Is "Mini Lic" the Heir to the Sinaloa Cartel Throne?

Is "Mini Lic" the Heir to the Sinaloa Cartel Throne?

Siskiyou_Kid
It sounds like the authors of this article have "el Mini Lic" Damaso Lopez Jr. confused with his father "el Licenciado", Dámaso López Núñez, who helped Joaquín Guzmán Loera escape from Puente Grande prison in 2001.

Damaso Lopez Jr. "el Mini Lic"

Heir Apparent to 'El Chapo's' Throne: The Narco-Corrido Remains the Same

There is an heir apparent to the Narco scene in Mexico, the purported "Godson" of "El Chapo" Joaquín Guzmán Loera, whose name is Dámaso López, and who goes by the moniker "El Mini Lic," according to reports from the narco blogs.

López, a young millionaire who is said to travel with a gold-plated AK-47 and some of the most beautiful women in Mexico, uses Twitter and is the product of a long history of training in the Sinaloa cartel.

The Sinaloa cartel was founded in 1989, led by Joaquín Guzmán Loera, Ismael Zambada Garcia and Juan Jose Esparragoza Moreno, and is said to have control over the states of Sinaloa, Sonora, Nayarit, Chihuahua, Durango, Jalisco, Colima, Chiapas, Tamaulipas, Guerrero , Zacatecas, Baja California, Baja California Sur, Oaxaca, Guanajuato, Querétaro, Tlaxcala, Puebla, Morelios and Mexico City.

It is also said to have extensive operations in the United States, Central America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia, where its operations produce profits in the billions.

Damaso Lopez aka "El Mini Lic " was one of the leaders of this army of assassins and as chief financial operator of the Sinaloa cartel, of course, he was always guarded and directed by his Godfather, the number two in control with powerful institutional connections that protect his group.

Dámaso López Núñez, “El Licenciado"

Now, thanks to the tradition of "Narco-Corridos," this heir apparent is getting his international recognition. On Feb. 22, 2013, when the Billboard international awards for Latin Music were held at the American Airlines Center in Miami and broadcast live on the Univision Network, musician Gerardo Ortiz was nominated for his song "Damaso," a ballad extolling Dámaso López, the designated successor of Joaquin Guzman Loera , alias "El Chapo Guzman," the richest and most powerful drug trafficker of all time

http://www.latinopost.com/articles/3808/20140205/the-heir-apparent-to-el-chapos-throne-the-narco-corrido-remains-the-same.htm

Re: Is "Mini Lic" the Heir to the Sinaloa Cartel Throne?

choco
Saw this a couple of days ago... But it seems way too far-fetched and with no hard evidence.

Just my 2 pesos.

Re: Is "Mini Lic" the Heir to the Sinaloa Cartel Throne?

Siskiyou_Kid
 "El Licenciado" is a senor partner with the big time players in Sinaloa, but I think the author of this article has him confused with "Mini Lic".

Re: Is "Mini Lic" the Heir to the Sinaloa Cartel Throne?

this originated with the BDN group.

Re: Is "Mini Lic" the Heir to the Sinaloa Cartel Throne?

Siskiyou_Kid
I know they fabricate or steal everything they post, but one would think they could figure out the difference between father and son.

Re: Is "Mini Lic" the Heir to the Sinaloa Cartel Throne?

pilot
I saw that "new" that they claimed that mini lic is the next of chapo but everything of that is lie because who gonna heir the chair of el chapo is Ivan and Alfredito and maybe Oviedo but mini lic is going to heir his father chair

Re: Is "Mini Lic" the Heir to the Sinaloa Cartel Throne?

El_Cuatro_Veinte
Written by "STAFF WRITER " The article is a scam, sensationalist title in order to bait click. The STAFF WRITER didnt translate the BDN or TDN article which has all the information correctly. The BDN/TDN article is nothing more than a rehash of old information with some glorification of the Capos. Its saying El Lic is the #2 apparent of the Guzman Organization not the Sinaloa Organization. That he is the leader of the Los Antrax which is false. From all the Corridos and pictures Ive seen El Mini Lic has his own click dubbed FEDML Mini Lic Special Forces or El Rayo/Lighting and it consist of his cousin, right hand man and bodyguard El 15/El Liebre and El Panu & Marito Choclo.

Re: Is "Mini Lic" the Heir to the Sinaloa Cartel Throne?

