Just got back from Mexico and my cartel related experience

Kab

Just got back from Mexico and my cartel related experience

Kab
In my week in Mexico I only had two cartel related experiences.

My first day in Guanajuato, my family and I went to the Corralejo Tequila plant by Penjamo, Guanajuato.  On our way back, right outside Abasalo, mire un encovijado.  A body wrapped up in a blanket with the mans boots pointing my way, they were brown.

On my last day on my way back to the USA, we went through Cuahuila and we passed a narco check point right before hitting Sabinas.  At the check point there were two civilians with bullet proof vests carrying assault rifles on both sides of the road.  Another two men were stopping Taxi drivers going into the city.  On the side of the road they were checking one of the taxi cars while another was just getting pulled over.  A little nerve racking but I'm glad they let us pass through with no issues.  On our way to town, there was a lone Federal officer heading the way of the check point  My guess that the narcos were Zetas.

As a side note, Monclova is a shit hole of a city.  Disguting place with a bunch of banners saying something along the lines, "Lo logramos!" which seem ironic seeing what a nasty place Monclova is.

That was my narco related experience I wanted to share with you guys! :)

Re: Just got back from Mexico and my cartel related experience

Bajadrone-2

Re: Just got back from Mexico and my cartel related experience

My first dead body was a horrible sight, mostly because of decomposition, we were walking to my fave place for tacos, forget the tacos I couldn't eat for weeks.  call it the decomposition diet.  YUK

Your Zeta stop is exactly where I experience my one and only narco stop.  I was narco newbie, thank God or I would have fainted, which is what my assistant almost did.  He got physically ill.  With us they ordered us out of the car and told to sit on the dirt at the side of the road, I was not allowed to take my purse. It was Zetas.  It is a story a have always wanted to share the entire story, but have held back.  That experience and the one in Nvo Laredo where we eluded kidnappers, were the two most scary times in Mexico, and I have been working in Mexico for 11 years.  In places of violence, Tamps, Coa, Nvo Leon, Chih and others

I was going to ask you where the city you named as disgusting was because it was unfamiliar to me, but I see you changed the spelling to Monclova of which I am very familiar.

Thanks for sharing

Re: Just got back from Mexico and my cartel related experience

Sintek
Had a similar story when visiting family in Oaxaca a few years back.

Friends and family were gonna meet up in my native village, but its quite off the main road so travel between the nearest city was a 2 hour drive on some pretty rough terrain. Me and a cousin were in town and decided we'd be responsible for drinks and supplies to supplement what everyone else had already brought just to make sure we had enough. Anyway around 5 or so we realized it was getting dark and we left about an hour and a half into the ride we get stopped by some folks in military uniforms

. A military checkpoint no big deal, so we explain we're from X village and they ask to check the car. At most we had $70.00 in supplies, and the car was a pretty beat up pick up. They asked what it was for and we said funeral celebrations, they let us go after 10 minutes. About 40 minutes later close to where we would have gotten off the main roadway another checkpoint was set up. My cousin was frustrated and asked why the hell the military had set up their checkpoints so close to one another. An older guy looked at as and yelled "What the fuck did you just say", my cousin apologized and said " You guys stopped us about half way from here to Y town, and wasted like 10 minutes going through our stuff".

Those dudes yelled to each other to get on their trucks and hauled ass northward.

When it occurred to us what happened I swear any coal between my asscheeks would have come out diamonds.

Re: Just got back from Mexico and my cartel related experience

jlopez
This brings up an interesting observation, only partially related to this thread. As you know, Sean Penn gave an interview with Charlie Rose about S. Penn's Chapo interview. Penn said that while going to meet with Chapo, they were stopped at a military checkpoint. When the soldiers saw that it was Chapo's son driving, they just waved them through. Osorio Chong issued an angry denial, claiming S. Penn was lying when he claimed the military were protecting Chapo. Surprisingly, some commentators from Sinaloa agreed with Osorio Chong, saying that the Sinaloa cartel sicarios routinely dress in military clothing and use the same type of weapons, so they easily pass for soldiers. Interesting.

Re: Just got back from Mexico and my cartel related experience

DURANGO1
Wow I never actually saw a dead body just sW the ambulances and such. Funny u mention Laredo in 08 we crossed on a Sunday and thought u could legalize that same day. Had bunch of sketchy characters offer the paperwork same day....intuition said wait so we retreated to a hotel quite a drive it was secure so we avoided any further run ins.

In durango narco run ins where common from narco soldier checkpoints to back when I was naive going to narco fiestas. The world is different when u are Innocent enough. At 18 seeing a rNdom airplane in the sierra at night wasn't all out of the ordinary. Come think of it once going from town to town i the distance saw a bit of flames in the distance...the driver joked that an if plane would be landing shortly and ppl where holding torches to mark the runway perse. Boy fifteen years go in a blur.....also last time in 08 was questioned by individuals but nothing came of it after realizing I was a tourist and posed no threat. Guess depending where u go live you get different aspects of the narcos.

