Marijuana Does Kill

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

j.ward
Valhalla wrote
Dear Dr,
As a operator of the heaviest machinery mankind has invented, I find your post ridiculous.
Reason being the amount of drug testing we go through.
It does not matter what kind of intoxicating substance we would like to use, all banned.

This is just shitty hiring policy, nothing to do with weed.
Get real.
------------------------------------

There is no mandatory drug testing for backhoe operators which it says that he was operating likewise there is no mandatory testing for trac ho (Excavator) operators, hell I could have a Linkbelt 2800 dropped off here this after noon no questions asked for $500 for 8 hours... Any rental company will bring it right out without ever asking about who the operator is or about their experience etc. I always thought that was just plain crazy. I am sure that for the larger secured stationary cranes that lift massive amounts of rebar etc they probably have a different protocol as far as drug testing but I would bet you all their U.A.'s are unsupervised as it has been an unwritten rule for decades when it comes to pissing in the bottle no other man wants to watch. In the state where I live it is the company owner or  job foreman's call as far as any drug testing unless it is a Union job then its mandatory but all those are unsupervised U.A. piss in a bottle tests and they sell clean piss in a bottle at all the little smoke shops now days thats how they are beating those tests... They should ALL be mandatory and they should ALL be supervised but they arent up till now... ANY and ALL machine operators should be made to have a license just like you do for a car... ALL rental outfits should demand to see the operators license prior to delivering any heavy equipment, dudes that have a riding lawn mower think that qualifies them to operate an excavator...lol... Famous last words..."Look out I can drive this!"

One job I was not on but was close by these idiots were drinking beer and one of them flipped the PC 120 in a ditch almost crushed 2 guys, took 2 NESS CRANES to get it out costing $4000.00 not including the smashed in cab to the machine... F'n idiots!

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

dr.janebrock

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

Valhalla
I'm not talking about excavators, I do love those things, but this is not heavy machinery.

Before I leave for my job it is full medical and drugtest, then at job it is unannounced drugtests.

As I wrote, shitty hiring pratices, nothing to do with weed.
All Wars Are Bankster Wars.

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

Valhalla
Dear Dr, I spend a lot of time in airplanes, they have same controls in place, and no, I do not want them high or drunk, again, nothing to with do with marihuana, all about personal responsibility.
Alcohol kills a lot more people every year, still legal, exept when handling machinery, like ships.

So what is your point about marihuana kills?
All Wars Are Bankster Wars.

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

Jorge Jorvanivich
Years ago, when I still drank, a good friend of mine was killed. His funeral was on Thurs. morning. Weds. night I got extremely drunk. Thurs. morning I planned on going to my warehouse job until it was time to attend my friend's funeral. I was really tired and hungover. I operated a forklift and ran into some shelving, about 200 feet of it, knocking it and the parts on it over. I was lucky it did not fall on someone and kill them. I was also lucky that it was late enough that I could not stay and clean my mess up.
  A few years after this incident I figured out that on them tired, hungover days, that a big line of coke would wake me up and get my head right. So I guess if weed kills, cocaine saves lives?  I think it's peoples irresponsible, careless use that causes problems, and I have caused many problems. With any freedom comes responsibility.

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

I would say that the person being high caused this, not the weed itself. I use to be part of the group that thought weed was terrible. Partly because I was told it was my whole life, and partly because I had no experience with it. After I ran security for 5 clubs in Denver for 2.5 years I can tell you I would rather deal with 10 guys high on weed than 1 drunk guy. I also had never tried it before until I got cancer. After I tried it I didn't see what everyone was so upset about. In fact, weed managed to replace the medications I take for nausea, pain, my appetite, and pain. All the things I just mentioned I was on at least 2 medications a piece for. Nobody has ever OD'd from weed, and the accidents that have happened because of weed in most cases I am aware of happened because the person was/is an idiot.

When are we going to learn we cannot legislate morality in this country? Make drugs legal and you would put every cartel out of business. However there are WAY too many people getting rich off the "war on drugs" for them to do anything about it.
AJ

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

AJ

Guns kill, Marijuana makes you hungry.
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

Valhalla
303, I really hope you get well.