El Doble J
Ovidio has no play in the game. This is strictly Ivan and Alfredito being heir to the throne but when this happens expect some dissention and infighting within Chapos peeps. It all comes down to who Chapo has trusted enough to share his contacts and operation methods. From what I hear the only constant with Chapo has been "El Bravo" who is practically by his side at all times. The others are switch out frequently for obvious reasons.

Re: Is "Mini Lic" the Heir to the Sinaloa Cartel Throne?

pilot
Yes but the mother of Ovidio make him swear that he won't work in the narco because she don't want to loose him like when she loose Edgar (moreno), Ovidio is to close from Alfredito and Ivan, and i think if his mother die he will enter to the family business

Re: Is "Mini Lic" the Heir to the Sinaloa Cartel Throne?

P@RR@ND3RO
For chapo it would be alfredito, he has more juice a little more reserved than ivan. On mayos side it would definitelybe el flaco not el gordo no serafin like everybody thinks.  En for FED it would be none other than mini lic.  But keep in mind people there are more powerful familys its just that they are more smart and know not too start burning they're name.
DuR@Ng0

Re: Is "Mini Lic" the Heir to the Sinaloa Cartel Throne?

Sources say lol!

Re: Is "Mini Lic" the Heir to the Sinaloa Cartel Throne?

Bones
Can anyone tell me more about this Bravo? Head of security for Chapo? Whats his real name what else do we know about him?

Re: Is "Mini Lic" the Heir to the Sinaloa Cartel Throne?

Siskiyou_Kid
El Bravo is Manuel Alejandro Aponte Gómez.

Supposedly from Chilpancingo, Guerrero, he graduated from the military college in 1993. The story is that he was offer $5 million to train a group of sicarios to battle the Zetas.

He is claimed to be the head of the group of sicarios who killed Rodolfo Carrillo Fuentes, el Niño de Oro.

The only photo I've heard was seized during an army raid in the high Sierra of Badiraguato, where he supposedly commands a group of 200-300 gunmen, protecting El Señor.

Re: Is "Mini Lic" the Heir to the Sinaloa Cartel Throne?

Tijuano
Mini Lic the successor of Chapo? I HIGHLY doubt it, I read the original "article" on Historiasdelnarco and it´s full of crap, having corridos makes you the next big capo?

Mini Lic is just doing the same thing Chino did, flash a lot and bring attention to himself, that´s all.

My guess is someone is trying to bring more heat to Mini Lic with articles like this. could he be the next one to fall? I wouldn´t doubt it.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Re: Is "Mini Lic" the Heir to the Sinaloa Cartel Throne?

realme1990
I have no idea who's next in the Sinaloa Cartel or who's on the structure and where. It would be cool to have somebody post a chart of the Sinaloa Cartek structure.
"If it quack like a duck shoot it"

Re: Is "Mini Lic" the Heir to the Sinaloa Cartel Throne?

Siskiyou_Kid
The idea of heirs to the throne in Sinaloa is not easy to delineate, as you can see from the comments here.

Some people believe close relations of Joaquín Guzmán and Ismael Zambada [he's lost a few sons and a brother to the DEA] are the natural heirs, while others [like the author of this article] believe that current high level executives, like  Dámaso López Núñez "el Licenciado", are part of a natural succession. The truth will probably only become apparent after one of the three leaders is captured or killed.

One thing that if often overlooked, is the fact that major families or cells working with Sinaloa are like small cartels in their own right, mostly operating independently.

They may have their own smuggling and product distribution networks, but buy product through Sinaloa, and/or pay a tax to the bosses.

Re: Is "Mini Lic" the Heir to the Sinaloa Cartel Throne?

Press google

Re: Is "Mini Lic" the Heir to the Sinaloa Cartel Throne?

viejo

What is Chapo responsible for within the Sinaloa Cartel exactly? I guess his organization or network he controls directly is responsible for cocaine contacts to the rest of the organization but doesn't directly or is responsible for drug distribution into the U.S. He has people outside his inner circle do that for him or does he simply sells/resells the drugs to other traffickers within the Sinaloa Cartel. How much control or influence does he have within the Sinaloa Cartel?
"If it quack like a duck shoot it"

Re: Is "Mini Lic" the Heir to the Sinaloa Cartel Throne?

In the front page of BB on the right side you will find the names of all cartels has lots of info structure etc.
12