Marijuana Does Kill

dr.janebrock

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

_Jack

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

ToPHeR
LOL no it doesn't, stop reaching! Why did you leave out the part about him being on painkillers too?

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

El_Cuatro_Veinte
We should ban cars

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

Anomalous
Reports also suggest he had an apple for breakfast, therefore glucose kills.

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

dr.janebrock

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

Anomalous
Oh, so I guess it's okay to drive heavy machinery after popping a dozen painkillers and caffeine pills because you can't get arrested for it, is it?

What if the guy hadn't taken normal marijuana but some synthetic kind that hasn't been made illegal yet? Would that be okay then?

How about if I take two hits of compressed air, then I take a hit from a joint and I kill a group of guys and I get arrested for marijuana? Will you conclude then that marijuana kills?

Seriously, I'm starting to think you're just trolling, that's how ridiculous your argument is.

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

In 6,000 of documented human use, nobody has EVER died from ingesting cannabis, yet  tobacco use kills 5.4 million people every single year-an average of one person every six seconds.

This case sounds like pure and simple negligence on the part of the contractor, the city, and the equipment operator, who admitted consuming "purple drank" which contains alcohol and prescription opiates, yet the reefer madness idiots jump on the bandwagon, blaming cannabis.

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

nacho

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

Siskiyou_Kid
You're right that this guy is screwed.

Smoking weed is the least of Sean Benshop's problems, since impairment only occurs immediately after smoking, while thc stays in the body of weeks. It will be difficult to prove he was impaired from smoking cannabis, but if he ingested prescription opiates that day, that will be easy to prove.

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

empire23
  The assumption, that correlation proves causation, is considered a questionable cause logical fallacy in that two events occurring together are taken to have a cause-and-effect relationship. This fallacy is also known as cum hoc ergo propter hoc, Latin for "with this, therefore because of this", and "false cause".

   A similar fallacy, that an event that follows another was necessarily a consequence of the first event, is sometimes described as post hoc ergo propter hoc (Latin for "after this, therefore because of this").

   What are you a doctor of?  Most terminal degrees include some degree of training in the basics of logic.

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

nacho
Kab

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

Kab
Obvious troll.

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

katattx
Thank you for the actual facts. You said it perfectly

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

WonderBread
SPARK IT!

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

I'm glad that somebody recognizes the reality, because it seems like most people could care less about the truth.

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

j.ward
I wouldnt use this story as a "POT KILLS" story because like its been said there is no way to tell how long it was in his system. I am a retired heavy equipment operator and just from the looks of this dude I wouldnt let him anywhere near any machines on any job that I was on, its definitely a scrub/scab company and I hope that all involved get seriously punished, the company and who ever hired the company etc etc etc. Can you imagine that day at the thrift store? What a tragedy. On ALL my jobs safety was always the number one thing, heavy equipment is no joke and not to be operated by anyone impaired and that includes natural impairments like if they havent had enough sleep!

The surrounding structures should have been vacated if they were doing sensitive type work where there was ANY chance of any of those other structures becoming involved, thats a F'n no brainer to anyone who has ever done demo work. I can not believe here in the US you can call up any rental company and they will deliver any size machine and they dont do any checks on who is going to be operating it! Luckily in my 20 year career the only thing I ever did was once while turning in mud I began to slide and ended up ripping the hose spicket off the side of a brand new house and one time late in the afternoon while turning around not paying attention to my bucket position I smashed in the corner edge of a mobile home. I got buried up to my mouth once in a 23 foot deep hole, pretty scary that was, I am very lucky I made it out of that hole alive.

I remember on a job one day a laborer got buried in a ditch up to his chest, he was fine and wasnt an emergency but a flagger jumped on one of the machines to dig him out and when he swung the bucket around he hit the dude in the head and killed him. Another time a pipelayer got buried up to his neck and before they got him dug out a huge piece of asphalt rolled off the hill of dirt hitting him in the head and killed him. Then one winter a husband and wife pipe laying team was working in a very wet area and the wife was bent over in the ditch making the initial connection and the ditch caved in, was only about 6 feet so they were not using any shoring, by the time they dug her out she was dead. Heavy equipment jobs are serious business even the small jobs is nothing to take for granted.

About 10 years ago a friend of mine who owns an underground utility company needed some help so I was brought onto one of his jobs, no one on the crew knew exactly who I was and on the way back to the shop at the end of the day I rode with a guy in the 1 ton truck, we were on the freeway in rush hour traffic and he pulls out a pipe and some weed loads it and lights it while he was driving! I said to him "I hope that you enjoyed working here because today is your last day!" He was not on the job the next day. Cant be doing that shit on construction jobs man, thats how people get killed.

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

nacho

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

nacho

Re: Marijuana Does Kill

Valhalla
Dear Dr,
As a operator of the heaviest machinery mankind has invented, I find your post ridiculous.
Reason being the amount of drug testing we go through.
It does not matter what kind of intoxicating substance we would like to use, all banned.

This is just shitty hiring policy, nothing to do with weed.
Get real.
All Wars Are Bankster Wars.
12