Laredo ranches?

Zorro
Anyone have any on the ground info about ranches north of Laredo in the Mines Rd area being forcibly taken over by Z?

Re: Laredo ranches?

missey
I hav been trying to find this out all day and some say yes and some say no,I do know that on the Mexico side were bodies and that the usa issued a Warden Report(I saw it)on July 21,2010.This USA Warden Report was telling all Laredo,Tx citizens to stay inside their homes for their own safety.Seems like if we can issue a Warden Report we could at least call in the National Guard for our TEXAS side but our gov Perry and our pres Obama try to turn a blind eye to our WAR on our borders...I thought our taxes were paid for our goverment officials to protect our borders but they seem to be more concerned about a war 1/2 a world away,it is like HEY YOU GUYS OUR BACK DOOR IS OPEN U'D BETTER GRAB UR GUNS & LOCK & LOAD!!

Re: Laredo ranches?

Por la "20 de Noviembre" en Matamoros
Just some people with 'puters trying to create their own USS Pueblo incident.

Now they're reduced to a he said she said between some chick in San Diego some other wing-nut (Dan Amato) pointing fingers at her story as his source...

...everywhere other than Laredo...just more evidence of the right wing echo chamber...

Here's what started it all...what someone in San Diego (Kimberly Dvorak) said:
http://www.examiner.com/x-10317-San-Diego-County-Political-Buzz-Examiner~y2010m7d24-Los-Zetas-drug-cartel-takes-control-2-US-ranches-in-Texas

An Ex Squid by the name of Dan Amato showing some backbone...
http://www.diggersrealm.com/mt/archives/003441.html

So then others started picking it up...
...one near Houston; later changed to backtrack...
http://www.thecypresstimes.com/article/News/National_News/BREAKING_MULTIPLE_RANCHES_IN_LAREDO_TX_TAKEN_OVER_BY_LOS_ZETAS/31835

http://www.leftcoastrebel.com/2010/07/mexican-cartel-los-zetas-invading.html

...so everyone is backtracking on the story...  but...while you're at their sites make sure you click on some of their sponsors; you kno what I mean?   ;-D

btw...if you can avoid it...don't click on the links above... Just there for reference...

Re: Laredo ranches?

Zorro
Boy you sound an awful lot like a left wingnut who might be a bitter Journolister who just wants to bash bloggers and those whom you think are not true journalists. We have seen what the mainstream journalists give us and we are tired of that propaganda. The blogosphere is where you CAN find more truth.

Not identifying sources is standard journalistic practice and because the source is not identified does not mean this story is not true. I would like for someone without their own agenda and perhaps living in that area to offer up some insight.  Your left wing propaganda response is not useful to me.
AR

Re: Laredo ranches?

AR
Ooh...sorry...I guess it is kinda rude to look at this and ask why someone would want to write something like this...you know...question their motives...    It's just me putting my thinking cap on... (I have to have the thing looked at).

I hadn't quite looked at it from another point of view...  My bad.

Re: Laredo ranches?

Zorro
Turns out there is now proof that this occurred - put that in your pipe all you liberal slime naysayers!

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-10317-San-Diego-County-Political-Buzz-Examiner~y2010m8d10-Mexican-cartels-takeover-Texas-ranch--NOT-A-HOAX-Police-blotter-confirms-story#comments

Rancher claims Mexican cartels takeover Texas ranch -Police blotter confirms story is not a hoax
August 10, 2:00 AM · Kimberly Dvorak - San Diego County Political Buzz Examiner

After 16 days of denials by Laredo law enforcement and local officials regarding a Mexican drug cartel takeover of a Laredo area ranch, a Texas police blotter proves the alleged incident did in fact happen and that multiple agencies responded to the scene of a seized U.S. ranch.

Think about it for a moment.

One of the most brutal drug cartels operating in Mexico crossed the U.S. border and took a ranch from its lawful owner.

Intimidation has arrived along the southern border.

