Lucy's death from Blog del Narco

Texcoco

Re: The death of Lucy from Blog del Narco

SouthernOutpost
And all She had to do was give credit to the original writer and source hahaha....busted!!!!

Re: The death of Lucy from Blog del Narco

I agree all she had to do was give credit. She could have wrote her book and said she provided a valuable service by gathering important narco news. Instead she goes full retard and even insults the people she is stealing from! JAJAJA

Re: The death of Lucy from Blog del Narco

Sleep
SouthernOutpost wrote
And all She had to do was give credit to the original writer and source hahaha....busted!!!!
Ain't that crazy? But her run away should be good, she's done imagination practices already.

Crazy girl didn't know what was coming to her and especially from what direction.
O te alineas o te mueres.

Re: The death of Lucy from Blog del Narco

Texcoco

Re: The death of Lucy from Blog del Narco

adam

Re: The death of Lucy from Blog del Narco

Pinchegringo
777 wrote
I agree all she had to do was give credit.
Wonder if the publishers are going to sue her.  They should.

Re: Lucy's death from Blog del Narco

Texcoco
mik

Re: Lucy's death from Blog del Narco

mik
This post was updated on .
The story "Lucy" gives The Guardian about running for her life does not add up.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/may/16/blog-del-narco-mexico-drug-war

From the article:

Quote starts
The anonymous author was a mystery until last month when she revealed to the Guardian and Texas Observer she was a woman, not a man as previously assumed, and that with her colleague she had written a book, Dying for the Truth: Undercover Inside Mexico's Violent Drug War.

The revelation caused a stir but the duo continued as normal, Lucy, a journalist, writing and editing the site and her partner, a male friend aged 27 who lived in a different city in northern Mexico, managing the technical side.

On 5 May he phoned her. "He just said 'run'. Then hung up. It was our code word for extreme situations, our last resort, but until then we had never used it. I called him back but there was no answer. I emailed him, tried Skype and WhatsApp, but nothing. Nothing."

Lucy, speaking to the Guardian via Skype this week, cried several times. She said she was speaking from an undisclosed location in Spain and that she was alone, lonely and frightened.

Her account could not be independently verified but a US-based intermediary who is also in contact with Lucy backed up her story. Adam Parfrey, head of the Washington-based publisher Feral House, which published Dying for the Truth, said he was not in direct contact with the authors but had heard a rumour one had disappeared. "I hope it's not true."

Lucy said that after receiving the phone call she immediately moved to another part of her home city, in northern Mexico, and prepared to flee. She sold some of her great-grandmother's jewellery, took a bus to the border and legally entered the US on foot. "I had all the correct papers." Hours later she was on a flight to Spain, she said. "It's further away. It feels safer."

She has not posted on the blog since 3 May, she said, but technical issues related to previous cyber-attacks meant it appeared on the site on 8 May. She has no immediate plans to resume blogging.
End of quote

So .. Lucy posts on May 3rd .. "Tecnical guy" tells her "Run" May 5th and promptly disappears .. problems with posting .. Post appears May 8th!! .. possibly by magic .. or, tech. guy was still around to see that the post went up and he hadn't disappeared at all, or it appeared by some other means.
In any case, story smacks of being cobbled together.

Also, a couple of the other BDN sister sites have the exact same layout as BDN, so there are more than a few technical guys floating about. Lucy never mentions that BDN isn't simply a single-site-on-its-own, but rather an effing huge operation with multiple sites. This story is too interesting to go away, people will keep on digging. The best bit to me is how The Guardian got roped in so easily, all because there was a book to sell.

Re: Lucy's death from Blog del Narco

Windycitykid
Publicity for her book for sure!
"Great minds have purpose, others have wishes" - Washington Irvin

Re: Lucy's death from Blog del Narco

it is peculiar that the guardian did not want to hear from any of us when they broke the Lucy story.  I was professional and offered proof to my claims.  Additionally, when we tried to write a comments stating further research is needed by the Guardian or Lucy does not exist, or that BDN plagiarizes the work of others and does not author anything, any negative comment was deleted.   I told them and Tex Observer that there are 5 known sister sites and I named them and sent all the various information, and lastly I sent them the link to Blodrugtrafficker.com the clone of BB crated by BDN.  I offered something I never do, I offered to speak to them via Skype or phone.  and they rejected everything.  So it is not an issue of "oh gee we were duped"  but rather "of course you were duped when you rejected the truth dozens of time"

I wrote to Proceso last week.  I begged them to investigate and publish the truth, I pointed out that people claim to mourn Regina Martinez yet stand by and allow BDN to earn money washed in the blood of the fallen reporter.  I hope my letter encouraged them to write the truth.

I received a few hate driven comments by readers who thought I was not being truthful or driven by jealousy, which is absurd as I am a volunteer and in my heart and mind there are no greater heroes in Mexico than the over 100 reporters killed for what they wrote.  The truth.

Re: Lucy's death from Blog del Narco

Texcoco

are you going to translate the proceso?  for sure?  and when?

Re: Lucy's death from Blog del Narco

mik
the link does not work for me....

Re: Lucy's death from Blog del Narco

K_Mennem
Here it is Chivis

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/may/16/blog-del-narco-mexico-drug-war?INTCMP=SRCH

Its the follow up by Rory Carroll of the Guardian from his first story which I ripped his ass on Twitter for not actually investigating.

Re: Lucy's death from Blog del Narco

Baggy
aaaaaaaaahahahaha.
AJ

Re: Lucy's death from Blog del Narco

AJ

R.I.P. Lucy
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Lucy's death from Blog del Narco

I wrote to him and offered a skpe as well as evidence, they can blame themselves, they even deleted my comments.  You, me , Michel, DD and others were on this as soon as it broke.  I hope my letter to Proceso helped I know I was not the only one who wrote.

Michel should be enjoying this.

Re: Lucy's death from Blog del Narco

I told the Guardian Lucy was the James Frey of narco blogs

Re: Lucy's death from Blog del Narco

El_Hermano
Hey I just got done checking blogdrugtrafficker and man is that full of copy and paste art work. There were some articles written from way back within there that didn't even work and I also noticed how they promote BDN on the right side of the page. jajajaja what a bunch of thieves