Is Rafael Caro Quintero still a boss?

Seville14
I’ve been a reader of Borderland Beat for a while now and there is a lot of mystery around the once powerful boss’s release and his activities once released.

A few things stand out about RCQ, such as;

El Chapo confirmed he had met with RCQ after he was released, due to the public image of chapo did RCQ tell chapo he had to go to prison to bring the heat down? Let’s be honest chapo was caught pretty easily!

There was money laundering sanctions brought against members of RCQ’s family, this also suggested that El Azul was running this operation. Which raises the question was El Azul RCQ’s representative on the outside for the Sinaloa cartel.

There were obviously huge amounts of money coming in for RCQ, this is why money laundering sanctions were implemented. This leaves the question was he still moving drugs or was he being paid off the other bosses for the right to move drugs?
Some people have said he is to old to be of importance, or he’s retired. I don’t think you can rise to the position he has and just give it up.

It will be interesting to see what other readers thoughts are of him.

Re: Is Rafael Caro Quintero still a boss?

ElVaquero
Yes, he is currently the BOSS and there appears to be a resuming of the federation between Sinaloa, CJNG, and Beltran-Leyva with Rafa maintaining the peace and control. And taking over the territory of the Tijuana Cartel since the fall of El Inge. And the CJNG has made aggressive inroads into Michoacan as well.

Re: Is Rafael Caro Quintero still a boss?

choco
ElVaquero... What do u think will happen with CTs and Tuta in Michoacan?  Will CJNG run them out?

Re: Is Rafael Caro Quintero still a boss?

Itzli
I know you didn't address the question to me, but I thought it was worth mentioning there is a rumor that La Tuta has become integrated within the CJNG affiliated groups in Michoacan.

Re: Is Rafael Caro Quintero still a boss?

ElVaquero
I agree I think Tuta's connections are invaluable and he will be absorbed as well and the rest of the CT's will get cleaned out.

I believe the first item of business for CJNG was framing Mireles so they could officially take over the operations of Lazaro Cardenas with Tuta's help.

In my opinion that's why Rafa is free to bring about an end to the violence amongst Mexican cartels. I basically think he is a PRI backed mob boss with massive insight.

I think he cleaned up the Sinaloa cartel's factions, cleaned up CAF in one fell swoop, and will clean up Michoacan, and bring about basically what is the return of the Guadalajara Cartel. All the while remaining in the shadows putting his people in charge and no more showy capos.

Re: Is Rafael Caro Quintero still a boss?

pilot
Rafa is respected by most of sinaloa members and BLO, but when he go to talk to Mencho, mencho didn't received him and only took 20 millions from rafa, el Azul was the one that make possible the talk between cds and cjng

Re: Is Rafael Caro Quintero still a boss?

choco
Thx itzli, ElVaquero and Pilot... Everything you say makes a lot of sense.

So Castillo and CJNG were/are working in Michoacan to keep the iron ore millions flowing... And of course all the coke, meth and pot $$ as well.

All fine and good it seems as long as they stop the extortion of local merchants, miners, farmers... As well as the murders and kidnappings..

When you say EV that you thinkthey will keep Tuta and clean out the rest of CTs.... I hope that can happen.

I'm worried CJNG may be as brutal, if not more so, as CTs.

Re: Is Rafael Caro Quintero still a boss?

ElVaquero
Rafa also can make peace with the Zetas as he has family with the leaders of the Zetas as well.

Re: Is Rafael Caro Quintero still a boss?

El_Cuatro_Veinte
The United States think so, I've seen one wanted billboard of him. Im not sure if its a joke or if its real because the photos they use of him are of his younger days.

Re: Is Rafael Caro Quintero still a boss?

elgringoloco13

Re: Is Rafael Caro Quintero still a boss?

neverdugdisco
Hell yeah they are

Re: Is Rafael Caro Quintero still a boss?

There was nothing between CDS and CJNG it was CJNG and Los Coroneles going at it CDS has never got involved.they let them go at it.the coroneles work with CDS that's how CDS name got thrown in that battle .caro put a stop to that .that little war was bringing too much heat in Jalisco where he has lots of operations that are running over there.

Re: Is Rafael Caro Quintero still a boss?

deelucky1
How did caros become zetas I can probly imagine a Caro becoming a golfo then a zeta but what leaders are really left from the zetas that where former golfos .and why go with any of those two cartels when caros are well respected in CDS

Re: Is Rafael Caro Quintero still a boss?

ElVaquero
Caro's nephew was married to a family member of a prominent Zeta I believe Z-40 thus making him apart of 'the family'.

Re: Is Rafael Caro Quintero still a boss?

El Doble J
Vaquero...I find that hard to believe since it's well known these families tend to marry within their inner circle of mafia families in Sinaloa. Who knows I may be wrong but these families are very selective when it comes down to their kin marrying.

Re: Is Rafael Caro Quintero still a boss?

How did those two lovebirds meet should be the question

Re: Is Rafael Caro Quintero still a boss?

ElVaquero wrote
Yes, he is currently the BOSS and there appears to be a resuming of the federation between Sinaloa, CJNG, and Beltran-Leyva with Rafa maintaining the peace and control. And taking over the territory of the Tijuana Cartel since the fall of El Inge. And the CJNG has made aggressive inroads into Michoacan as well.

what territories is he taking over that  the Tijuana cartel have ?

Re: Is Rafael Caro Quintero still a boss?

ArmChairIntellect
Why would he not hold influence?

Its much more nuanced than that, these are sometimes very fragale...

Re: Is Rafael Caro Quintero still a boss?

ArmChairIntellect
This would make sense...
12