José Maria Guizar “z-43” “Charly” captured by Navy.

José Maria Guizar “z-43” “Charly” captured by Navy.

Char

Re: José Maria Guizar “z-43” “Charly” captured by Navy.

Char
I broadly acknowledge the research work of the elements of the @SEMAR_mx, in coordination with the civilian intelligence agencies, for the important capture of one of the 122 priority objectives for the Federal Government.

El Charly controled from what I know Chiapas.

Re: José Maria Guizar “z-43” “Charly” captured by Navy.

Wolf88
Could this be the mythical "Wero-74"???

Re: José Maria Guizar “z-43” “Charly” captured by Navy.

ToPHeR
Major hit to CDN

Re: José Maria Guizar “z-43” “Charly” captured by Navy.

Itzli
In my opinion, this is a major arrest that may have far reaching consequences. The status of Z-43 is debatable, he was definitely a member of Los Zetas but it seems he leads the "Zetas del Sur" faction and was allegedly responsible for attacks and banners in Nuevo Laredo against the CDN.

Since this was posted I have poking around for new information and just now started seeing reports that he was arrested in the Roma colonia of the Cuauhtémoc delegation in Mexico City.

Re: José Maria Guizar “z-43” “Charly” captured by Navy.

dcm90

Re: José Maria Guizar “z-43” “Charly” captured by Navy.

Itzli
Unfortunately, the status of "El Chuta" and any possible connections to the Zetas del Sur of Z-43 are unclear in my previous research.

Looking through the news write-ups from today, El Universal reported some background details about Z-43 in its article:

"...the commissioner of National Security, Renato Sales Heredia...commented that in 1998 he began his drug activities in Michoacan, until 2001 when he transferred his operations to Tamaulipas. He identifies that in 2001 he began to recruit in Palenque, Chiapas, in able to take control of the plaza. While in 2007 he began with the trafficking of drugs in a route Columbia-Mexico, crossing via Guatemala"

I should have went back from the beginning to my prior research, as I wrote a mainboard article about "Z-43" in November 2014:

The United States Department of State announced on Tuesday, November 12, a reward of $5 million for information leading to the arrest of José María Guizar Valencia, whom they describe as a commander of a faction of Los Zetas in southern Mexico responsible for annually trafficking thousands of kilograms of cocaine and methamphetamine to the U.S.  He is known to use the aliases of "Amo", "Carlitos" and "Charly" (derived from Carlos, an alternate name he has used), "Chema", and "Z43".

The Department of State lists his date of birth as November 1, 1979 in Tulare, California, making him an American national.  A man by the same name and age was arrested in January 2001 at the Lucio Blanco international airport in Reynosa, Tamaulipas for possession of 9.035 kilograms of cocaine found in his luggage.  This José María Guizar Valencia was reportedly from Palenque, Chiapas.  While there is some uncertainty, circumstantial evidence makes it appear they are one in the same person.

What is certain is that "Z43" at some point was imprisoned in Reynosa, Tamaulipas, and escaped from there in 2005.  He then fled to Huimanguillo, Tabasco, where he went into hiding.  The events of his criminal career in the years thereafter have been unreported, but it is obvious that he was a member of Los Zetas who climbed in stature and power during that time.

His name began to surface on June 8, 2012, when Erik Cardenas Guízar, alias "El Orejón", was arrested while traveling on the Veracruz-Xalapa highway.  "El Orejón" would go on to confess to being a member of Los Zetas in charge of money laundering through construction companies in Tabasco and Veracruz.

Additionally, he provided testimony on the operations of Los Zetas in the region.  In this testimony he mentioned that "Z43" was an associate of Mauricio Guízar Cárdenas, alias "El Amarillo", and of Maxiley Nadales Barahona, alias "Z19".  It is worth noting that "El Orejón " claimed to be a cousin of both "El Amarillo" and "Z43".

On July 19, 2012, three members of Los Zetas, among which was Pedro Hernández Hernández, alias "El Chelo", were arrested in the municipality of Comalcalco, Tabasco.  "El Chelo" would confess to being an operations chief for Los Zetas who had previously been sent to Colombia and Guatemala by "Z43" to negotiate drug trafficking.

The information provided by "El Orejón" and "El Chelo" led to the arrest of "El Amarillo" on July 27 and, thereafter, "Z43", along with six associates, in Villahermosa, Tabasco, on July 31, 2012.  In the report of his arrest, he was described as head of the Tabasco plaza.  It is unclear how much time he spent in prison, though it was clearly brief, all things considered, which raises suspicion.

