Marina hits the cartel of El Mayo Zambada - 99 tons of marijuana secured

Marina hits the cartel of El Mayo Zambada - 99 tons of marijuana secured

BBfollower
This post was updated on .
Operations will continue with the objective of weakening the production and distribution of drugs by criminal groups

The Navy eradicated eight marijuana fields /Courtesy Semar

Through joint work of different areas of the Secretary of the Navy, so far this year it has been possible to secure and eradicate 99 thousand kilos (99 tons) of marijuana in Sinaloa, area of ​​operation of the Pacific Cartel, commanded by Ismael "El Mayo" Zambada.

The Secretary of the Navy informed that personnel assigned to the Fourth Naval Zone, based in Mazatlan, have carried out operations derived from field and cabinet work, through which they have been aware of the existence of marijuana and poppy plantations in the vicinity of Culiacán .

He details that since last month this Naval Command deployed Marine Corps personnel in land and air units, achieving to date, the location and eradication of a total of eight fields on an area of ​​approximately 28 thousand 700 square meters.

Of the eight plantations located and eradicated, seven correspond to marijuana and one to poppy, adding approximately more than 366 thousand plants and a weight of more than 99 thousand kilograms.

The Navy explained that the operations have been carried out since January 19 and will continue with the objective of weakening the production and distribution of drugs by criminal groups.

These seizures affect the financial and operational structure of the criminal groups that operate in this region of the country, which allegedly distribute large quantities of drugs to various parts of the world.

According to intelligence reports from the federal government, Ismael Zambada García, aka “El Mayo” is a drug trafficker who, together with Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán and Juan José Esparragoza Moreno, “El Azul”, led the Sinaloa Cartel.

After the capture of Guzman and the alleged death of Esparragoza, "El Mayo" remained the top leader of the criminal organization.

https://www.elsoldemexico.com.mx/mexico/sociedad/marina-da-golpe-al-cartel-del-mayo-zambada-4874840.html

Re: Marina hits the cartel of El Mayo Zambada - 99 tons of marijuana secured

Mica
That is a lot of marijuana considering many stated that legalizing weed in California alone would put the cartels out of business.

Re: Marina hits the cartel of El Mayo Zambada - 99 tons of marijuana secured

BBfollower
That's probably for Mexican consumers? Probably a small part for US...

Re: Marina hits the cartel of El Mayo Zambada - 99 tons of marijuana secured

For the US, those shipments that go through Cabo/Ensenada/Rosarito to pangas and into San Diego/So Cal coastal areas, or big shipments through commercial vehicles in Otay

Re: Marina hits the cartel of El Mayo Zambada - 99 tons of marijuana secured

BBfollower
J, are the Americans still buying the weed coming from Mexico? I understand that the one produced in US is better...I just checked online and I found that 1 gram of marijuana in Chicago is between 10 and 20 dollars depending of quality and the place from where you buy it. Let's say that the Sinaloa weed is not that good, those 99 tons would have cost on the street ~$100 millions...Pretty big blow if you ask me.

Re: Marina hits the cartel of El Mayo Zambada - 99 tons of marijuana secured

elranarene
99tons, with roots and leaves
times of RCQ´s El Bufalo are gone

6plants/m² and 27.800m² are about 166.800 plants,
100g* per plant * 166800= 16.680.000g
16,680.000g /1000= 16,8tons

*probably much less than 100g/plant and 6plants/m², there is a mutual dependency, less plants=higher yield and quality per plant.

you can increase the yield by
incerasing plants/m² -> this will reduces sun light per plant (quality)     or
let them allow to grow longer and get bigger/higher -> for the cost of less plants/m²    or
cut leaves but and keep mostly buds ->very labor-intensive

maybe i am totaly wrong, just my 2 centavios
Tequila aficionado

Re: Marina hits the cartel of El Mayo Zambada - 99 tons of marijuana secured

It's a big hit, those probably go for 300-400 a pound wholesale in the US, in Southern California, and maybe add 30% or more for Midwest and East Coast.

You don't send 99 tons, you sent 1-10 at a time, and people buy like half ton to a ton or so at a time.

If they are pillows aka cachetas, they used to go for $450 or 500 a pound.

Re: Marina hits the cartel of El Mayo Zambada - 99 tons of marijuana secured

Guero1990
Seems to me that they are weighing the whole plant so that’s not true weight.  When the flowers dry they lose 60% of there weight.

Re: Marina hits the cartel of El Mayo Zambada - 99 tons of marijuana secured

Delta80
Low income users see a 2 grams vs 1 gram as the better deal. Same as any other product, name brand quality vs generic lesser quality, ect.

Re: Marina hits the cartel of El Mayo Zambada - 99 tons of marijuana secured

Frank
Lotta mota. I haven’t seen a single gram of Mexican weed in 22 years. Used to come in, completely compressed into plastic tubing. Whatever weight, dude would just slice it off the log.  Around 97 A friend would get shipments from BC which were either AK-47 or Big Bud/hashplant hybrid. Never knew which it would be until we opened the hockey bag and cracked the vac seal on a lbs. The whole floor of the apt complex would reek lol. People probably didn’t even know what to make of the odour back then.

Once we threw it on the triple beams our eyes would sting and get extremely itchy. Damned if I wasn’t willing to lend a hand for the worlds best chronic (contender at least) for free.  still to this day miss that herb. I love pink Kush, Girl Scout Cookies, but damn. Maybe it was the luxury of the first time having that quality for the 1st time and we used to potency now, but I still feel like the chronic has been bastardized to the extreme.