The police blotter tells the story of the events that unfolded on July 23rd;

“On Friday 7-23-10 Laredo Webb informed that their county SWAT Team is conducting an operation in the Mines Rd. area. According to LT. Garcia with LSO (Laredo Sheriff Office) received a call from a ranch owner stating that the Zetas had taken over his ranch. As per the 17 (reporting person) he informed them that they stated La Compania (area business) was taking the ranch and no one was permitted on the ranch without permission. SO (Sheriff Office) will have an unmarked green Ford Taurus with two officers stationed at Los Compadres and a white Chevy Tahoe with two officers stationed at Mineral Rd. The LSO (Laredo Sheriff Office) will maintain surveillance in the area and advise if action is taken. Susp (suspect) Veh (vehicle) are described as a gray or silver Audi, a BLK (black) Escalade or Navigator and a van truck with a logo of a car wash spot free on the side. Border Patrol also has their response team on scene. Also known info of BMW’s and Corvettes entering and leaving the area. Auth LT Lichtenberger if assistance is requested LPD (Laredo Police Department) will secure the outer perimeter. (07/24/10 07:42:10 NR1873)”

Cartels have crossed the sovereign borders of the United States causing multiple agencies to respond and the end result was a media blackout. It’s well documented that media blackouts in Mexico are happening because the cartels are threatening reporters and news outlets with bodily harm. The question is why American law enforcement agencies are giving reporters the “We can neither confirm nor deny the incident happened line?”

It was a law enforcement officer on the scene that also confirmed the incident in fact happened and officers on the ground said they “considered this an act of war.”

The cover-up surrounding this story has reverberated throughout other federal law enforcement agencies. A recently retired ICE veteran, John Sakelarides had plenty to say about the latest U.S. incursion.

“What do you call an invasion by foreign nationals who are armed and occupy territory belonging to a sovereign nation? An act of war. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck. Anyone who is denying this is what has occurred and that it constitutes an act of war is either an idiot or is somehow involved in this act of war.”

He continues to say, “If they (those covering-up the story) are elected representatives or government officials and they are aware that an act of war has been perpetrated against the United States, and refuse to admit it has occurred, much less do anything about it, is violating their oath of office.”

The approximate location of the U.S. ranch taken by the Zetas was 10 miles northwest of I-35 off Mines Road and Minerales Annex Road.

The Los Zetas drug cartel is an offshoot of the elite Mexican military trained in special ops, many of whom were trained by the U.S. military. The mercenary organization is said to include members of corrupt Mexican Federales, politicians as well as drug traffickers. The group was once part of the Gulf cartel, but has splintered and now directly competes with the Gulf cartel for premium drug smuggling routes in the Texas region.

The leader of Los Zetas cartel is Heriberto “El Lazca” Lazcano and the Zetas are considered the most violent paramilitary group in Mexico by the DEA. These drug cartels routinely kidnap tourists, infiltrate local municipalities and smuggle large quantities of narcotics into the U.S. marketplace.

A media firestorm ensued after this reporter posted a story on Saturday July 24, 2010. Now that the story is corroborated, it will be up to local media to track down what events took place after the Zetas seized a U.S ranch.

Stay tuned for updates reports throughout the week.

For original story; http://www.examiner.com/x-10317-San-Diego-County-Political-Buzz-Examiner~y2010m7d24-Los-Zetas-drug-cartel-takes-control-2-US-ranches-in-Texas

The police blotter of the Zeta drug cartel seizure of a Laredo, Texas ranch

Kimberly Dvorak

Re: Laredo ranches?

Justin B
“What do you call an invasion by foreign nationals who are armed and occupy territory belonging to a sovereign nation? An act of war. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck. Anyone who is denying this is what has occurred and that it constitutes an act of war is either an idiot or is somehow involved in this act of war.”

Technically he is correct.  Given that the current US president has been compared to Woodrow Wilson. The man who, by picking the winner of the last revolution, changed the fate of Mexican history from a course to private property and free enterprise to that of elitist, authoritarian control.  He also appears to have an inability to comprehend cause and effect, and no administrative skills.

The problem was probably better dealt with "in house".

Re: Laredo ranches?

G.G. de "el Cuatro"
First some background, The nuevo laredo plaza is really a "twin city" plaza. The size and complexity of drug trafficking through an inland port of entry of such size requires coordination by operatives on both sides of the border.

