Manuel Torres Felix aka El M1, El Ondeado TV Show in the works

Manuel Torres Felix aka El M1, El Ondeado TV Show in the works

El_Cuatro_Veinte
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSA5HZNLcao

Mentioned in this video by his daughters where they tour one of the ranches and she says they are in the process of making a deal but don't say who is producing it. Ill translate the video sometime this week for those interested in some details about M1s life, some details revealed that we did not know.
MX

Re: Manuel Torres Felix aka El M1, El Ondeado TV Show in the works

MX
Very interesting! I look forward to it.

That's a nice ranch. They need to cut the grass and clean it up a bit but it's a nice location.
MX

Re: Manuel Torres Felix aka El M1, El Ondeado TV Show in the works

MX
A few points from the video (which is in Spanish)

- M1's daughter confirmed that they are working on a series about him

- In this video, you'll one of M1's ranches. There are about 8 other houses in this rural community but most of them are family members or friends. Javier Torres Felix AKA El JT also has a ranch next to this one.

- M1's favorite horse was named Espejo (Mirror) because it was bright-colored

- M1 once won a horse display tournament in a rural community; the picture of the event is next to his tomb

- This ranch was used for special events like New Year's, etc. It was not the family's main ranch.

Re: Manuel Torres Felix aka El M1, El Ondeado TV Show in the works

1smart
I don’t get the fascination with this guy, he wasn’t powerful and he wasn’t even rich. He was just another maniac amongst tons of maniacs and was shot in the ass as he was running away from the military
MX

Re: Manuel Torres Felix aka El M1, El Ondeado TV Show in the works

MX
@1smart: His brother Javier Torres Felix AKA El JT was indeed a high-ranking enforcer under El Mayo. From my understanding M1 also had drug-charges in the U.S. But I think most of the fascination behind M1 dervies from him being one of the first narcos to appear on social media. His daughters posted a lot of pictures of him back in the day in MetroFLOG. This gave people an inside view of how these people looked and lived. A strong narcoculture was born from MetroFLOG circa 2006, especially when Raul Meza Torres AKA El Mini 6 started posting, too. M1 is also viewed as the quintessential Sinaloa Cartel narco: born in the Sinaloan countryside, wears cowboy hats, loved horse riding, portrayed himself as pro-family, etc.

Re: Manuel Torres Felix aka El M1, El Ondeado TV Show in the works

Another Zambada victim of snitching.  I wonder if they will touch on his overly excessive drug usage or will this just be about how he was such a “brave soldier” bullshit.
MX

Re: Manuel Torres Felix aka El M1, El Ondeado TV Show in the works

MX
@Mica: Lots of his songs say he was often high on cocaine, right? Apparently his nickname El Ondeado was given to him after he went "crazy" following his sons death. But I think I've heard in some of his songs that he started to abuse drugs after that incident. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Re: Manuel Torres Felix aka El M1, El Ondeado TV Show in the works

Mica
@MX I read the same thing before his death.  He would smoke cocaine and then moved to crack and meth.  Physically he looked like an addict who stayed up for days and lots of dental caps.  Supposedly, he became a liability and Mayo performed a Russo. It's a tough life killing people and being on the run, not an easy life on the soul if you're sober.

Re: Manuel Torres Felix aka El M1, El Ondeado TV Show in the works

1smart

Re: Manuel Torres Felix aka El M1, El Ondeado TV Show in the works

Mica
We will never actually know until a non reliable CW testifies, but the Mayo rumor was the most prominent one out there.  I don’t play into that cartel honor crap.  Mayo has never been arrested and that should say something.

Having an addicted captain reporting directly to you is not an ideal situation.  Who would benefit the most with his death?

Mayo didn’t have the ability to send M1 to a rehab center in Malibu.

Re: Manuel Torres Felix aka El M1, El Ondeado TV Show in the works

Where was Mini 6 murdered?  Jalisco?

Re: Manuel Torres Felix aka El M1, El Ondeado TV Show in the works

Zapopan

MX

Re: Manuel Torres Felix aka El M1, El Ondeado TV Show in the works

MX

Re: Manuel Torres Felix aka El M1, El Ondeado TV Show in the works

When was that in summer 2010 right?

When Nacho went down, after el Pepino, I think, kidnapped his wife.
MX

@J: April 2010, he was 18 years old.

From the police confession made by Fidel Rojas Felix (who was with Mini 6), both of them had met with Nacho Coronel to get some guns prior to the standoff and shooting with the police.

Re: Manuel Torres Felix aka El M1, El Ondeado TV Show in the works

Mica
I don’t know much about Mini 6.  He sure did accumulate an excellent criminal resume in his short life and there is a lot of fascination on the internet about him.
Why is that?
MX

Re: Manuel Torres Felix aka El M1, El Ondeado TV Show in the works

MX
El Mini 6 wasn't anyone important (i.e. high-ranking) in the Sinaloa Cartel. He was famous because of his social media presence. I'd say he was one of the pioneers in that aspect. Very active on MetroFLOG (which was very popular in Mexico back in the day) and on Facebook. Lots of kids and teenagers looked up to him for posing with weapons in pictures. His father Raul Meza Ontiveros AKA El M6 was a mid-tier lieutenant under El Mayo and was close to M1 and El JT.

I wrote both of their Wikipedia articles back in 2018. Feel free to check them out if you're interested in a more detailed summary. The sources are available throughout the text.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra%C3%BAl_Meza_Torres

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra%C3%BAl_Meza_Ontiveros

Re: Manuel Torres Felix aka El M1, El Ondeado TV Show in the works

Thanks MX I will review.

Reviewed and impressed that you did both of those.  Thanks, MX

Those are impressive Wikipedia articles. Usually wiki articles on narcos are really basic and only contain vague, outdated info.
MX

Re: Manuel Torres Felix aka El M1, El Ondeado TV Show in the works

MX
@Mica and @1smart: Thanks! Glad you enjoyed them. I haven't written many articles this year since I've been more active on the mainboard. I mostly worked on Gulf Cartel bios but these were fun too. Cheers.
123