Mainboard rant

Tijuano
Hi there, just going to say this, I have no agendas, I am just feed up with the way my country is and with the fact that I can´t do anything about it, I´m just pissed off by the fact that anyone can get executed under the biggest of impurities. I´m tired of seeing how people get used by others with agendas and how the blame is selectively shared among only some.

I just want to express how I feel and how I feel all of Us as Mexicans (those of us who are Mexicans, obviously) are responsible for all this bloodshed, be it for omission, for participation or whatever you want to call it.

I don´t expect people to share my views, respect them or even understand them, all I can say is I respect your points of view, even if I don´t share some.

Again, this is not directed at anyone so please don´t take it personal, not that it really matters thou.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Re: Mainboard rant

You know I'm not from there, but I am with you, or want to say I understand exactly how you feel, without the background and the roots to truly understand the way you do, I think you are entirely justified….i feel the same way, it doesn't mean there is no hope, I just think things are so far gone, they will never turn around.  And they won't in US either.

The juniors, and sons, and relatives of those in wealth and power, both up here and down there, don't give a fuck about the poor, which is like 80% of the country, and whether they are just callous, unaware, blindly optimistic, or too removed to understand, the end result is the same.  They buy cars, condos and vacation homes, and planes and drink, eat, gamble, whatever, and the poor can barely buy food...

Re: Mainboard rant

Tijuano
J wrote
You know I'm not from there, but I am with you, or want to say I understand exactly how you feel, without the background and the roots to truly understand the way you do, I think you are entirely justified….i feel the same way, it doesn't mean there is no hope, I just think things are so far gone, they will never turn around.  And they won't in US either.

The juniors, and sons, and relatives of those in wealth and power, both up here and down there, don't give a fuck about the poor, which is like 80% of the country, and whether they are just callous, unaware, blindly optimistic, or too removed to understand, the end result is the same.  They buy cars, condos and vacation homes, and planes and drink, eat, gamble, whatever, and the poor can barely buy food...
Thanks J, maybe there is hope, but right now I just see things in a very negative way and just cant imagine how things can get better, at least in this generation.

Years ago I tried to get involved in things which I thought would benefit the community, I was an active political member in my community but all it left in me was the sense that the Mexican society is worse than most people imagine, and in recent days I´ve just felt completely useless to help make a change, besides the fact that I just don´t see people around me who care to do any changes.

Anyway, I´m hoping to be back to BB in the following days, I read DD´s post and your comment about BB and want to say to all here that I´ll try to be more active and keep this up.

Saludos!

OFFTOPIC: It appears ZETA confirmed it is Rana´s sister-in-law who co-wrote Benjamin´s new book.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Re: Mainboard rant

See my comment to Tijuano's rant  on main page  Hard to believe a Mexican and a Gringo think so much alike.

Re: Mainboard rant

Pepe

Re: Mainboard rant

Tijuano
As I wrote, this was not aimed at anyone here, the "turncoat" mention was in response to someone on mainboard who called me that for what I wrote on your post.

The fact that I thought at the time Abarca could not be as stupid is irrelevant, in fact, the reason i did my MB post is because I realized I was wrong about it.

Now, maybe what I wrote didn't bring anything new, so I didnt rad all your post, thats it.

Now talking about agendas I got to say I do believe you have one, but that doesnt matter. what bothers me is the fact you basically call me a PRIista when thats the political party i hate(yes HATE) the most.

If you had more time on Borderland Beat you would know I have expressed how the violence we live has been around for decades, how in the times of Salinas we had THOUSANDS of executions and how the press ignored them, if you had been around more maybe you would have read my comments on the huge corruption factory PRI is.

Sure, I mentioned EPN used the rampant corruption in Michoacan to send Castillo but I NEVER mentioned he ws a good guy, again, you keep making assumptions.

i dont know you, dont know your motives, anything, but just like you assume I long for the perfect dictatorship I could assume you are one of those fanatics that believe everyone who doesnt blame EVERYTHING on EPN is a PRIista. But the truth is I dont know who you are.

Anyway, if I wanted to direct my message to you I would have called you out, it was directed at the guy calling me a turncoat on MB

As for the Normalistas, yes I maintain I dont like their ways, yes I know some do, Yes I stand by my belief they got killed by narcos(who ended up being the mayor too). You dont like that? Im sorry but thats how it is.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Re: Mainboard rant

Tijuano
Just as a sidenote, I have absolutely no interest in making a debate out of this with you, otherwise I would have continued in your post.

I do feel I can give out my opinion on any subject and I did feel the need to do so with my post.

If anyone got offended by it, I´m sorry.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
AJ

Re: Mainboard rant

AJ

Pretentious rant
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Mainboard rant

Tijuano
Maybe...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Re: Mainboard rant

Pepe

Re: Mainboard rant

Tijuano
Again, if I were saying they DESERVED it then I´ll say you are right, but anyway...