Re: Just got back from Mexico and my cartel related experience

I created this to give my family and friends a little chuckle but thought I'd share

penn says the capture was 2 months after the interview.  but just s he complained about chapo not having english speakers around him (he does of course including his son who was at the interview) how about Penndejo from LA and can't find someone to figure out what Mex Gob said.  They said it was the series of communications and meetings between the penn group and chpao's people and he himself that gave them information they needed to create a network of communication and safe locations used by chapo.

true or not they did provide telephoto photos and communication material to back it up.

Re: Just got back from Mexico and my cartel related experience

SLPal100
In my 28 years of traveling to México 2-3 times a year i have never had a problem, only people who ever give me trouble are transito in Monterrey

Re: Just got back from Mexico and my cartel related experience

Moros

Re: Just got back from Mexico and my cartel related experience

Kozmoz
Hey buddy im from Monclova.
I always found my city very interesting. My family has told me so many narco stories of Monclova and nearby towns. I remember a close friend telling me about how his town was destroyed by los zetas and that there was hundreds of people missing all because someone betrayed someone. A few years later I read up on vice about the whole Allende incident and realized how true it was but my friend had a different story to it.

Crazy stuff indeed.

Re: Just got back from Mexico and my cartel related experience

2-3 times a year is not much odds are in your favor.
I had an apt in Mty for almost 4 years and would travel from Coahuila or del rio where I had a house, to mty or tamps, or all around coa to my offices and apt.  odds were against me.

and yet I have only experienced a couple of scary experiences.  One other was leaving SMA in Tamps where were were at the Mier refugee shelter and we got kicked out, long story Ovemex wrote about it on MB, but we ran late and left after dark, we had to stop and stay in Reynosa because of a raging balacera.  No one would talk even after we were safe in a hotel, we were still in shock..  My photographer was the first to speak.  he said "I know what I will have to do with my pay, buy new underwear".

we could hear the shootout for hours.  That shootout made the news 8 were killed.  But many do not.  My office staff was petrified in Saltillo as a 4 hr long shootout ensued.  We also had two in front of our office, the marina and zetas.  that made the news.  3 killed and two mothers injured as they waited for their kids in front of the school.

Re: Just got back from Mexico and my cartel related experience

I also was surprised KAB said that about Monclova, has it changed in the past 2 years?  Now I want to go there to see what's up

Re: Just got back from Mexico and my cartel related experience

Kozmoz
Have not been there in years but I can assure you Monclova has been getting better. It used to be worse when I was a child absolutely no law enforcement. When you would call the cops they would straight up tell you they would only show up if you had gas money. Now it seems to be more enforcement going on but I guess its the business's putting the pressure for more police.

I was not surprised by Kabs statement. When I say im from Monclova people always respond with "Ahhh Monclova la Bella" really sarcastically. I think its a great place. Although I have not been there in a while, I mainly hear positives aside from the Zeta stories I get told.

Re: Just got back from Mexico and my cartel related experience

thank you!

Re: Just got back from Mexico and my cartel related experience

El Doble J
Guys top these...once bumped into a beheaded body still squirting blood while going to the store. Another time in plain day light sitting in traffic witnessed a hit. Later found out it was the neighbors son who was taken out for stealing.

Re: Just got back from Mexico and my cartel related experience

Yuk person was still alive,must have just been done couple minutes before right on site.You must have had nightmares for awhile.That's way too close for comfort!

Not really I've had medical related experience so it was more like a WOW moment and let me get out of here before they come back.
Mtz

Sound like wonderful relaxing trip. I guess I will stay home. Thanks for the Report
Kab

Re: Just got back from Mexico and my cartel related experience

Kab
Mtz wrote
Sound like wonderful relaxing trip. I guess I will stay home. Thanks for the Report
Not all parts are like that.  Guanajuato as a state is a safe place, especially the tourist areas like the capital Guanajuato, Guanajuato.  I kid you not, there is nothing narco related in the city of Guanajuato because they, local government, have a tight lid on things there.  You can be out late at night in that city and nothing will happen to you which is what I did when I went to the Buffalo Negro Bar in the outskirts of the capital....

That's a different story for another time.

Now if you do that on one of the border cities it's a whole different story.

Regarding my Molclova comment, it was a very polluted, poor looking, nervous people all around type of city.  Looks like the type of place the Narcos have infested, which I'm sure they had.  That is why Molclova in my opinion is a shit hole.  Didn't help that all the ironic "Lo Logramos!" banners were hunged everywhere and the ex-state governor got arrested in Spain for corruption.

Re: Just got back from Mexico and my cartel related experience