Is there any evidence of Sinola support by the Mexican Govt? Is it a Conspiracy Theory?

Is there any evidence of Sinola support by the Mexican Govt? Is it a Conspiracy Theory?

Interested-in-Solutions
There are a lot of people that argue that the Mexican Government supports El Chapo's Sinaloa Cartel.

In this article, the Mexican government came out and says that it does not favor the Sinaloa drug Cartel.

Still, the rumor that the Government supports the Cartel are very common.

In this article about the Meth warehouse captured from the Zetas, a lot of comments speculated that the chemicals seized would all be given to El Chapo. Possibly in compensation for their recent seizure of Chapo's Marijuana plantation in Baja.

So is there any evidence of support for the Sinaloa, if there is no evidence what are some of the main reasons why this rumor is so common?

Re: Is there any evidence of Sinola support by the Mexican Govt? Is it a Conspiracy Theory?

†.©ĤİVǾ.†

Re: Is there any evidence of Sinola support by the Mexican Govt? Is it a Conspiracy Theory?

Interested-in-Solutions
©ĤİVǾ wrote
How about the fact that he has been free ever since walking out of a max security prison? That fact alone speaks volumes...
Interesting, I also found this article on the subject, Chapo’s 10th aniversary. Does Mexico favours the Sinaloa cartel?

Which included the following video:

One of the arguments in the video is that some administration officials would prefer to have one main Cartel in Mexico so that they would have one party to enter into peace negotiations with. Edgardo Buscagalia argues that this would not work, because if they were to follow the arguments of some Government officials that Sinaloa should be allowed to become an even more powerful Cartel than it is now, than the State would be negotiating from a "weak State standpoint" with a much more powerful Cartel, and the "State would be taken over by organized crime."

I would see why some people would want to have fewer Cartels to reduce the Cartel on Cartel violence which results in many police and civilian casualties, but I agree that this would result in the State being fully taken over by organized crime (more so than it already is). I don't think that there will ever be a way to gully get rid of the Cartels as long as there is drug prohibition, because the basic economic market forces will always create more Cartels, but I am not sure if the goal of having fewer Cartels which would result in favoring particular Cartels is a viable strategy.

There will always be Cartels, and there will probably always be splinter Cartel groups who would want bigger shares of the profit, or for whatever reason do not want to be a part of the Main Cartel. If there is any deal that should made with the Cartels, and I am still not sure if this is a good idea, would be to say that the Government is going to primarily go after the most violent groups who kidnap, murder, rape, or extort the most. Especially those that kill and kidnap civilians. That may be making a 'deal with the devil,' but if you are going to always have the devil as your roommate, you might as well set some ground rules.

I do agree with Buscagalia though that letting the Sinaloa get more powerful so that the Government can have a negotiating partner is a really bad idea. That would just make Caldaron Chapo's bitch.

Re: Is there any evidence of Sinola support by the Mexican Govt? Is it a Conspiracy Theory?

Guerro
No, there is no support for El Cártel del Pacífico. El Cártel del Pacífico is ran by Ismael El Mayo Zambada, Joaquín El Chapo Guzmán, Juan José Esparragoza Moreno El Azul, Ignacio Nacho Coronel. The real boss of el Cartel del Pacifico is El Mayo Zambada. He is the true bosses of bosses and controls El Chapo and El Azul, he just lets El Chapo get all the attention because he knows alll to well that too much attention will be his downfall. Its a no brainier that El Mayo has been in the game for over 40 years and never never never has been arrested unlike El Chapo, El Azul, and Nacho Coronel(who was killed by the army July 29, 2010). He knows the game.

"In this article about the Meth warehouse captured from the Zetas, a lot of comments speculated that the chemicals seized would all be given to El Chapo. Possibly in compensation for their recent seizure of Chapo's Marijuana plantation in Baja."

In the article about the Meth warehouse I only saw two comments suggesting it would be given to El Chapo so thats "a lot of comments" to you? Wow i guess that a lot of speculation jaja.

