Jorge Hank Rhon is released becuase of lack of evidence

Jorge Hank Rhon is released becuase of lack of evidence

_The Magician_

Re: Jorge Hank Rhon is released becuase of lack of evidence

imjustagirl
Big surprise. Sorry for the sarcasm.  This is just more expected disappointment.

Re: Jorge Hank Rhon is released becuase of lack of evidence

El Regio
This is why Mexico is destined to fail.

Re: Jorge Hank Rhon is released becuase of lack of evidence

ArmChairIntellect
Actually I think the problem is worse than that.  He was arrested for political reasons not for breaking the "law", that is the truly sad part.  Insight just posted a very interesting article about the speed and accuracy the Mexican government in high profile cases.  But when 97% of those arrested are released this is very telling of how sick Mexico has become.  The world for that matter is losing a moral compass, you can see it in the lack of empathy for each other, yet I still hold out hope.  For I do see the good in man, I do see our potential, I know we can reform ourselves and come back from the abyss, and I wish for it.  I think we have examine ourselves, our nature, what we want to be and who we want to become, do we want to step forward as one or revert back in our ambivalence toward evil?

Re: Jorge Hank Rhon is released becuase of lack of evidence

Nutcase
Amen ACI...

Re: Jorge Hank Rhon is released becuase of lack of evidence

mofle619
Because he is a multi-billionaire that owns TJ.

Re: Jorge Hank Rhon is released becuase of lack of evidence

EL GUAPO
  You nailed it hoss!  (mofle619)
Contributing journalist to SiriusXM Road Dog Channel #106 and the award winning "The Lockridge Report", Member of TWNA, owner of Mexico Trucker Online,

Re: Jorge Hank Rhon is released becuase of lack of evidence

elotero
That is crazy but when you have as much money as him, he can pay off anyone.  I'm sure he will receive all the weapons that were confiscated from his home too.

Re: Jorge Hank Rhon is released becuase of lack of evidence

Nutcase
Including the two that have known bodies on them that were confiscated from his place. To me thats evidence enough... And what about the murder of Felix "the cat" Miranda who worked for Zeta Mag.? For the next eighteen years, Zeta ran a full-page ad in every issue asking Hank Rhon why FĂ©lix Miranda had been killed. Pretty crazy...

Re: Jorge Hank Rhon is released becuase of lack of evidence

Magic.  The case of Jorge Hank Rhon being arrested back in 2011 for possessing 88 illegal firearms was dismissed ostensibly because his lawyers said there was not evidence the army didn't plant the evidence and because they didn't have a search warrant.  The evidence (or at least most of it was buried on his property and not found in his house.

But that is only a footnote in the history of his illegal activities.  And the corruption is not limited to Mex. His money and power extends in to the highest levels of the US govt.

According to a report by the U.S. National Drug Intelligence Center (NDIC) nicknamed Operation White Tiger, he -and now his two sons- are so involved in drug trafficking and money laundering that they "pose a significant criminal threat to the United States."   A report by the World Policy Institute presented to the U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, described Carlos Hank as the "primary intermediary between the multinational drug trafficking enterprises and the Mexican political system".

The then Attorney General (under Bill Clinton) essentially wrote a letter of apology Mr. Rhon after that report was leaked.  After the "White Tiger Report" was released which stated that the Hank family pose "a significant criminal threat to the United States", the family hired  hired high profile lawyers such as former New Hampshire Senator Warren Rudman and began lobbying the U.S. government to disavow the document. Attorney General Janet Reno eventually wrote the family a letter saying "the report had been improperly leaked and that she could not endorse its conclusions because it had not been properly vetted.  " (This is the same Attorney General who said that the FBI and DEA never fired a shot in the raid on the Branch Davidian compound in Waco and that all of the men, women, and children that died there died from suicide or in the fire which they themselves set).

It has recently come to light that Carlos owns a controlling interest in Laredo National Bank, a $2 Billion bank in the border town that is probably the busiest drug crossing portal into the US.  Possibly his experience owning Laredo National gave him the insight that loaning money was an excellent method of laundering money.

He now has a website called "Carlos Hank Rhon Funding". It  "offers valuable information on a variety of business topics including funding, formation, and organization to help business owners succeed."  In a recent post there there he advised,  "Be cautious, when you consider borrowing money".   At least he is being honest there in effect saying "Buyer Beware".

There is some good info on Jorge and Carlos Hank Rohn right here on BB, you don't have to go to Mundo to find it.  (2 of them just happened to have been posted by me).
 The Carlos Hank Dynasty; From Teacher to Godfather of Mexico and
"You catch them and put together a good case, and they get off free," Calderon Gets a Little Vindication
and one of the best articles I have read about corruption by the oligarchs of Mexico written by un vato on the main board,
Corruption: Edomex, the Example Everyone Follows.
Links to all 3 stories below.

When thinking about the Hank Rhons, don't forget Godfather Carlos Hank Gonzales famous statement "If a politician is not rich, he is a poor politician."

http://borderland-beat-forum.924382.n3.nabble.com/The-Carlos-Hank-Dynasty-From-Teacher-to-Godfather-of-Mexico-tp4038241.html

http://borderland-beat-forum.924382.n3.nabble.com/You-catch-them-and-put-together-a-good-case-and-they-get-off-free-Calderon-Gets-a-Little-Vindication-tp4038138.html

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2012/11/corruption-edomex-example-everyone.html

Re: Jorge Hank Rhon is released becuase of lack of evidence

adam