KKK and Mexican Cartels

Havana

Business Union Between Cartels and Ku Klux Klan?
Reported by: Erica Proffer
Last Update: 4/20 7:37 pm

Print Story | Share

HIDALGO - They hate any other race but agree on one color: green, as in dollars. Intelligence experts say white supremacy groups are teaming up with Mexican drug cartels to increase their bottom line. They're operating here in the Valley.

Odd-shaped bundles, odd markings down the side, an odd alliance, with thousands of pounds of drugs seized every day, one load stands out.

“They've been modifying their bundles into long cylinder packages,” says Hidalgo police Capt. Robert Vela

The drugs were pushed through a city of Hidalgo drain. Lettering down the side indicates someone else may be in cartel territory. Bold letters reading “KKK” identify the load.

“They do have markings on them. Of course, we always ask for the assistance of the federal agencies. They have more intelligence on these matters,” says Vela.

The feds wouldn't comment. So, we went to our drug experts. STRATFOR analysts study Mexican drug cartels. They tell CHANNEL 5 NEWS cartels mark their loads for inventory.

“They're moving so much dope. It's a way to keep tabs on where the dope is moving, who it's going to, which stash house it's going to be staged at, which ranch. It could end up on either Mexico or the Texas side and where it's to be distributed from there,” says Fred Burton, STRATFOR vice president of intelligence.

Burton says he wouldn't be surprised if these letters represent a new alliance: the Ku Klux Klan teaming up with Mexican drug cartels.

“These kinds of criminal enterprises make strange bedfellows as everybody is trying to make money,” says Burton.

Other white supremacy groups have already made the alliance.

“We have seen some intelligence to indicate the Aryan Brotherhood are involved with the Mexican cartels in running dope, predominately in Texas,” says Burton.

They run the routes through the Rio Grande Valley.

“If you look at these organizations, they're mottos are opposite. The Aryan Brotherhood hates everybody, but for whatever reason, they found a good business model to work with the Mexican cartel to move drugs and weapons and stolen vehicles,” says Burton.

If the Ks mark a new drug alliance hate group, the Hidalgo bust would be the first piece of evidence, the first for the Valley, the first for the United States.

“You're looking at codes based on shipments predicated on their supply chain,” says Burton.

We looked through our old stories. Many loads have special markings, mostly numbers. Not all identifying marks are released. A bust last November near Mission had markings of “El Metro 3” and “CDG.” We know the Gulf Cartel operates just across the river.

“I have not seen other white supremacy or white hate groups work and associated with the cartels. … Would it surprise me to find there is evidence to that? Not really,” says Burton.

A federal source told us the KKK marks identify a distributor up north. It's going to a person that hasn't been identified. We don't know if that person is part of any white supremacy unit. The local cartel source denies the link.

Re: KKK and Mexican Cartels

I saw this last week and my first thought was no way.  But as I got over the first reaction I began to think and honestly bottom line this is separate and apart from any ideology, predjudices, likes or dislikes, its simply business.

Re: KKK and Mexican Cartels

man those letters could mean anything. These people are almost blindly speculating.

Re: KKK and Mexican Cartels

El Regio
agreed...

Re: KKK and Mexican Cartels

Cuete
THis dont suprise me one bit in the pinta the AB fucks with the eme whenever shit kicks off