"So is there any evidence of support for the Sinaloa, if there is no evidence what are some of the main reasons why this rumor is so common?" You ask your question but yet your evidence comes from a vile, racist idiot who doesn't live in Mexico and says because he has been "free ever since walking out of a max security prison" and you present a video filled with rumors also, that's your big evidence. Don't you know how to answer your own question.

Here is the history

El Chapo was arrested in Guatemala on June 9, 1993. From there he was extradited to Mexico and was sentenced. He spent his days in prison suffering but eventually made a call to his cousins los Beltran leyvas to help him out financially. So he can have some luxuries inside the prison. His cousins of coarse helped him out and this would serve to help him escape on On January 19, 2001 from a maximum prison. This added to el chapos legend with help of the media. He got with his cousins, Los Beltrán Leyvas (Alfredo, Héctor, Carlos and Arturo), Juan José Esparragoza Moreno El Azul, Ignacio Nacho Coronel, Ismael El Mayo Zambada and they all agreed to form  El Cártel del Pacífico or LA FEDERACION. When president Calderon came to power in 2006 he declared all out war on the drug cartels. He needed a big arrest so they went after the Sinaloa Cartel and ended up arresting Alfredo Beltrán Leyva in Culiacán on January 21, 2008. His brother Arturo Beltran Leyva sought help from El Mayo and El Chapo in trying to liberate his brother but they refused. This led to a suspicion by los Beltran brothers that El Chapo turned El Mochomo over to the authorities but in reality the Mexican Army had infiltrated the organization and manage to located El Mochomo by passing off one of its soliders as a deserted who needed a job and El Mochomo agreed to hire him. From prison El Mochomo tried to convince his brother that he wasn't betrayed and to calm down but Arturo's drug addiction to cocaine led him to be convinced otherwise. He dug his own grave when ended up claiming war on El Cartel de Pacifico . That's why you should never get high on YOUR OWN SUPPLY. So the war starts and los Beltran's form an alliance with el Cartel de Golfo. So there is the your first evidence that the government of Calderon started hitting El Cártel del Pacífico from the start. As you know other wars broke out and new more violent organizations starting forming. The current strategy is going after the most violent organizations. People like Buscagalia and other idiots start suggesting that the Federal government was supporting CDS because there were more arrest from other cartels compared to  El Cartel de Pacifico. But in reality is that El Cartel de Pacifico is more low key compared to other organizations such as los Zetas/La linea/LFM/CT and etc.  El Cartel de Pacifico  reminds me of the Cali Cartel keeping a low profile and instead of using violence they prefer to keep things quiet and handle it problems with throwing money at it.

Key members arrested or killed:

21 de enero de 2008: Alfredo Beltrán Leyva, 'El Mochomo', entonces aliado del prófugo Joaquín 'El Chapo' Guzmán en el Cártel de Sinaloa o del Pacifico, es detenido por el ejército en la ciudad de Culiacán

22 de octubre de 2008: Jesús Zambada García 'El Rey', jefe de uno de los grupos del Cártel de Sinaloa, es detenido tras una balacera en Ciudad de México.

19 de marzo de 2009: Vicente Zambada Niebla, 'El Vicentillo', otro líder del Cártel de Sinaloa y por el que se ofrecían 2 millones de dólares de recompensa, es detenido en una zona residencial de la capital mexicana.

12 de enero de 2010: Teodoro García Simental, 'El Teo', es detenido en La Paz, capital del estado de Baja California Sur (noroeste).

29 de julio de 2010: Ignacio 'Nacho' Coronel, número tres del Cártel de Sinaloa, muere en un operativo militar en Guadalajara (oeste).

12 de mayo de 2011: Martín Beltrán Coronel 'El Águila', considerado uno de los cuatro principales líderes del Cártel de Sinaloa, es detenido en Zapopan, Jalisco (centro oeste).

And the list goes on and on but I don't have time.

