Knight Templar Chief Hitman apprehended + 45 Tons of Meth Chemical

Knight Templar Chief Hitman apprehended + 45 Tons of Meth Chemical

Note:  I thought I would add this video of a Knights Templar Convoy  I lost count of vehicles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iAAgrWV7qo&feature=related
and Chivos apprehension...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=001VArWkIpw&feature=player_embedded
------------------------------
MEXICO CITY — Mexico’s federal police have caught the top hitman for the Knights Templar drug gang in the western state of Michoacan, authorities said Wednesday.

Federal police allege that suspect Javier Beltran Arco oversaw murders for the meth-trafficking gang. Beltran Arco is known by the nickname “El Chivo,” or The Goat.

A federal police statement said that two suspected cartel lookouts had been detained with Beltran Arco, along with three assault rifles and about two pounds (0.8 kilograms) of methamphetamines.

Police also found books, clothing and banners referring to the Knights Templar, the statement said.

The gang split off recently from La Familia, a Michoacan-based drug cartel that also uses quasi-religious rhetoric and instructional material.

Also in Michoacan, authorities announced the seizure of 44 metric tons of chemicals used to produce methamphetamine. The material was found at the Lazaro Cardenas seaport in two containers that had been shipped from Shanghai in China. The majority of chemicals for meth is derived from China.

Re: Knight Templar Chief Hitman apprehended + 45 Tons of Meth Chemical

Bones
Damn! That sea port is always poppin

Re: Knight Templar Chief Hitman apprehended + 45 Tons of Meth Chemical

They are still going to survive as long as they can produce the amounts of meth that 45 tons of precursor chemicals would produce.  But, who's shipment was it?  Thats the question.

Re: Knight Templar Chief Hitman apprehended + 45 Tons of Meth Chemical

imjustagirl
This may sound horribly naive, or perhaps just horrible, but why are these dreadful "top hitmen" sorts always apprehended.  Can't they just be shot on sight?  I'm not sure this guy has any civil rights to observe.

Re: Knight Templar Chief Hitman apprehended + 45 Tons of Meth Chemical

Viva Paz!
I would imagine most of these top level "hitmen" do not get shot on sight because they arrange deals to be taken peacefully so they can give crucial info for sentence reductions or whatever. I cant imagine with the MX military opening fire on convoys and armored trucks on sight, that they would hold fire because they see a top level "hitman" in a truck or hideout. The only people who really know are the top level "hitmen" and the MX government.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." -West African Proverb

Re: Knight Templar Chief Hitman apprehended + 45 Tons of Meth Chemical

I am sure there are deals cut at times, but obviously mostly there is no deal ...which of the three below do you guess cut a deal? "Nacho" o Edgar o Tormenta?

Re: Knight Templar Chief Hitman apprehended + 45 Tons of Meth Chemical

Oh my girl!  Not horrible to me, though I struggle with it a bit.  I guess how I reconcile it is thinking its ok and in fact good if a "known" cartel bastard is killed especially capos and assassins.  My head is at war over my heart with this one...

paz

Haha my point exactly Buela. Crazy thing is I may have played football against La Barbie in highschool. Small world.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." -West African Proverb

Re: Knight Templar Chief Hitman apprehended + 45 Tons of Meth Chemical

I know!  Point well taken.  Rumors and confirmation of a deal to surrender were made public after Edgar was apprehnded, remember?  I always put a lot of meaning behind the Barbie smile.  Rumors were he was an informant and after the recent article about that I thought, hmmmm maybe it is so?

I think in time we will know, if he is an informant with the US it will be interesting to learn exactly when, I have an "out there" theory but nothing I want to share at this time, but I will say I would not be surprised that he is an information, a narco mole that had been so for a very long time.

Re: Knight Templar Chief Hitman apprehended + 45 Tons of Meth Chemical

Viva Paz, you said maybe they make a deal to be taken peacefully in return for a reduction in sentence or whatever.  When was the last time you saw one of these scum sentenced?  The only deal would be whether they were held for 3 or 4 days, or 3 or 4 months before being released for "lack of evidence".  Like Buela, I wrestle with the shoot on sight policy.  I believe in the "rule of law", but sometimes like Wyatt Earp in Tombstone, or Matt Dillon in Dodge City, you have to take out some bad guys in order to have a rule of law.  Another possibility to explain the peaceful captures is if "Shorty" or one of the top Z's wanted his head, the Army might be the lesser of 2 evils.

Re: Knight Templar Chief Hitman apprehended + 45 Tons of Meth Chemical

Viva Paz!
Haha good point DD, I guess useful narco info given to the MX government gets you a quick release. It may contradict my name a bit but I am all for the shoot on sight deal, these narcos have been running there game wide open for too long. Like I have said before Mexico deserves peace by any means necessary. I know the shoot on sight policy has some innocent bystanders who get caught in the fight at times and I hate that but even without the shoot on sight policy you still hear of innocent bystanders getting gunned down pretty often.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." -West African Proverb