Is a citizens uprising Mexico's last chance?

Is a citizens uprising Mexico's last chance?

Barbon

So there was another recent article on the main blog about the citizens uprising against the cartels and the government. They have no weapons apart from clubs and swords etc. I really respect them for trying to fight back even though they would be no match for the C.D.G or the Zeta's for example but they are trying to gain momentum which I feel will come also but what do you people think about the situation? I hope they can get hold of guns to be a proper force then the coward ass cartels would not prey on innocents so much if they know they can fight back properly I mean this seems to me to be the last chance for Mexico to stand its ground against scumbag corrupt government officials and the cartels.

I say ARM THE PEOPLE!!! GIVE THEM GUNS TO FIGHT THE CARTELS AND GOVERNMENT WITH!!!

Anyone else share my thoughts?

Re: Is a citizens uprising Mexico's last chance?

califero
Banned User
Yeah it is.....  That's what MEX needs......  Hopefully some one steps up soon and regulates how Zapata and Arango should have.

Re: Is a citizens uprising Mexico's last chance?

Mexico-Watcher
@Barbon: I hope there are lots of responses to your question.

From the little I know about the complexities of Mexico and its varied cultures... I do NOT see a "significant" uprising of the Mexican peoples.... the "autodefensa" phenomena in Michoacan is encouraging but it seems to be fizzling as far as spreading across Mexico.

From my POV, far removed from the streets and castles, of Mexico, Mexico badly needs:

 (1) an incorruptible and charismatic , fearless leader who can articulate in blunt, but eloquent, terms what needs to be done.   He must not come from the PRI, or PAN ... or Workers Party.

(2) Added to the above, this leader must be a brilliant military mind who will gather about him/her cadres of followers willing to do cleansing works ranging from computer skills to acts of killing.

(3) Outside help and interventions: The proposed leader must have great ideological and practical visions  that take into account other nations who will be watching and waiting to help or exploit situations that arise.  The United States, with its millions of Ex-pat Mexicans will be drawn into a revolution and this leader will have to skillfully garner the support of the USA and other nations in all that transpires.

(4) It will be an exceedingly "bloody" revolution that most definitely  drag the USA Government and US citizens into it.

(5) Things are unpredictable in all the above, but if Mexico has a significant uprising .... The USA will suffer serious consequences of all sorts, of this I am sure.

Mexico_Watcher