 In 2010 Julio Scherer a well recognized journalist got to interview El Mayo Zambada and El Mayo said he feared for this life and eventually they were going to capture him and El Chapo, now tell me why would a man who supposedly gets help from the Federal Government is afraid of being captured? So there, there is no support for the LA FEDERACION.  the following:  I highlighted the most important parts of the interview. Just use Google translation.

Lo esperaba para que almorzáramos juntos-, me dijo Zambada y señaló la silla que ocuparía, ambos de frente.

Observé de reojo a su emisario, las mandíbulas apretadas. Me pedía que no fuera a decir que ya habíamos desayunado.

Al instante fuimos servidos con vasos de jugo de naranja y vasos de leche, carne, frijoles, tostadas, quesos que se desmoronaban entre los dedos o derretían en el paladar, café azucarado.

-Traigo conmigo una grabadora electrónica con juego para muchas horas-, aventuré con el propósito de ir creando un ambiente para la entrevista.

-Platiquemos primero.

Le pregunté al capo por Vicente, Vicentillo.

-Es mi primogénito, el primero de cinco. Le digo “Mijo”. También es mi compadre.

Zambada siguió en la reseña personal:

-Tengo a mi esposa, cinco mujeres, quince nietos y un bisnieto. Ellas, las seis, están aquí, en los ranchos, hijas del monte, como yo. El monte es mi casa, mi familia, mi protección, mi tierra, el agua que bebo. La tierra siempre es buena, el cielo no.

-No le entiendo.

-A veces el cielo niega la lluvia.

Hubo un silencio que aproveché de la única manera que me fue posible:

-¿Y Vicente?

-Por ahora no quiero hablar de él. No sé si está en Chicago o Nueva York. Sé que estuvo en Matamoros.

-He de preguntarle, soy lo que soy. A propósito de su hijo, ¿vive usted su extradición con remordimientos que lo destrocen en su amor de padre?

-Hoy no voy a hablar de “Mijo”. Lo lloro.

-¿Grabamos?

Silencio.

-Tengo muchas preguntas-, insistí ya debilitado.

-Otro día. Tiene mi palabra.

Lo observaba. Sobrepasa el 1.80 de estatura y posee un cuerpo como una fortaleza, más allá de una barriga apenas pronunciada. Viste una camisa verde cerrada al cuello y sus pantalones de mezclilla azul mantienen la línea recta de la ropa bien planchada. Se cubre con una gorra y el bigote recortado es de los que sugieren una sutil y permanente ironía.

-He leído sus libros y usted no miente-, me dice.

Detengo la mirada en el capo, los labios cerrados.

-Todos mienten, hasta Proceso. Su revista es la primera, informa más que todos, pero también miente.

-Señáleme un caso.

-Reseñó un matrimonio que no existió.

-¿El del Chapo Guzmán?

-Dio hasta pormenores de la boda.

-Sandra Ávila cuenta de una fiesta a la que ella concurrió y en la que estuvo presente “El Chapo”.

-Supe de la fiesta, pero fue una excepción en la vida del “Chapo”. Si él se exhibiera o yo lo hiciera, ya nos habrían agarrado.

-¿Algunas veces ha sentido cerca al Ejército?

-Cuatro veces. “El Chapo” más.

-¿Qué tan cerca?

-Arriba, sobre mi cabeza. Huí por el monte, del que conozco los ramajes, los arroyos, las piedras, todo. A mí me agarran si me estoy quieto o me descuido, como al Chapo. Para que hoy pudiéramos reunirnos, vine de lejos. Y en cuanto terminemos, me voy.

-¿Teme que lo agarren?

-Tengo pánico de que me encierren.

-Si lo agarraran, ¿terminaría con su vida?

-No sé si tuviera los arrestos para matarme. Quiero pensar que sí, que me mataría.

Advierto que el capo cuida las palabras. Empleó el término arrestos, no el vocablo clásico que naturalmente habría esperado.