As far back as when I became aware of my surroundings, there have been gunmen on this side of the border associated with whatever kingpin was in power in Nuevo Laredo. There were the Reyes-Pruneda way back who controlled the Nvo Laredo Monterrey corridor (ask any old timer), then Fred Gomez Carrasco, los Tejas, the Gonzalez Bath group, the Gulf Cartel, now the Zetas. All of them at one time or another had hit squads in Laredo. That's just a given.

Could something have happened at a ranch on that day? hell yes. Maybe there was a stash house there and someone went to rob it. Maybe someone owed someone enough money to make a noisy visit inevitable. Quite possibly someone stumbled on a group transferring/ferrying a load of drugs. (That happened to me once-a horrifying experience, let me tell you.). Are there Zetas in Laredo, Yes. But it is not a Zeta invasion from Mexico.

This has been happening ever since my youth in the 70's, and nobody in the U.S. except for Border Patrol, FBI and DEA gave a damn about us. Why all the patriotism now?

This is so wrong on so many levels. As if all that the Webb County Sherriff's dept., The Tx Dept of Public Safety, THE LOCAL TEXAS RANGER in charge of border operations in Laredo (Co. J), and the Border Patrol with all its resources and firepower could only put a couple of unmarked civilian cars on the road and then they let all those Zetas slip by. What an insult to all our law enforcement personnel doing a damn good job on the border. Things would be a hell of a lot worse if not for all their commendable efforts.

(if you have ever travelled any length of the Tx border on the Tx side you know what I mean about the Border Patrol. Of course they can't stop everyone but I would really hate to come up against them. A lot of Iraqi war vets there now itching for a fight)

The original reporter Kimberley Dvorak is a ALI-PAC and teaparty activist from southern california. She is not a "real" journalist.

That other gentleman Sakelarides is a "birther " and tea party activist.

The only evidence is a screenshot of a police blotter? Has Fox news picked up this story? The Washington Times (not the "liberal" Post)?

My brother works way out on the Mines road by the minerales area. He was there that weekend. Nothing happened.

Re: Laredo ranches?

There's always been a group of people just waiting for "the sign" that'll bring forth a cataclysmic event of some sort; that's the nature of these nuts. The search for the sign is kinda of a nebulous, sickening, alarming, putrid concoction of the bible, Nostradamus, your corner palm reader, THE LIBERAL PRESIDENT, famine, weather, the New World Order, the Elder of Zion Protocols, somehow the American Constitution is also in the mix and a host of whatever natural disasters that happen to be in the news, ect, ect, ect... You know the type...    If you ever get a chance to be channel surfing by TBN, there's this old guy named Jack Van Impe peddling videos and books and other stuff with his wife Rosella. I get a chuckle out of watching them, but, it also gives me a stomach ache to think about how all these people are nothing more than ignorant and afraid. It's stomach turning to me how someone can allow themselves to be made afraid by anyone; let alone someone peddling their god in the form of fear.

I sense that "feel" around this non-event. They love to say "Former Mexican Special Forces Deserters" because somehow the alarm is louder. They fail to mention the diluting effect of having any Tom, Dick or Harry call themselves a zeta. There was a time when being a zeta was cool and anybody could become a part of the legend just looking maloso. The zeta's market value has plummeted...     Zetas wanted to be considered a serious criminal organization but all they have become is a public pain in the ass... they'll never have the same unspoken agreement with the public to stay out of their way and even become semi-folk heroes like others have been. They aren't even locals! Nobody knows them! They have no support infrastructure other than what they take by force! Medium and long term...these fuckers are toast.

Zetas are scum, and they will not peacefully hold Monterrey and Laredo for anything more than some fleeting moments. You think they have the brains or guts to take on even the smallest of police departments in the US?   ...NOT...

Point is, anyone on the ground locally knows this... everyone else, especially as far as San Diego, is really just trying to make something out of whatever crumbs of info they can string together......as well intentioned a conduit as they might have tried to have been...

Re: Laredo ranches?

pcorn54

Re: Laredo ranches?

survey

Re: Laredo ranches?

El Regio
What a typical liberal wacko response from El Cuatro....
So should we just roll over and allow it to happen? Just because it has happened before, doesn't make it right.