KUDOS to the BRAVE MEN who fought evil yesterday.

Re: KUDOS to the BRAVE MEN who fought evil yesterday.

Why are you calling out kid like that?  Are you saying only liberals are compassionate?

I am compassionate, my heart bleeds, and I am republican.  But my political alliance doesn't dictate to me who how to vote, or how to think.  It simply says the platform of fiscal conservatisms, strong defense little gov, small business cheerleading fits with me.

I will say in 12 years I am yet to find a 501c3, ngo or any charity that is founded and operated by liberals in mexico or CA.

I guess once you get away from the far far right kooks, and the far far left crazies the rest of us have more in common than not, no matter how we vote.

Re: KUDOS to the BRAVE MEN who fought evil yesterday.

dd check your email, an update of my status....:(

Re: KUDOS to the BRAVE MEN who fought evil yesterday.

Bajadrone-2

Re: KUDOS to the BRAVE MEN who fought evil yesterday.

Thanks you DD and Chivis for the kind words. I don't know what kind of point Jose Salazar is trying to make by saying I'm a liberal, but I don't think analyzing the situation before working on a solution is a particularly liberal idea, in the context of modern politics in the United States.

Even though Thinktank says they are aware of the context of government operations in Mexico, I think it's fairly obvious he is not, when he blindly believes those behind Operacion Jalisco are the good guys.

Thinktank blindly believes that those who were arrested or killed are operatives for a cartel, without considering the history of the government parading whoever they can before the cameras and calling them bad guys. Sometimes they really are bad guys and sometimes not.

Re: KUDOS to the BRAVE MEN who fought evil yesterday.

dcm90

Re: KUDOS to the BRAVE MEN who fought evil yesterday.

Siskiyou_Kid
ThinkTank revealed that they lack a moral compass, when they categorize the federal forces as 'good' and those being attacked as 'evil' in Operacion Jalisco, yet in another thread, ThinkTank in unable to discern that it is immoral and simply wrong for a Border Patrol agent to walk away with impunity after shooting a kid who is [in all probability] innocent of wrong doing.

The kid was in the wrong place at the wrong time, when the BP agent decided to kill instead of moving out of range of rock throwers. This is morally reprehensible, just as it's morally reprehensible when a criminal gang kills innocent bystanders.

It appears that ThinkTank blindly follows government authority as being 'good' and those who oppose authority as being 'evil'. This is a dangerous proposition in cases where those who wear government uniforms are more likely to be found working for the criminals than the common good.

Re: KUDOS to the BRAVE MEN who fought evil yesterday.

tuSancho
Talk about a reset... some of your ranting sounds jihadist.  For example:

"Which side of the line are you on?"

"Do something positive."

First, don't go around preaching and telling others what to do.  See that avitar of mine?  It's in your face for a reason.

Second, you say you do but your words and rants say you don't understand the conditions leading to the point Mexico is at today.  A proper analysis and assessment is necessary before taking action, like doing something positive.

But you don't seem to understand some underlying universal principles.  In particular, here, velocity and position cannot be simultaneously measure.  Pick one, or the other.  Then consider both measurements when making an evaluation.  This is a very simple concept drawn from physics.

To make an evaluation as to future action or to take action, the data revealed by analysis and assessment and the corresponding understanding of the events as they are transpiring over time gives rise to clear thinking.

You want to ignore how Mexico got to this place and just jump in like Rambo... a jihadist out to save the world from evil.  For you, evil is an impoverished teen-ager, impressionable with an undeveloped brain, quickly hooked on free meth and bling, whose life has been taken over by predators.

Go ahead, kill the kid... it will make you feel better.  Don't change the conditions that lead up to the eventuality... just kill, kill, kill.

Most rational people don't think your way or take that approach in doing positive things.

PS - have you had a health check recently?  I have a suspicion that zombies came in and replaced your spine with a notochord.