Zambada lleva el monte en el cuerpo, pero posee su propio encierro. Sus hijos, sus familias, sus nietos, los amigos de los hijos y los nietos, a todos les gustan las fiestas. Se reúnen con frecuencia en discos, en lugares públicos y el capo no puede acompañarlos. Me dice que para él no son los cumpleaños, las celebraciones en los santos, pasteles para los niños, la alegría de los quince años, la música, el baile.

-¿Hay en usted espacio para la tranquilidad?

-Cargo miedo.

-¿Todo el tiempo?

-Todo.

-¿Lo atraparán, finalmente?

-En cualquier momento o nunca.

Zambada tiene sesenta años y se inició en el narco a los dieciséis. Han transcurrido cuarenta y cuatro años que le dan una gran ventaja sobre sus persecutores de hoy. Sabe esconderse, sabe huir y se tiene por muy querido entre los hombres y las mujeres donde medio vive y medio muere a salto de mata.

-Hasta hoy no ha aparecido por ahí un traidor-, expresa de pronto para sí. Lo imagino insondable.

-¿Cómo se inició en el narco?

Su respuesta me hace sonreír.

-Nomás.

-¿Nomás?

Vuelvo a preguntar:

-¿Nomás?

Vuelve a responder:

-Nomás.

Por ahí no sigue el diálogo y me atengo a mis propias ideas: el narcotráfico como un imán irresistible y despiadado que persigue el dinero, el poder, los yates, los aviones, las mujeres propias y ajenas con las residencias y los edificios, las joyas como cuentas de colores para jugar, el impulso brutal que lleve a la cúspide. En la capacidad del narcotráfico existe, ya sin horizonte y aterradora, la capacidad para triturar.

Zambada no objeta la persecución que el gobierno emprende para capturarlo. Está en su derecho y es su deber. Sin embargo, rechaza las acciones bárbaras del ejército.

Los soldados, dice, rompen puertas y ventanas, penetran en la intimidad de las casas, siembran y esparcen el terror. En la guerra desatada encuentran inmediata respuesta a sus acometidas. El resultado es el número de víctimas que crece incesante. Los capos están en la mira, aunque ya no son las figuras únicas de otros tiempos.

-¿Qué son entonces?-, pregunto.

Responde Zambada con un ejemplo fantasioso:

-Un día decido entregarme al gobierno para que me fusile. Mi caso debe ser ejemplar, un escarmiento para todos. Me fusilan y estalla la euforia. Pero al cabo de los días vamos sabiendo que nada cambió.

-¿Nada, caído el capo?

-El problema del narco envuelve a millones. ¿Cómo dominarlos? En cuanto a los capos, encerrados, muertos o extraditados, sus reemplazos ya andan por ahí.

A juicio de Zambada, el gobierno llegó tarde a esta lucha y no hay quien pueda resolver en días problemas generados por años. Infiltrado el gobierno desde abajo, el tiempo hizo su “trabajo” en el corazón del sistema y la corrupción se arraigó en el país. Al Presidente, además, lo engañan sus colaboradores. Son embusteros y le informan de avances, que no se dan, en esta guerra perdida.

-¿Por qué perdida?

-El narco está en la sociedad, arraigado como la corrupción.

-Y usted, ¿qué hace ahora?

-Yo me dedico a la agricultura y a la ganadería, pero si puedo hacer un negocio en los Estados Unidos, lo hago.

Yo pretendía indagar acerca de la fortuna del capo y opté por valerme de la revista “Forbes” para introducir el tema en la conversación.

Lo vi a los ojos, disimulado un ánimo ansioso:

-¿Sabía usted que “Forbes” incluye al Chapo entre los grandes millonarios del mundo?

-Son tonterías.

Tenía en los labios la pregunta que seguiría, ahora superflua, pero ya no pude contenerla.

-¿Podría usted figurar en la lista de la revista?

-Ya le dije. Son tonterías.

-Es conocida su amistad con “El Chapo” Guzmán y no podría llamar la atención que usted lo esperara fuera de la cárcel de Puente Grande el día de la evasión. ¿Podría contarme de qué manera vivió esa historia?

