MX LAWMAKERS REFORM CONSTITUTION ALLOWING COUNTRY'S FIRST BORDER PATROL

MX LAWMAKERS REFORM CONSTITUTION ALLOWING COUNTRY'S FIRST BORDER PATROL

Mexican lawmakers have made changes to laws regulating federal police to allow for the creation of a Border Police Force, or Border Patrol.mexican senate

The proposed agency's main task will be to deal with crimes relates to drugs and human trafficking in both the northern and southern borders.

Tamaulipas would be one of the states that would benefit from this measure due to the large numbers of drugs and migrants caught trying to cross the border into the United States. Already, hundreds of federal police officers patrol the states long border with Texas.

Just this week, they rescued 51 immigrants kidnapped inside a Reynosa stash house.
Federal police also arrested five Reynosa police officers and two transit officers on corruption charges.

The Chamber of Deputies, Mexico’s equivalent of the House of Representatives, voted to reform the constitution to allow the creation of the border police force.

It now moves on to the Senate for a vote.

mexico has no border patrol?

queremos-paz
i had no knowledge of this until I read the story.
no wonder so many guns and drugs get in and out.
US border patrol apparently has been doing the work for both countries

Re: mexico has no border patrol?

Havana
More "hands on deck" is a step in the right direction, but one of the big challenges will be making and keeping the MBP corruption proof.  Any suggestions?  Pay them a decent salary?  Lie detectors and drug tests? Bonuses for doing the right thing like not stealing drugs and money?

Re: mexico has no border patrol?

Holy crap!  I hate to admit this but I haven't even gone that far in my mind I am still getting over Mx not having a BP and it has been against the constitution!  How did that get by me?  who are those smucks at the POE?  those ineffective dudes that we can give prearranged 100 bucks and bring in 5 truckloads of shool supplies that could be weapons?

No wonder...it is all so clear.  I thought YAY...but now you burst my bubble.  they better have; great pay, great training; great equipment, ploys and drug testing on reg basis.  they should be trained by USBP..as part of Merida like the y are doing with the Mx proscecutors for the new judicial laws.

Wenglenca...you burst Buela's Bubble...POP!!

Re: MX LAWMAKERS REFORM CONSTITUTION ALLOWING COUNTRY'S FIRST BORDER PATROL

AllseeingI
This has only been mentioned over a hundred times in newspaper articles for the past few years. Why is everyone so surprised.......? This is some of the oldest intel the US has at the moment. A non-existant BP for USoM.