Juan Pablo Ledezma

El17
His wiki page has him as the current leader of La Linea

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Pablo_Ledezma

And more recently,  the feds have him killed by CDS in Chapos trial.

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2018/07/el-chapo-case-gov-claims-conspiracy.html?m=1

Does anyone know how and when he was killed?  And by who?

Re: Juan Pablo Ledezma

Navalato, Sinaloa, 2010

Re: Juan Pablo Ledezma

Parro
And the current leader of La Linea is ???  and the current leader of Juarez cartel ??

Re: Juan Pablo Ledezma

Cuidado
What about Mario Nunez el m10? I cant recall did Chapo have him wacked too?

Re: Juan Pablo Ledezma

Char

Re: Juan Pablo Ledezma

El17
Care to elaborate?

Re: Juan Pablo Ledezma

That's all I know really, except there was some rumors that it was his own people who killed him, and he was known as a hard line leader.
MX

Re: Juan Pablo Ledezma

MX
Source?

Re: Juan Pablo Ledezma

No real source, just the years of reading and bits and pieces here and there from the Chapo Guzman discovery, and books about Juarez.  Someone like JL doesn't just retire, they get captured or die.  And for whatever reason, I imagine Navaloto isn't the most media friendly place, his death was never officially confirmed, but it's pretty common knowledge in those circles, I would think, though even those circles are mostly long dead or vanished, the JL era was a decade ago.

Re: Juan Pablo Ledezma

El17
Thank you for the info.  That makes sense.  Like you said guys like him dont retire.  I wonder why wiki has him as the current leader.  They gotta update that.  There is so little know about the guy it's interesting to me.

Can you recommend any good books on Juarez?

Re: Juan Pablo Ledezma

El17
They have him on wiki born in 1987 and 31 now.  So the end of his era a decade ago he was 21?  How long was he in charge of La Linea?  Maybe the dates are wrong.

Re: Juan Pablo Ledezma

Charles Bowden "Murder City" and 'El Sicario", and Diana Valdez Washington "The Killing Fields"

I would guess he would be closer to 45 if he was still alive.  This was also before the instagram era of narcos, or right as that shifted, and guys like him were brought up under a different generation.

Re: Juan Pablo Ledezma

El17
I'm a big fan of Charles Bowden,  Blackhawk Down and Killing Pablo.  Both great books.  I didnt know he did a book on Juarez.  Thank you for the heads up sir.

Re: Juan Pablo Ledezma

Mark Bowden is who you are thinking of, Black Hawk Down, Killing Pablo, Doctor Dealer, and The Last Stone Unturned, from this year.  Charles Bowden did a lot about Juarez and the Southwest, his defining work for many, which I forgot to mention is Down By The River, about the killing of a DEA agent in El Paso, during the early 1990's, and Amado Carillo's reign.