I’d rather have 100 pounds of that old BC bud or Pink Kush than 100 tons of shwag. Hell id rather just have 10 to last me... f getting in the game
Kab

Re: Marina hits the cartel of El Mayo Zambada - 99 tons of marijuana secured

Kab
This post was updated on .
I swear, all this shit quality marijuana busts is a front to get the real valuable product across.

Like that one football player busted with what? 100lbs of shit weed from Mexico.  Bet cartels moved 1,000 lbs+ of meth with that distraction.

Re: Marina hits the cartel of El Mayo Zambada - 99 tons of marijuana secured

Frank
You’re absolutely right. The eradication of ‘cannabis fielsds’ implies all the plant matter, still damp, being used as the estimate of total weight recovered. Trumped up stats, so to speak.

Re: Marina hits the cartel of El Mayo Zambada - 99 tons of marijuana secured

El17
Same here Frank.  Haven't seen Mex bale bud in 15years.  And that was one time.  Then 1 more time I've seen it and that was 10 years before that and it was garbage, lots of sticks and seeds.  So 2 times I've seen Mex bale weed in 25 years haha.  I bought it to try it because it was super cheap.  It was weak, no one liked it, and I never bought from them again.

I think you're right too.  I wonder how many kilos of blow this is equal to.

Re: Marina hits the cartel of El Mayo Zambada - 99 tons of marijuana secured

Re: Marina hits the cartel of El Mayo Zambada - 99 tons of marijuana secured

El Guero
There is ABSOLUTELY  still a US market for Sinaloan weed.  Everything coming up through Arizona used to be considered high quality 20 years ago.  Still a lot of guys who bring in large quantities of those Arizona mids to this day.

You buy a ton of it for say $175/lb. and bring it to the Midwest or East Coast and sell them for $500/lb. It goes almost entirely to the African American neighborhoods these days but 15 years ago that stuff was what everyone wanted.

Anything coming through Texas was always ABSOLUTE WORTHLESS GARBAGE that wasnt even worth the gas to drive it back.  Could never understand that but it was a written in stone rule.
CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES!  GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!  MAKE THEM REGRET THEY WERE EVER BORN!

Re: Marina hits the cartel of El Mayo Zambada - 99 tons of marijuana secured

elrojo
Heavy shootouts reported yesterday in Culiacan. One dead and some injured. Supposedly the dead is a member of los chapitos. Rumors are there is inner dispute between them because about 10 cops were kidnapped and tortured(not killed) and apparently a heavy hitter isn’t happy.
Other rumors are that it’s ruso’s people and nini’s But nothing is confirmed
Some sources claiming mayo gave green light to kill ruso in order to avoid inner conflict

Re: Marina hits the cartel of El Mayo Zambada - 99 tons of marijuana secured

Frank
If we can assume they weighed all the damp plant matter of each individual plant, I speculate that the weight of dried flower which would have been harvested at very roughly 1 to 5 tons(probably closer to one). So let’s say 2500 kilos of mota with a street value of 500 a pound. 125, 000. let’s just price it at 15, 000 a key assuming its high heat pure shine, and we’re talking still in Mex, near the border. I dunno. Could round it up to 10 keys?

Lol. That was pretty much a 2 minute mental exercise of wild speculation, but that’s my guess. Might get some flack for my numbers there, but that is my best guess at a translation, given who knows how long those plants had to dry before being tossed on a scale.

Re: Marina hits the cartel of El Mayo Zambada - 99 tons of marijuana secured

Guero1990
How much did you smoke Frank when you wrote that post??

Re: Marina hits the cartel of El Mayo Zambada - 99 tons of marijuana secured

Frank
This post was updated on .
Lol been out for days, Guero. I have time to think and calculate now, but having participated in the harvesting of fresh plants, and the trimming, and the hanging of of buds, as well as the curing process, I can tell you that the total loss of the weight of wet buds alone AFTER trimming, a pound turns into 2 or 3 oz once dried

 I have never taken a fresh plant and weighed the whole thing, as that would have been a waste of time, In my ROUGH estimation, based on grows about 10 to 12 years ago,those outdoor plants which were likely massive, and shitty, contained about 25% of useful bud from the entire plant, roots stalk and less possibly if the federales yanked them and left dirt on the roots. We still havent dried the herb. we’re down to 25 tons and we haven’t even dried it yet

A pound of wet weed turns into 2 or 3 ounces once it’s smokeable, so we take 25 tons and reduce by another 75% or slightly more. We’re left with 6 tons, a generous estimate. 6000 keys. My original 2 min estimate Has now been inflated by more than double, I realize and proven to be ridiculous beyond anything reasonable. I should have waited until I had the time to make a proper reply... But I stand behind my NEW numbers as far as they are not completely out of whack. Which translates (at $500a lbs at best x 2.2 to make the kilo= 1100 per key. Tiimes 6000 ok, that still equals 6.6 mil. So yes I can see why you called out my space cadet post. I missed a couple of zeros.

6.6 mill divided by 15, 000 equals 440 keys of talk chalk. 15,000 is what I hypothesize the price is in Mex for HH. There. Point taken, and post amended.

El 17, the initial reply was done without really thinking it through as I was on my way out the door, which is quite obvious now lol. Peace, B.B. people and stay safe