-”El Chapo” Guzmán y yo somos amigos, compadres y nos hablamos por teléfono con frecuencia. Pero esa historia no existió. Es una mentira más que me cuelgan. Como la invención de que yo planeaba un atentado contra el Presidente de la República. No se me ocurriría.

-Zulema Hernández, mujer de “El Chapo”, me habló de la corrupción que imperaba en Puente Grande y de qué manera esa corrupción facilitó la fuga de su amante. ¿Tiene usted noticia acerca de los acontecimientos de ese día y cómo se fueron desarrollando?

-Yo sé que no hubo sangre, un solo muerto. Lo demás, lo desconozco.

Inesperada su pregunta, Zambada me sorprende:

-¿Usted se interesa por el Chapo?

-Sí, claro.

-¿Querría verlo?

-Yo lo vine a ver a usted.

-¿Le gustaría…?

-Por supuesto.

-Voy a llamarlo y a lo mejor lo ve.

La conversación llega a su fin. Zambada, de pie, camina bajo la plenitud del sol y nuevamente me sorprende:

-¿Nos tomamos una foto?

Sentí un calor interno, absolutamente explicable. La foto probaba la veracidad del encuentro con el capo.

Zambada llamó a uno de sus guardaespaldas y le pidió un sombrero. Se lo puso, blanco, finísimo.

-¿Cómo ve?

-El sombrero es tan llamativo que le resta personalidad.

-¿Entonces con la gorra?

-Me parece.

El guardaespaldas apuntó con la cámara y disparó.

Re: Is there any evidence of Sinola support by the Mexican Govt? Is it a Conspiracy Theory?

Guerro
FYI El Chapo has been taking big hits this year. Calderon wants El Chapo arrested because he is the symbol of drug trafficking and nothing would help Calderon get a victory for his political party than capturing El Chapo. El Chapo to Mexico is like Osama Bin Laden for the United States. So this year or the next, El Chapo will fall. But if history repeats itself El Chapo is probably out of the country by now. Last I heard he was in  Costa Rica.

Re: Is there any evidence of Sinola support by the Mexican Govt? Is it a Conspiracy Theory?

MANO
Llorando se fue, la que algun dia me hizo llorar.

Re: Is there any evidence of Sinola support by the Mexican Govt? Is it a Conspiracy Theory?

I like that post Guerro, basically how I feel.  I do think the Feds in Juarez back Sinaloa's interests, as well as elements of the military in the area.  I don't think it's a massive conspiracy, that EVERYONE in Mexico is aware of.  To me, it's an easy out/answer, and in a lot of cases encourages ignorance and close mind, in my opinion.  I mean, Chapo has been around forever, he was out of prison in 2001, nobody talked about the Sinaloa cartel in 2005.   Everyone became experts overnight.

Re: Is there any evidence of Sinola support by the Mexican Govt? Is it a Conspiracy Theory?

†.©ĤİVǾ.†

Re: Is there any evidence of Sinola support by the Mexican Govt? Is it a Conspiracy Theory?

Chupacabra
I think he means the "good guys" are really the "bad guys".

Interesting read guys.

Re: Is there any evidence of Sinola support by the Mexican Govt? Is it a Conspiracy Theory?

Bones
Its all circumstantial. Doesnt mean its not happening, but no, theres no proof.

Re: Is there any evidence of Sinola support by the Mexican Govt? Is it a Conspiracy Theory?

Interested-in-Solutions
It is interesting that it is such a common view, but I have not heard of any direct evidence either, only circumstantial evidence.

If there are any connections, one of the areas would be the Sinaloa front businesses in Culiacan Sinaloa. Also, in 2:32-2:42 in the video, it says that "in recent years, a growing number of officials have been proposing that the Sinaloa Cartel should be allowed to become the most powerful Cartel organization in Mexico, than the argument goes the Mexican government could negotiate an end to the violence with the Sinaloa Cartel leaders."

I looked up the book "El Cartel De Sinaloa" by Diego Osorno that they discussed in the video that I posted, but most reviews were unimpressed. It apparently contains a lot of rumors, hearsay, and personal analysis, but it did seem like a good book to read.