It was reported that in June 2014 Rubén Oseguera Cervantes, alias "El Mencho", leader of the Cártel de Jalisco Nueva Generación, Vicente Carrillo Fuentes, alias "El Viceroy", leader of the Juárez Cartel, and Fausto Isidro Meza, alias "El Chapo Isidro", who attended in representation of Héctor Beltrán Leyva, alias "El H", leader of the Beltrán Leyva Cartel, met with the leader of Los Zetas, Alejandro Omar Trevino Morales, alias "Z42", who was accompanied by "Z43", in Piedras Negras, Coahuila.  The purpose of this meeting was to form an alliance between these organizations.

Based on this, it is quite apparent that "Z43" is one of the highest ranking active members of Los Zetas, possibly even second in command, and the $5 million reward is quite fitting for this criminal that has managed to fly under the radar for so many years.

Re: José Maria Guizar “z-43” “Charly” captured by Navy.

La Plata
Itzli, I agree that this is a big capture.  If I remember correctly he has always been allied with the Trevino‘s which is why I found it odd that he supposedly signed one of the mantas against CDN in NL. Let’s not forget he supposedly represented Los Zetas along with Z42 at a meeting between allies the Juárez, CJNG, BLO, and Los Zetas cartels, as well supposedly meeting with big time players from Michoacan.  I can’t remember for certain but I know it was in Michoacan, he may have met with Gallegos or possibly remnants of La Familia or Tuta and KT. I can’t remember which group he had ties too but I know for a fact he had strong ties to Apatzingan, Mich where supposedly he owned numerous ranches. Did we ever establish for sure his relationship to in the infamous Z-200 from Guatemala fame? I was under the assumption that Z-200 and Z-43 were one in the same but another board member possibly Bjeff or Tijuano pointed out they were most likely brothers or cousins.
AKA El Plata

Re: José Maria Guizar “z-43” “Charly” captured by Navy.

Char
El Plata

It is my understanding that Z-200 is Mauricio Guizar Cardenes “El Amarillo” Zetas regional boss and former plaza boss of Veracruz. Yeah both el Amarillo and el Charly are cousins but for sure are family.

Re: José Maria Guizar “z-43” “Charly” captured by Navy.

Char
El chuta is from the original Zetas former military.

Z-43 or el Charly  is not an original Zetas member but with captures and deaths became important.

Re: José Maria Guizar “z-43” “Charly” captured by Navy.

Nutcase
El 85s Erick Valencia Salazar release a month or so ago had something to do with this...

Re: José Maria Guizar “z-43” “Charly” captured by Navy.

La Plata
Char,  thank you for clearing that up. If I remember correctly he also had another cousin who went by El Orejon with the first name Erik. I went back and did some digging and supposedly he met with KT leadership El Mas Loco, La Tuta, and El Kike, back in September 2013 forming an alliance behind the back of the CDG. He was also said to be very close with Maxiley Nadales Barahona, 'Z-19', it’ll be very interesting to see what comes of this.

Two quick questions for you, Char. What do you know without Sergio “El Grande” Ricardo Basutro Pena? Is he still active in Los Zetas? Lastly, do you know anything about the death of Rogelio González Pizaña, “El Kelín” or “Z-2”? Supposedly, he was killed and disappeared by Gordo Cherry's Matamoros plaza boss at the time. Was “El Kelin” really trying to takeover Matamoros and was he supported by anyone? When he was released people weren’t sure if he was going to end up CDG or Los Zetas and supposedly he went CDG only to be killed rather quickly, did he just not have the support needed to take over the plaza from Gordo Cherrys?
AKA El Plata

Re: José Maria Guizar “z-43” “Charly” captured by Navy.

Jose Maria Guizar Valencia is the cousin of Mauricio Guizar Cardenas AKA Z200 and Erick Cardenas Guizar AKA El Orejon. He was originally sent to Chiapas/Tabasco from Michoacan along with his brother by the Valencia/Millenium/Los Cuinis cartel. His brother, Antonio Guizar Valencia, was killed in Jan. 22, 2005, by the Palenque cartel connected to the family of Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador AKA AMLO, and Jose Maria Guizar Valencia exacted revenge by killing among others, Jose Martin Flores Torruco, married to the daughter of the brother of AMLO, and PRD mayor in Huimanguillo, Walter Herrera Ramirez, in November 2006.

In 2006 Los Zetas was trying to infiltrate the corridor to control drug shipments from Guatamala, but pretty much culminated with the famous arrest and following shootout of Mateo Dias Lopez in July 2006.

