everything, and did not land as I said, but they threw ropes and from above they came down," said the vaquero from La Noria.

According to other testimonies gathered in these towns, it would have been two helicopters that landed in La Noria, two others in Babunica, and two others in Las Juntas, and from there no one was left out: The sailors besieged each ranch and from that moment began the search and interrogations.

"They already had us surrounded, when two sailors grabbed me, they tied my hands, and they asked me where Don Rafa was, and I was going to know where that gentleman was, and they started to hit my buttocks and legs with a table until they left them purple." Said the vaquero, as he showed the wounds.

At the same time, residents of the Las Juntas and Babunica were also subjected [to abuse], even, it is said that motorcycles and pickups were seized only because they carried radios to communicate with each other.

"We carry radios not because we are people of a cartel, but to communicate between us because here there is no phone signal or anything, and is the only way to communicate," said a tanker driver who moved water from Bamopa to different ranches in that area , including Babunica.

"Listen, it was ugly, very ugly!" he exclaimed.

But not only men were abused, but also women; One of them, the manager in charge of the Diconsa store that is located in the town of Guanajuato, at the edge of the road, whose grocery three marines came in to ask for information on the whereabouts of Rafael Caro Quintero.

"I told them I didn't know anything about it, and they yelled at me not to be stupid, because they knew I supplied their food, and if I didn't cooperate with them I would be raped," said the woman.

Leonel Aguirre Meza, president of the CDDHS explained that, even if a person knows where a defendant is, he cannot be accused of concealment by the simple principle that the law protects the citizen, and he cannot be obliged to inform or give information to any kind of authority.

"He may be a friend, even a family member of a wanted person, and that does not mean that they should inform the authority of the whereabouts of an individual, whether the authority is military or civil or whoever, the law protects this person," said Aguirre Meza.

Until the closing of this edition, the presence of the Marines was maintained in the area, and although officially no clashes had been recorded, the people did not seem very happy with the presence of the soldiers, who accordingly insist that Caro Quintero continued hidden in the area. "

Let's get him: DEA

For the DEA, this type of operation is proof that it is only a matter of time before Caro is arrested, and therefore they work in coordination with the Mexican government in intelligence work to find his whereabouts, and bring him to justice in the United States.

He says he already paid his sentence — I'm told by telephone by Melvin Patterson, spokesman for the Federal Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), during a telephone interview, to which the American official exclaims:

"It is what he wants, it is his way of looking at things, but we have another perspective, and it is very different from how he sees it, and we will bring him to the United States to pay for the crimes that his is accused of.

According to file 2:87-cr-00422, based in a federal court in the Central district of California, Caro Quintero is charged with homicide, organized crime, money laundering, kidnapping and first-degree homicide of federal agent Enrique Camarena, even though he was tried in Mexico for those same crimes.

After his release, in August 2013, a Mexican federal judge ordered his rearrest after the U.S. government requested his arrest for immediate extradition, but since then, the former leader of the Jalisco cartel has gone on the run without the government stopping him. But this time they're going to get him, they say: "Dead or Alive.

https://riodoce.mx/noticias/buscan-marinos-a-rafael-caro-quintero-lo-bajaran-de-la-sierra-vivo-o-muerto

Re: Marines Search for Rafael Caro Quintero; They'll get him down from the Sierra dead or alive

Good article Kid!Iguess it's giving us the head's up on what to expect in the coming months or days.Before EPN or after EPN?

Re: Marines Search for Rafael Caro Quintero; They'll get him down from the Sierra dead or alive

This election is bizarre. I guess the the Russians are backing AMLO.

Re: Marines Search for Rafael Caro Quintero; They'll get him down from the Sierra dead or alive

New interveiw of caro

https://t.co/d4zQERuwle

Re: Marines Search for Rafael Caro Quintero; They'll get him down from the Sierra dead or alive

These military up there are protecting zambada and caro !not looking for them .those storys are old they been there since protecting them .dea goes up there they will be alerted .caro would not be as calm if he was anywhere else they have sinaloa corrupted to the top.

Re: Marines Search for Rafael Caro Quintero; They'll get him down from the Sierra dead or alive

Wow, I wonder why this is only on Italian media.

Re: Marines Search for Rafael Caro Quintero; They'll get him down from the Sierra dead or alive

mmd604
That man loves his hair dye

Re: Marines Search for Rafael Caro Quintero; They'll get him down from the Sierra dead or alive

Serafin was sentenced today, he got 66 months.  Chino is next.

Re: Marines Search for Rafael Caro Quintero; They'll get him down from the Sierra dead or alive

Cuidado
The Russians?  You have been watching too much CNN

Re: Marines Search for Rafael Caro Quintero; They'll get him down from the Sierra dead or alive

Chava

Re: Marines Search for Rafael Caro Quintero; They'll get him down from the Sierra dead or alive

Siskiyou_Kid
Yeah, White House National Security adviser H.R. McMaster has said they have evidence that the Russians are backing AMLO and other reports say Trump actually would like him to win. https://www.reforma.com/aplicacioneslibre/articulo/default.aspx?id=1293464&md5=aff6ef2e908491ea48453beb270653f8&ta=0dfdbac11765226904c16cb9ad1b2efe&lcmd5=5ee81c788bb2c290baa84217e8d04fc5

Re: Marines Search for Rafael Caro Quintero; They'll get him down from the Sierra dead or alive

elgordo
another piece to the caro Quintero interview was released
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OhvAUBzemtk&feature=share

Re: Marines Search for Rafael Caro Quintero; They'll get him down from the Sierra dead or alive

I guess we'll see a revival of the Palenque cartel if AMLO wins

Re: Marines Search for Rafael Caro Quintero; They'll get him down from the Sierra dead or alive

I think now that he has a US bounty on his head this story needs to be on main page.

Re: Marines Search for Rafael Caro Quintero; They'll get him down from the Sierra dead or alive

Siskiyou_Kid
It is an interesting story that indicates the US is applying pressure on Mexico to show results.

Re: Marines Search for Rafael Caro Quintero; They'll get him down from the Sierra dead or alive

you always pick the most interesting stories.

Re: Marines Search for Rafael Caro Quintero; They'll get him down from the Sierra dead or alive

Siskiyou_Kid
Aww, you know that is an amazing compliment coming from you. I can only thank you again for all the amazing work you do, here and in your compassion for those who need it most.