One of the reviews of the book on Amazon was very interesting

The 'war on drugs' started by felipe calderón, with the blessing of the US government has caused over 30,000 deaths in 4 years and not a lot of progress has been made. No wonder, considering the fact that there is nothing else on the table other than military action --- no education campaigns, no prevention, and of course, not a 'legalization' option.

Should we be waging war against 'drugs' when for example, the US, one of the biggest consumers in the world, has made medical marijuana, legal in 14 states? Why do people end up in drug trafficking? Who are these 'cartels'? Are the spontaneous organizations? Can they be stopped by killing their 'leaders'?

That's what Diego Osorno asks us to think about. He tells a story of human beings that find themselves in different situations -- his interviewees tell stories of corruption, opportunism and hypocrisy. He gives voice to people who are usually simply outcasts. Do we not care to understand where and how people end up where they do?

This book is a very personal account of a man's experience in understanding a phenomenon that has touched his life and that of many others.. I don't think, like other reviewers do, that this man is claiming to be unbiased. He is clearly questioning in this book, and always does in his articles, the strategy followed by the government, in contrast with the causes and context of drug trafficking and its history in Sinaloa.

Someone mentioned you would expect quotes or data... which I found in this book, so I'm not sure what they are reading. They are probably upset at the fact that someone dares to look at things in more progressive way - because the population is sick of this, and they aren't seeing anything but raises in gas, and food, and yep... war.

No real reporter can claim to be unbiased. And I don't recall Diego Osorno doing it in his book.

I liked it - so I recommend it.
That was a pretty interesting review. I would agree that a military solution in itself cannot be the answer, but there is no solution that does not include the use of the military either. The only solution is a comprehensive one based on what can be done, and when it can be done.

As for if the Government supports the Sinaloa Cartel, there is circumstantial evidence, but no hard evidence.

Re: Is there any evidence of Sinola support by the Mexican Govt? Is it a Conspiracy Theory?

Interested-in-Solutions
Didn't you mean that as a reply to lamanonegra?

In any case, this brings up the question, whether the Mexican Govt is supporting the Sinaloa Cartel or not, should they be?

Here are some of the basics of what I see with the idea:

Pros

- Less Cartel on Cartel Violence with fewer civilians caught in the middle.
- Possibly fewer kidnappings (at least at the start), and maybe an end to the mass CA immigrant kidnappings alltogether.
- A negotiation to end major civilian killings could be reached (at least at the start).
- Less money would be spent on fighting the Drug War, and more could be spent on education, reducing poverty, and increasing social services.
- Less violence would mean an increase in lost tourism, which would boost State revenues and reduce unemployment.

Cons

- Initially there would be an agreement, but the Cartel would likely eventually get to large and powerful to control.
- When violence does break out again (and it very likely would), it could overwhelm the military.
- Splinter groups and alternative Cartels would crop up.
- This move could jeopardize US assistance funding (although this would be worth it if violence decreased and tourism increased).
- Instead of reducing corruption, this could increase it. Having one Cartel control say 90% or more of the drug trade instead of 45%. Would mean that there would be more money for corruption, and less money spent fighting the military and other Cartels. Which would make corruption more single focused (more officials paid to support one cause), and this could mean the initial negotiating terms would be reduced.

---------------------------

As long as there is a drug prohibition, there will always be Cartels in Mexico, but I do not think that it would be a good idea to make a deal with the Sinaloa. My gut tells me "no," but there are no fix-all solutions to this problem as long as drugs are illegal in the US and Canada.

Re: Is there any evidence of Sinola support by the Mexican Govt? Is it a Conspiracy Theory?

