Los Cuinis/CJNG Leader José González Valencia Arrested

Los Cuinis/CJNG Leader José González Valencia Arrested

Itzli
This post was updated on .

42 year old José González Valencia, alias "Chepa", "Camarón" and "Santy", was arrested on Wednesday, December 27 at an upscale tourist complex Fortaleza, Brazil where he was vacationing with family since December 22.  According to the Federal Police of Brazil's press release, he had entered the country using a fake Bolivian ID, the country in which he was suspected to have lived over the past two years having fled Mexico.

Following the February 28, 2015 arrest in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, of his brother, Abigael González Valencia, alias "El Cuini", "El Chepa" was said to have taken over the leadership of Los Cuinis, a drug trafficking organization that is often identified as part of the CJNG.  Another brother, Gerardo, who was identified as second in command of Los Cuinis, was arrested in Uruguay in April 2016.

Re: Los Cuinis/CJNG Leader José González Valencia Arrested

I wonder if guys like that prefer to fly private or commercial to places like Brazil. Vacation time for the everybody right now, had to have been tracking him.  Now, the process to extradite begins.  Is he under indictment in the US?

Re: Los Cuinis/CJNG Leader José González Valencia Arrested

Itzli
I'm not finding that information specifically but it is worth noting that the United States has already requested that he be extradited to the United States on drug trafficking charges.

Re: Los Cuinis/CJNG Leader José González Valencia Arrested

Interesting that he had been living in Bolivia for 2 years, first of the major upper level traffickers that has been living abroad....For all the rumors, they are always caught in Mexico, often in home state.

Re: Los Cuinis/CJNG Leader José González Valencia Arrested

it was the exradition request of the U.S. that got him arrested.  I have a little more details on main page.

The extradition has been approved in 4 courts but has an entanglement of Amparos.  It is in the last court and should be approved soon and final