Don´t need to delete anything since it wasnt aimed at you, here´s your link, look up the comments, my words are aimed at that guy and whoever might think the same way.

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2014/10/who-are-normalistas-radicals.html

AnonymousOctober 19, 2014 at 6:32 AM:

Thanks dd for this bare bones report, I hope you don't become a turncoat like the first to jump the gun statin that the students were some kind of radicals from a "guerrilas"school,"si vos pacem" aka tijuano el inocente...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Re: Mainboard rant

Pepe

Re: Mainboard rant

Tijuano
Ok Pepe, since it appears you are very interested in continuing with this even thou it wasn´t aimed at you, lets clarify a few things:

First: I DOo care about Chivis opinion(maybe the only opinion I could care here, no offense to the other members), but it has nothing to do with her "spanking my butt", in fact, she didn´t even mention anything to me, She knows how I think and she knows what I think about all this, no need to explain it to you.

Second: No I had no interest in keeping arguing with you, I posted my comment at the anonymous poster on Mainboard, nothing less, nothing more. You, on the other hand, took it personal when NOBODY mentioned you, as we say here "Te pusiste el saco".

Third: It would be stupid to think it wasn´t aimed at me, the guy could not even quote my Forum signature right, but he did try...

Fourth: Obscure? Yes, but I tend to read all comments on mainboard, sometimes the mainboard comments have more info than the articles we reporters post, and Yes, I did feel offended by it because I turned on nobody, I still don´t think I did something wrong and to be honest it does piss me off when people say I did.

Fifth: Let it go man, nobody is aiming anything at you, sure, I could make an essay on what I think of your replies right now, but it´s not worth it, I wrote what I felt I needed to and that´s all that matters to me, as for myself, I´ll stop replying to you about this, I´m sure you´ll reply something so go ahead, I stand by all what I wrote.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Re: Mainboard rant

elcienporcien

Re: Mainboard rant

Tijuano
Nothing else to add, as you say, its sad to see kids seeing crime as their only opportunity, its sad to see parents rise their children with that mentality too.

A friend of mine was born in Michoacan but lived almost all his life in TJ, he was recently studying in Michoacan but he had to flee because cartel bastards were charging the students at his university for protection, he did not want to tell his mom he left his studies for that and instead told her he just got bored with them, he is now back in Tijuana trying to get back at school.

I can only hope someday this whole situation can change and people can live in peace again in this country.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Re: Mainboard rant

elcienporcien

Re: Mainboard rant

I agree 100% pepe
but you did not understand my comment, because I did not want to write a book

what I have found in working with the people in 1/3 the country is there are differences.  BIG differences.  and Baja is different than any other part of Mexico.

apathy however is the culprit.  that simple and that complicated.  because now it is typical, self preservation, mindset.

my staff and friends had not even read about the normalistas for a week and half after, they saw a headline and side stepped the subject like dog shit.  "if I don't look it does not exists or affect me"

I do not think MB was a proper place for the rant, in its format.  it could have been formatted to be powerful message from the ground, we have posted them before, especially from Tamps.  I did not like the title either.

we did receive a number of complaints, "sophomoric" "childish" and others I don't want to write about.

DD wrote a beautiful piece a while ago.  Ovemex wrote about my experience, that he shared with me, in Tamps which was indicative of collusion.  It was what happened to us in san Miguel aleman and Reynosa.  those personal experiences that depict mexico in the reality are excellent.

Re: Mainboard rant

Tijuano
As I wrote before to you Chivis, If you think I should take it down I will, no problem about it.

I can accept people calling it childish, sophomoric, or worse, no problem about it with me, I just felt I needed to write that and wanted to share it with BB readers but I understand what you mean.

If I misused MB then I apologize for that.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Re: Mainboard rant

No Pepe Tijuano was quite clear on MB that the Normalistas didn't deserve this even though he didn't agree with all the things about them.And if I mess with cartels it doesn't mean I deserve what I get but I could be asking for it.For example if I wear a miniskirt in a red light district at 2 in the morning no I don't deserve to be raped but the invitation to the rapist would be more likely than if I walked in a miniskirt at 2 in the afternoon around sober people so my odds would be less likely to be raped so I think he was referring to possible lack of common sense on the Normalistas part.Does everything have to be SO politically correct?

Re: Mainboard rant

No its not just US pointing finger at Mexico as failed country as I have lived in all 3 countries Canada,US and Mexico although Mexico only less than a year although I must say you hear a lot more negative stuff about Mexico in the US probably because its so close theres more fear.Actually I noticed more Americans that wont go to Mexico compared to Canadians and its closer and only a dismal 30% of Americans are in possession of a passport.
12