Lack of consolidation in Mexico's cartels leads to violence in IMO.

Lack of consolidation in Mexico's cartels leads to violence in IMO.

Warpig
The fact that Mexico's cartels really haven't consolidated their power beyond their bases or strongholds leads be to believe there will always be violence in Mexico in terms of cartels or organized crime. This lack of consolidation or consolidation instelf of bases, towns and strongholds leads to barriers and walls from each other. Similar to how the cartels don't typically or can't get into each other's stronholds or HQs because the cartels there act as a wall and they are so deeply ingrained into the local society and culture is vitrually impossible to root them out as in Italy or Japan where the local organized groups have consolidated their terriotory from each other and the police. As long as there isn't a clear wall or barrier from these groups there would always be violence.

Re: Lack of consolidation in Mexico's cartels leads to violence in IMO.

leChef
Interesting theory, Warpig, and thanks for contributing. However, this narco world is ironically almost like pure laissez-faire capitalism, and I am certain it will again end up in a monopoly or at least some true business cartel situation. It is only a matter of capital, production means and government intervention.

If you look at the cartel map over the last 30 years, you will see how it has shifted many times. It is a highly dynamic market. There a power bases sure, and development in yield versatility, but it is never stagnant.

The key to end violence is to take away the means to their brutality. Wars and corruption cost money so either you make the drug market legal or you take away their income after it is earned by seizing properties and investments, or both.

Re: Lack of consolidation in Mexico's cartels leads to violence in IMO.

Warpig
The fact that they are currently shifting in terms of terrirory or presesnce to be fact proves my hypothesis, real. The cartels have longed lacked presence or significant presence outside their territory or strong hold during the 90s and before. They mostly stuck to their border towns or strongholds(now considered that today), the "plaza" model they go by today is relatively new. Back then they were much smaller groups in terms of presence, size and membership. How they operate today, especially the Gulf Cartel is relitevely new. The "plaza" model is new and started in the 2000s when they started to spread in other territories of Mexico in terms of the "plaza" model which includes retail drug trafficking/sales and extortion. These groups in these new territories lack the consolidation or membership to keep the local structure in tact or together/generationally or through generations like they do in Matamoros or Reynosa for example where the local commanders and bosses are easily replaced. They don't have the same structure or benefit of generational consolidation or territory to do so.

Re: Lack of consolidation in Mexico's cartels leads to violence in IMO.

leChef
I am trying to understand you, but I am not quite sure what you are getting at.

Your theory is that it will always be violence because no group is able to conquer it all and create a crime monopoly?

There have always been plazas, but what you are referring to is the Zetas adoption of the military holding ground tactic. It seems that you are specifically pointing out The Gulf Cartel, which has been Matamoros VS Reynosa VS Nuevo Laredo for a very long time, and I would say there is a strong presence of family in both Matamoros with the Cardenas, and in NL with Trevino Morales.

If you look at other cartels there are also strong family ties, like in CJNG and Sinaloa, even though there is a family feud going on in the latter right now. But again, I am not sure what your point is exactly.

Re: Lack of consolidation in Mexico's cartels leads to violence in IMO.

Warpig
My point is that the cartel's hasn't or haven't/can't create strongholds in other "plazas" because law enforcement is constantly cracking down on them creating vacuums other groups quickly fill creating conflict. This is want I meant by not creating long term presence and cultural or rooting themselves on local society like in Matamoros, Reynosa and other border towns that for years and decades drug trafficking cartels have largely operated and created a local culture subculture "fill" that permeates all levels of society and hence creating culture strongholds for long term establishment. My suspicion that you don't know about Mexico's history or at least drug trafficking organization in Mexico came in suspect of you not knowing what a "maruchero" is. No disrespect leChef but are you even Mexican or Mexican descent?

Re: Lack of consolidation in Mexico's cartels leads to violence in IMO.

Cuidado
thanks capt obvious any other insight you have for us?