I tried weed long long time ago, did not do me any good, but being from Scandinavia, I pretty well aware of what alcohol does, including myself.
The point is, why anybody would tell anybody what they are allowed smoke or drink, when the most destructive agent in this is legal business.

I hate the war on drugs, not one thing good has come out of it, if you are not owner of bank.

Fox saying he is going to marihuana business if it is legal, makes my just sad, always money, never freedom.
All Wars Are Bankster Wars.

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

j.ward
Back Hoe's and Trac Hoe's (Excavators) are classified as "Heavy Equipment" that being said the person in this story was said to be operating a "Back Hoe". I believe this accident was the result of very poor planning of the demolition dynamics as far as which way the structure was being brought down and the surrounding structures should have been evacuated. I believe that the Back Hoe operator is being used as a fall guy because being the operator it does not make any claim that he was the job foreman who would be the responsible party because it is his job to instruct the operator on what to do and when. He may have reached up with the bucket to pull a wall inwards and the law of gravity to hold and it folded causing it to fall outwards on top of the thrift store building, I have seen it happen just like that many times, when doing demos dealing with very heavy walls its imperative to utilize the thumb of the bucket to take the wall apart little by little but there are times when things are just unavoidable and because those surrounding structures were not evacuated first there was loss of life and many injuries. I hope they learn from this accident and implement more safety training and safety inspections. In my experience over the years I have seen some real idiots in charge of multi million dollar jobs based only on the fact they were related to the owner of the company but as far as being experienced I wouldnt get in a car with them driving.

I have personally demolished many structures that had buildings and or occupied homes within feet on both sides and I am very familiar with what it takes to do a very safe and efficient job. Luckily based on the fact of knowing how serious those jobs are and always making safety my number one priority I never had any accidents aside from a broken gas or water line which was easily fixed and the fault of bad locating which was always done by a separate company.

I remember one job the owner of the Jim Dandy Sewer Company was running one of the smallest excavators made called a PC 40 and it had been a long day hot in the sun, there was a hole open probably about 5 or 6 feet deep and 5 or 6 across for some reason he piled brush and plant debris over the hole at the end of the day. The next morning he got back on this little tiny machine and rolled his tracks right over the edge of that hole flipping the machine forward, being an open front cab and because he wasnt using the seat belt he was sprung forward and the edge of the cab broke his back and he broke a couple of ribs and a foot. Over 20 years experience on machines. Lucky he didnt kill himself or anyone else but my point is accidents happen even with small jobs and small machines. He was in a wheel chair for months as he healed back up and after that everytime I would see him he would be sure to say how thankful he was to be alive.

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

BERTY
A lethal dose of cannabis is a pound of it dropped onto your head off the top of a sky scraper!!
The more I see the less I understand

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

dr.janebrock

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

Siskiyou_Kid
But you titled your post Marijuana Does Kill, when that is nonsense that has nothing to do with the facts.

Marijuana is about as likely to cause undue relaxation as Kava tea, which is perfectly legal. Kava tea has been known to cause severe kidney and liver damage, with many cases of premature death. Marijuana has never caused as human death from ingestion.

In many people, cannabis ingestion increases their awareness and response time. There is no evidence that cannabis ingestion causes the type of impairment we see with alcohol, in a measurable way, except in people with no/and or little experience with the herb.

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

j.ward
dr.janebrock wrote
jward wrote
I believe this accident was the result of very poor planning of the demolition
It probably was a poorly planned demolition job, but how can anyone disagree that marijuana does not lengthen reaction time.

It is a scientific fact that marijuana relaxes people and slows down reaction time.  The guy in this story may have just had old THC in his urine and like JWARD said, poorly planned.  How does a modern society legalize marijuana, yet prevent every 24/7 high loser from stuff like this?

If you had a relative involved in a serious auto accident caused by idiot who happened to be high...

I personally smoke, but do it in a responsible manor like alcohol.  I have nothing against legalize marijuana, just against irresponsible people who are high.
Just saying.

I would have to see the accident scene and be told who did what when etc before laying blame on the Back Hoe operator, what if he wasnt even near the wall that collapsed and is just being used (No pun intended...) as a fall guy? But of course its common sense and goes without saying any impairment man made or natural has an effect on a persons judgement and reflexes.
12