Kids are safe back home-but parents too fearful for Ranch stay..IS NIGHT TRAVEL FROM Piedras Negras to Acuna and Saltillo

Re: IS NIGHT TRAVEL FROM Piedras Negras to Acuna and Saltillo safe?

El Regio
I would say between 6am and 10am, that is the time I usually travel on the roads in Mexico.

Re: IS NIGHT TRAVEL FROM Piedras Negras to Acuna and Saltillo safe?

Thanks for the reminder about trolls.  I tend to try and treat them as curious humans and try and answer Qs.  I was thinking myabe I had misjudged this troll, but then came the part about finding " cheap ones" in Mata...YUK.I have an adorable little guy with HIV I pay for his monthly travel to DF for treatment, he goes with his Buela who is raising him, his mom died of AIDs when he was 20 mos, she was one of the "cheap ones"

Re: IS NIGHT TRAVEL FROM Piedras Negras to Acuna and Saltillo safe?

El Regio
Yeah I understand Buela, I too tried answering trolls questions but then it became evident that they weren't here for an honest discussion but rather to cause trouble. Frankly I was becoming as annoying as them because I kept trying to make sense of their nonsense. lol

Re: IS NIGHT TRAVEL FROM Piedras Negras to Acuna and Saltillo safe?

BTW...thank you so much for the private emails and input.
I am especially interested in the person who stopped going day or night thru those roads.
Are you American?  I only ask because we seem way more cautious than Mx...you can send via email if you prefer..I appreciate your comments everyone.

I have many projects not only in my state, so if any of you are looking for humanitarian volunteer work, I know college kids often do, just send an email to me, and tell me what you are interested in.  If not with me than one of my many foundation associates I can connect you with.  A great, interesting project is Chiapas and working with the Zapatistas.  A real opportunity, it has taken 2 years to gain trust.  Many young people from Europe work as volunteers in Chiapas.  In fact Europe does more for the Zapas than any other country.

My Buela was Mayan..so there lies a special, personal interest.

Re: IS NIGHT TRAVEL FROM Piedras Negras to Acuna and Saltillo safe?

jajajajajajaja!!!!!  that was very funny!  and so well stated, exactly my problem trying to make sense of nonsense

Re: IS NIGHT TRAVEL FROM Piedras Negras to Acuna and Saltillo safe?

Frontera
Buela: “I am especially interested in the person who stopped going day or night thru those roads.
Are you American?”

Buela to further expand on our email to you and yes we are American with family on both sides.

Our business requires multiple travel times within the region mentioned, preferably in daylight hours to inspect prior to purchase – we should state ‘was required’ now adjustments have been made.

We stopped all travel – at night you expect issues, but same started cropping up during daylight hours.

A new General was recently brought in and he has been rattling cages which pushed vermin in their holes….. we’ll see how long that lasts until a deal is cut.

Re: IS NIGHT TRAVEL FROM Piedras Negras to Acuna and Saltillo safe?

Excellent!  Here is why I asked; I place more value on Americans that travel on a regular basis in Mx, than MXs.  Mexicans turn a blind eye, think I am nuts for thinking there is so much violence on the frontera. SO when they say it is safe I gaive little credibility.  It is changing, in fact the directors were the first to say they were in fear of night travel.  And yesterday they had to calm the fears of the parents saying the ranch is safe "it is a church ranch".  and that is a first also.  that tells me things have definately taken a turn towards escalating violence.

thanks for your comment

Re: Kids are safe back home-but parents too fearful for Ranch stay..IS NIGHT TRAVEL FROM Piedras Negras to Acuna and Saltillo

My kids are safe back home

i just posted some pics including one from one of the press articles..

thank you to all that gave advice...it is a scary time in Coahuila

Re: Kids are safe back home-but parents too fearful for Ranch stay..IS NIGHT TRAVEL FROM Piedras Negras to Acuna and Saltillo

drtexas
Buela,

       Happy to hear that you and the children made it through without incident. I admire you for what you do. :)

~La Negra
12