Javier Valdez journalist is killed

Mica
Rio Doce

The journalist from Ríodoce, Javier Valdez Cárdenas, was murdered a few moments ago in the street Vicente Riva Palacio, between Ramón F. Iturbe and Epitacio Osuna, Colonia Jorge Almada.

According to the first data, also the author of the column Mala Yerba, was driving a red Corolla of recent model, by this road, when subjects intercepted and they shot to him.

Re: Javier Valdez journalist is killed

jlopez
This one really hurts. I have been reading and enjoying Valdez's work for years and have particularly admired his objectivity and his perfect understanding of all things Sinaloense. He was not fooled for one minute by the bullshit that Mexican politicians and government officials put out. His command of Sinaloa vernacular always left me rather envious. He was excellent.

Re: Javier Valdez journalist is killed

Another journalist killed already so soon and he was from a fairly well known publication?Looks like he was killed in the hat from his photo in the top photo.Another nail in PRI's coffin.Doe's anyone know is this a 1st for Sinaloa as the others seemed to be Baja's,Chi.Oaxaca and Veracruz?I guess he was 1 of the founders of Rio Doce and had written 2 narco books.Here's a little more info on journalist from Time:
http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/veteran-journalist-javier-valdez-murdered-in-mexico/ar-BBBaQ7j?li=AAggNb9&ocid=iehp

Re: Javier Valdez journalist is killed

tuSancho
It makes me wonder what corridos will come out and how it will be told. And... who would write it.

Re: Javier Valdez journalist is killed

I have been reading Rio Doce for years, and I know I have seen his name on articles, he must have crossed a line, perhaps invisible, because Rio Doce is kin to Zeta Tijuana, in their outings and exposals of Sinaloa business.

Re: Javier Valdez journalist is killed

He spoke about the government! What does corridos have to do with that?goverment has been wanting to take him out since day one for exposing them. there's your real posoleros "surprise".riodoce has policiaca and narcotrafico columns that he had absolutely no  part  because they use proceso and readacion pages and slap them in their weekly reports they they never forget to mention who credits the story. What should make you wonder is how these slimeballs pick the right moment to strike to blame their own goons for the kill or even easier the guy hiding in the mountains chalk one more murder for El Del sombrero dosnt make a difference that's what you call a perfect murder!

Re: Javier Valdez journalist is killed

Anasazi
This is really sad. Not just for Javier himself, but for what it says about Mexico as a whole. The human capital is being depleted. An educated man who devotes himself to an honest trade and gets murdered in the prime of his life, while somewhere a tweaker sicario just made a few hundred dollars.

Re: Javier Valdez journalist is killed

That was just SO well put Anasazi:depleting human capital!Seems the brightest and best are being depleted,anyone that seeks the truth like the activists and reporters,zap,gone.

Re: Javier Valdez journalist is killed

So what's the limit on how many user names  somebody can have here on BB since the subject is brought up I think it's cool cause I only have one but if I wanted to have multiple is there a limit? See lots of people even answer there own questions either that or I'm high! I want to tell myself nice things also when I feel lonely think thats' cool 😎

Re: Javier Valdez journalist is killed

deelucky1
That's culo!hahahah

Re: Javier Valdez journalist is killed

Canadiana sell me a disposable email got a bitcoin I feel left out not fair! Without Canadian SS my credit is good

Re: Javier Valdez journalist is killed

Only 1 username please DeeLucky.Besides you would not want to mar your reputation posing as someone else as you are a popular guy on here and people like to read what you have to say even though sometimes you don't spell things out in black and white so much and tend to keep us guessing as to what you are saying at times.In that case we await your next post.Til then.I think it's perfectly acceptable to answer your own post if you are adding more info to the subject.