Sometime around 2006 Jose Maria Guizar Valencia must have become Z43 and aligned with los Zetas.

As for Jorge Lopez Perez AKA el Chuta, he was working under Alcides Ramon Magaña AKA El Metro for the Juarez cartel until El Metro was arrested in 2000, and then under Albino Quintero Meraz AKA El Beto, who was arrested in 2002. El Metro and El Beto were said to control 15% of all cocaine shipments to the USA in the late 90s. El Beto also coordinated shipments with Osiel Cardenas.

With his background from the Mexican Army, stationed as a paratrooper in Santa Lucia Air Force Base, El Chuta already knew members of Los Zetas and he was recruited in to the organization by El Kelin in 2002/2003.

Re: José Maria Guizar “z-43” “Charly” captured by Navy.

leChef
El Chuta is still operational and is said to be the link to 'Ndrangheta in Italy.

Re: José Maria Guizar “z-43” “Charly” captured by Navy.

mr.browntown956

Re: José Maria Guizar “z-43” “Charly” captured by Navy.

Nutcase
How come Lazca isn't in that pic? I thought he was at Ardillas wedding?

Re: José Maria Guizar “z-43” “Charly” captured by Navy.

Char
Mr brown

That is a cool picture heavy hitters and very dangerous guys especially la ardilla, Quemado, 40 and  Pompin..

Re: José Maria Guizar “z-43” “Charly” captured by Navy.

Nutcase
Did you notice pompin either has on two different color shoes or a cast on his right leg? In the pic!

Re: José Maria Guizar “z-43” “Charly” captured by Navy.

mr.browntown956
Char , pura gente de aranque.

It was a boot. Se falcio El pie

¡tRuCHAS!

Re: José Maria Guizar “z-43” “Charly” captured by Navy.

Chava
https://www.vanguardia.com.mx/articulo/autoridades-de-cuatro-estados-daban-proteccion-al-z43

Authorities from four states gave protection to 'Z43'

In sight, a former mayor of Tabasco and one of Michoacán, as well as officials from Veracruz and Chiapas; In addition, it is already analyzed if he had support from a corporation in CDMX
The federal government investigates public servants, former officials and politicians who allegedly formed the circle of institutional protection and allowed José María Guízar, El Z43, to operate with impunity for years, identified as the last of Los Zetas' historical leaders.

According to an intelligence report from the national security cabinet, to which MILENIO had access, authorities from Tabasco, Michoacán, Veracruz and Chiapas were co-opted by the alleged criminal leader, arrested this week in Colonia Roma, of the Cuauhtémoc delegation, in Ciudad de Mexico.

In the investigation several federal agencies participate, which also analyze if the stay of more than six months of The Z43 in the capital of the country also had some kind of security and support from members of local corporations.

After the capture of the Zeta leader, the intelligence areas of the Mexican government reopened the investigation regarding the possible link of Guízar with the former mayor of Huimanguillo, Tabasco, Gerald Washington Herrera Castellanos, which dates back to 2012.

In the preliminary investigation SEIDO / UEIDCS / 183/2012 it was established that Mauricio Guízar Cárdenas, El Amarillo, cousin of El Z43, gave Herrera Castellanos luxury vans during his campaign for the municipality in exchange for "favors".

El Amarillo was arrested in July 2012 and is one of the ten Zetas leaders that appear in the photo that MILENIO published this Saturday.

Herrera Castellanos denied it, although several of his collaborators were also involved.

Despite this, the federal authorities investigate political links with the drug trafficker.

The report of the government of the Republic resumed the version of alleged links between the former Zeta leader with Genaro Guízar Valencia, municipal president of Apatzingán, Michoacán, in the period 2008-2011.

Guízar Valencia was imprisoned for almost a year and was released in 2010 for lack of evidence on this alleged complicity.

The government of the Republic also investigates public servants from Veracruz and Chiapas, mainly from justice and police corporations, which would have provided protection to the Los Zetas regional leader.

The federal authorities pointed out that in order to carry out their illicit activities, the Z43 counted "with the apparent complicity of other local and federal authorities, who alerted the operatives so that they could escape or prevent their accomplices from being detained."

They indicated that there are inquiries related to public servants from Tabasco, Veracruz and Chiapas.

José María is involved in at least 17 preliminary investigations initiated by the Attorney General's Office, in addition to the charges for which the US government seeks to be extradited.

Most of the investigations are filed with the Specialized Deputy Attorney's Office for Organized Crime Investigation.

Google translate.
12