Mantas in Piedras Negras

curioso
There were mantas placed in PN today on the HEB bridge, the pedestrian bridge by Soriana and various other locations. All of them from what I've seen reported were threats against the owner of the Periodico Zocalo. Apparently someone is not happy with what's being written in that rag.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Re: Mantas in Piedras Negras

I just posed the story.   ost of them were in Monclova, with others in acuna, pn and saltillo

Re: Mantas in Piedras Negras

Bjeff
Any thoughts of what pissed Z42 off?

Re: Mantas in Piedras Negras

jason5683
Banned User
This is what Chivis posted?

I too am curious Bjeff, what pissed of Z42?  Also, one would assume he is growing more powerful since Lazcano's death and his brother being the supreme leader.  Does anyone recall 42 calling out people in public before?

Re: Mantas in Piedras Negras

Bjeff
Some guy on the main board suggested the mantas were placed to heat up the plaza by another organization, and he got a point; when was the last time z42 ever signed a manta?

These guys are experts at clouding everything so I would not doubt it.

Recent attacks on newspapers by Los Dennys would suggest them taking their hobby to Saltillo as well.

Re: Mantas in Piedras Negras

ToPHeR
Also, to add to that why would 42 be saying publicly  "I'm gonna reach out to you through our contacts" etc...?

Re: Mantas in Piedras Negras

Chimera
Someone  else on mainboard suggested, since these seem to be fake mantas with nothing in red, maybe they were placed by a competing newspaper? That idea has sat in a corner of my mind for a few hours, simmering. Is this paper influential enough and well circulated that it could challenge one of the "bought" papers?

Re: Mantas in Piedras Negras

Chingoblng
I from what my family has told me in Coahuila know that 42 only travels at nights and sleeps in his trucks during the day, without saying too much, he leaves PN during the day, and conducts all his buisness at night there.