Man hides drugs in cop car

leChef

On April 6, during the late afternoon hours, an Audrain County Sheriff’s Deputy, on routine patrol along U.S. 54 near Missouri Route HH, noticed a vehicle with a registration violation. Upon stopping the vehicle, he found the driver, Michael Waters, age 35 of Mexico, had a revoked driver’s license.

Permission by the vehicle owner was given for the Sheriff’s Office K-9 to search the car. Based on an indication by the K-9, a small amount of Methamphetamine was found in the car.

Waters was arrested and after being transported to the Audrain County Jail, the deputy found a plastic bag containing Methamphetamine, needles and Waters’ Identification Card under the seat of his patrol vehicle.

Waters remains in the Audrain County Jail on warrants for two Counts Possession of Controlled Substances, Driving While Revoked/Suspended, and Drug Paraphernalia Charges.

His bond is set at $26,000.

Waters is innocent until proven guilty.

The following Public Service Announcement is for all of the would be drug arrestees out there – we search our patrol cars at the beginning of every shift, and after every person who sits in our cars exits them. Hiding your drugs in our cars don’t work, especially if you leave your ID card with them.

Source:
http://www.vandalialeader.com/man-hides-drugs-in-cop-car/