Los Angeles Times editorial Calderon is at war with himself

Los Angeles Times editorial Calderon is at war with himself

Havana

Re: Los Angeles Times editorial Calderon is at war with himself

Guerro
Thats the most dumbest article I ever read. The LA Times acts like the cartels are so sweet and innocent. F**k their human rights and F**k Human rights watch too. What a bunch of pussies!!!! I wish the military would kill more of these thugs.

Re: Los Angeles Times editorial Calderon is at war with himself

Havana
It's an editorial, Guerro, not an article.   I'm an equal opportunity poster.

And don't worry the military will be killing more cartel creeps, "thugs" momentarily.  I hope -- I detest the greedy, violent, creeps for what they are doing to the whole county.  Incarceration is basically a waste of money. Jails, as they are today, are nothing more than corrupt mid-level gang management centers.

Human Rights is an obvious angle to dwell on, if you don't fully understand the whole scope of the vicious cartel problem in Mexico, and you're ignorant enough to think being a pacifist will miraculously make the problem vanish. It easy to point your finger at anything that seems unjust .....

At the point a narco becomes known for killing and torturing people for money, he/she deserves to lose their human rights, for the pain they've inflicted. And if some members are lost in the containment process-and others as collateral damage-well tough luck.  Score for those with the white hats.

People constantly harping on 'Mexican authorities/human rights violations' forget or are unaware just what the uncorrupted law enforcers are up against here in Mexico. The vicious element is to the power 10 ruthless compared to "the normal American murderer".  How often are the the large number of numb-sculled narcos beheading, burning, torturing others portrayed as they're simultaneously drinking, smoking, talking with their cohorts as the telephones keep taping--in the American media? Never. And it happens here a lot.

Judicial and prison reform would help.

True to form, Guerro, anything written that portrays cartel members as human,  sends you around the bend. And I don't really blame you. This editorial barely spoke of cartels except in the most general terms of causing the problem.