PD - I don't want to talk to you but thanks for the invite... no polarity change needed.  But I love how you have created a new language... ThinkTank talk.   "A couple of you guys are going to have to completely reverse the polarity of your mindset if you want to talk further with me." =equals, in english= "If you guys don't agree with me I am going to pout."

Re: KUDOS to the BRAVE MEN who fought evil yesterday.

tuSancho

Re: KUDOS to the BRAVE MEN who fought evil yesterday.

1966tinman
For those of  us who have grown up in a Mexican society that has lost the ideals of the Mexican Revolution and have witnessed the moral decay  , the blame should go to every sector of the Mexican nation .  I have often railed against the corruption ,  but I have found it necessary to  pay bribes to resolve personal , as well as business dealings . I have criticized the political shenanigans of the all powerful PRI , but I longed for the good ol' days when the " Partido " was toppled by the PAN from 2000 to 2012 . Today ,the actions of the government in regard to the violence perpetrated by the narco-insurgency is within the duties of any government that is entailed with providing for the security of its law abiding citizens . To many times the human rights organizations fail to see that criminals and anarchist students care little about the lives of ordinary citizens , and therefore are to blame for their own demise .  A strong response and take-no-prisoners approach to violent criminals is what is needed to combat the enemies of Mexico and its law abiding citizens .

Re: KUDOS to the BRAVE MEN who fought evil yesterday.

Siskiyou_Kid
I think you have missed the elephant in the room, just as ThinkTank did. While you briefly touch on the issue of corruption, which is the reason organized crime has overrun Mexico, you forget about the only solution that can drag society from the abyss: Justice.

While it is apparent you yearn for good old days of the 1960's and 1970's, when death squads dragged student leaders from their beds, never to be heard from again, you should know that these tactics never went away, they just got better at hiding the bodies.

It doesn't matter whether narcos, the government, or the wealthy elite are doing the killing, as long as murders are committed with impunity, the long spiral into the moral abyss will continue. The theories over the murders of the 43 normalistas briefly touched on the idea that they may have been incinerated at a nearby army base. If true, this could be the answer to what has happened to the bodies of thousands of victims, from Juarez to Tuxla Gutierrez.

Yes, many of these bodies are in mass graves, some discovered, while thousands more wait to reveal their macabre contents. However, it has been apparent for decades that the military is involved in at least some portion of the disappearances, and their use of incinerators would indicate more widespread involvement.

But I digress. Impunity for murder has left a society that places very little value on a human life. There are now children willing to kill without questions for $50. It is now so common for suspects to die in police custody, that nobody bats an eyelash, and questions over their guilt or innocence in the crime they were originally arrested for come as a careless afterthought. Yes, careless. Nobody could care less.

Without a justice system that at least approaches an image of fairness and impartiality, the corruption, the killings, and the massive number of people involved in organized crime, will continue on unabated, without a beginning or an end, just more business as usual.

Re: KUDOS to the BRAVE MEN who fought evil yesterday.

Bajadrone-2

Re: KUDOS to the BRAVE MEN who fought evil yesterday.

Siskiyou_Kid
Bajadrone,

Thank you for the complement. I've aspired to write for some time, but I have trouble staying focused, which is probably a good thing because I have plenty of responsibilities, including a wife and two beautiful young daughters.

Re: KUDOS to the BRAVE MEN who fought evil yesterday.

we have discussed our political ideology long ago, I found it was similar to mine.
I just don't understand why anyone has to resort to striking back by inserting something irrelevant to the discussion, in an attempt to  disparage another.  Not that the comment was particularly disparaging but it felt that the author considerate as such.

Re: KUDOS to the BRAVE MEN who fought evil yesterday.

Brownie   :)

if you are to pick an ass to kiss, that would be one of the better ones.

Not in a Brokeback Mountain way, in a giving props way

BTW kid has written a few pieces for BB.  I posted them on MB

Re: KUDOS to the BRAVE MEN who fought evil yesterday.

Lively discussion boys.Very interesting and intellectual comments.Love it.
12