Joe Tone book about Miguel and Jose Trevino

Joe Tone book about Miguel and Jose Trevino

Feynman
I just saw there's a book about the Zetas horse money laundering story. Has anyone read this?

http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/534990/bones-by-joe-tone/9780812989601/

Re: Joe Tone book about Miguel and Jose Trevino

I have not heard of it, but the author's credentials are good and I read about 3 dozen of the free peek pages.  I spotted a couple factual errors but nothing big, and the info and writing looks very good.

I just wrote to the author.  Usually advance copies are sent to me.  Maybe he will send a copy and I will ask for someone to read it and write a review.

where did you see the book ad?  I hope it is a good book.  problem in knowing too munch on a subject one becomes overly critical.

Did you see my post about CJNG in Saltillo?

BTW folks  this book about the trevinos has 57 free pages to check out at Feyman's link

Re: Joe Tone book about Miguel and Jose Trevino

ENDTHEWAR
Nice find. Will definately check that free preiview out.

Re: Joe Tone book about Miguel and Jose Trevino

Thanks added to my list.

Re: Joe Tone book about Miguel and Jose Trevino

Joe, the author is the editor of Dallas News.  He looks so young!

He responded already to my email saying I was on his list to send an advance copy to and he is now doing that.

So I will read it and write a review and interview him a bit....  but meanwhile check out the free 57 pages.  Well done so far.  I am surprised that there is a book on the Trevinos.  Few in the states know the history, usually focus is on big global names like chapo.

Re: Joe Tone book about Miguel and Jose Trevino

Jacob
There's another book that's similiar coming out soon as well - Bloodlines: The True Story of a Drug Cartel, the FBI, and the Battle for a Horse-Racing Dynasty.

Last week Martin Corona, the former AFO enforcer, released a book. The majority of the book touched upon his upbringing. It was a decent read, but I don't really recommend it.

Re: Joe Tone book about Miguel and Jose Trevino

Jacob
Look up Los Zetas Inc.: Criminal Corporations, Energy, and Civil War in Mexico. It's coming out Aug 15th.

Re: Joe Tone book about Miguel and Jose Trevino

Hola!

The publisher , penquin I think,   has been sent the Martin Corona book  "confessions from a cartel hitman"
I offered the assignment of reading it and reviewing for mainpage to "J", who I thought would do an outstanding job.  One of the main agents in the case is a long time BB follower and one of the principals of the book project.

Let's see what J concludes.

Seems you are a great researcher of narco books.  if you hear of any worth reading send me the title.  PLease.  I am always looking for new books.

BTW the book is getting great reviews ...

Paz

Re: Joe Tone book about Miguel and Jose Trevino

Mica
Dallas News wrote about the book.

Re: Joe Tone book about Miguel and Jose Trevino

joe is the editor of dallas news....anyway I would rather formulate my own opinion if reviewing a book someone sends me....the book is getting great reviews but sometimes it is hard to tell if genuine jif they do not refer to specifics.  Buddy reviews are easily spotted.

Re: Joe Tone book about Miguel and Jose Trevino

yes, this i know about....thank you!

Re: Joe Tone book about Miguel and Jose Trevino

Jacob.... Melissa (author) is sending a copy of her book.

she says she has been a fan o BB for years, and gives us a shout out in the first chapter.

Her book sounds so interesting and different.  it follows the investigators as they unravel the case and it talks about events in Durango, Veracruz and Coahuila when the Zetas were expanding their territory.

can't wait to read it...

Re: Joe Tone book about Miguel and Jose Trevino

Jacob
Hola Chivis,

Hunting El Chapo: The Thrilling Inside Story of the American Lawman Who Captured the World's Most Wanted Drug Lord is coming out in Oct. I usually go to the Amazon website and in the book section search for "cartel" and then sort the publication date to pull the newest results. There's quite a few cartel related books coming out over the coming weeks/months.

Re: Joe Tone book about Miguel and Jose Trevino

I will check it out!  thanks..

Re: Joe Tone book about Miguel and Jose Trevino

For those of you who do audiobooks, it just got released today (Amazon’s Audible.com).  I am a few chapters in and it’s good with a decent sounding narrator.

Re: Joe Tone book about Miguel and Jose Trevino

let me know what you think when finished...

Re: Joe Tone book about Miguel and Jose Trevino

Mica
Bones: Brother, Horses, Cartels, and the Borderland Dream. By Joe Tone Ray Porter (Narrator)
Audbile version: 11 hr, 40 min

I just finished the book this morning and was very impressed with the story and narrator.
The story is right out of Hollywood about a rookie FBI agent who brings down Jose Trevino, the brother of Z40 and Z42.
It details the history of horse racing and how the Zeta cartel infiltrated it.  It’s a very good read and I highly recommend it!  I can see a movie made about it one day!

Re: Joe Tone book about Miguel and Jose Trevino

Nutcase
Mica, I read the free 57 pages from Penguin books and it was a good read.  Funny how los alamitos raceway horse track stables where the buyer Jose Ramiro guajardo who bought all those horses and tempting dash for Poncho and the Zetas is where the young guy Manuel Arnulfo Barajas from this weeks 4.5 million heroin bust in Detroit is from.

Re: Joe Tone book about Miguel and Jose Trevino

the movie rights have been sold

Re: Joe Tone book about Miguel and Jose Trevino

I thought the same thing.  the husband of a good friend of mine, was the director of the track club, for dining parties etc.  he passed away last year but it made me wonder