DURANGO1
i agree, most people think Chapo is the main one, i think hes just theyre public relations guy. The s h i t goes much deeper than the just stepping a inch or two. If you analyze what cartels are taking hits since a few years ago its about even, Zetas provide more cannon fodder with low level arrests, but sinaloa has had the biggest if you include the BLO's. People romanticize that sinaloa is preffered, Gulf is ever powerful and Zetas are scum, and Juarez is to old to fight, my OPINION is Sinaloa is not preffered or they wouldnt be losing shipments and it wouldnt make sense for them to fight soldiers, CDG was weakened by the split from their enforcers, thus they are barely recovering their ground slowly if any at all. Zetas pawns are picked off easily while no real leaders are ever touched. Juarez is holding their ground i mean after all these years and they are still a worthy foe in Juarez and even DGO. I wonder which of these cartel folds first and goes into other businesses. Oh yeah LA Familia is basically street level weak as of know and need to see more on templarios

Re: Is there any evidence of Sinola support by the Mexican Govt? Is it a Conspiracy Theory?

MANO
Llorando se fue, la que algun dia me hizo llorar.

Re: Is there any evidence of Sinola support by the Mexican Govt? Is it a Conspiracy Theory?

Where the drug war started...

 if we are going deep to the “roots” , I would say we must go to EL Padrino, all the way back to my disco years.  It is hard to imagine that a one time there was only one man who  established a perfect drug traffic infrastructure,  controlled ALL Mexican drug routes  and was the MDC leader that established and alliance with Escobar in an agreement that would serve Colombia.   A sweet deal giving the MDC 40-50% of each shipment.    Factor in the near sightedness of the Mx Government which  allowed for the agreement to sanction the routes  without interference from them.  In effect saying “ those are the routes we will allow, stay within those and cause no problems and you will be unmolested”.  Hence, the perfect drug storm had its genesis.

  Miguel Ángel Félix Gallardo  was in control of it all, but for a smart man he did something very stupid.  He did not look at the giant picture when he befriended a man named KiKi Camarena, became close friends, then was betrayed by KiKi.  KiKi, a undercover DEA agent, used info  obtained from Miguel, provided it to the Mx government that lead to the destruction of Rancho Bufalo, a 1000 acre pot farm  that employed 10K farmers with a value of 7-8B.  Miguel was naturally highly pissed, but not smart when he ordered KiKi kidnapped, horribly tortured and killed.  The DEA was not going to back off until Miguel paid dearly.  On the run it was then Miguel was forced into a  “privatization” of sorts and he divided and designated plazas; TJ, Sonora, Pacific, Tamps, Juarez, still thinking he would be the sole boss forever, but we all know what happened with that dream.

In my paragraph of “roots”are the two creators of this so called drug war.

Re: Is there any evidence of Sinola support by the Mexican Govt? Is it a Conspiracy Theory?

MANO
Llorando se fue, la que algun dia me hizo llorar.

Re: Is there any evidence of Sinola support by the Mexican Govt? Is it a Conspiracy Theory?

El Regio
That is in part because the Goverment was in bed with these guys and working for them (not saying they aren't now) they just didn't target them like they are doing now. Not to say these new guys leading the cartels don't have a lot to do with the problem but it is mainly the government finally going after them.

Re: Is there any evidence of Sinola support by the Mexican Govt? Is it a Conspiracy Theory?

1.  Gov's Misjudgement of the potential of MDC; the ability to attain unimagineable wealth.
     wealth=power

2.   Privatization  of plazas=regional "bosses" & greed=territorial wars

True state of war begins.....

Re: Is there any evidence of Sinola support by the Mexican Govt? Is it a Conspiracy Theory?

Interested-in-Solutions
Do you believe that the Government is working with Sinaloa now? Why or why not?

Re: Is there any evidence of Sinola support by the Mexican Govt? Is it a Conspiracy Theory?

Huayna Capac
To understand what's going on in Mexico, we have to look at "Plan Colombia."  Plan Colombia has evolved into "Plan Mexico" I don't think  the so called Merida Iniciative (the officialame)  will work in Mexico. The Mexican people are very nationalistic and would not tolerate an overt U.S. military presense on Mexican territory.
Interesting read:
Plan Mexico: Plan Colombia Heads for Mexico
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=9084