Is Ed Calderon a fraud?

Itzbrizz
Im sure you guys have heard of him recently from his joe rogans pod cast or before. But to me he seems like hes full of it. When he talks in Spanish he sounds like my white friends. Heres and article i found about him where he talks about his background supposedly

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bringaknife.wordpress.com/2015/11/25/498/amp/

Do you guys think hes full of it? He's making a lot of money on his "expertise"... From his seminars. When Joe Rogan told him what to do if you encounter a narco road block he didn't know what to say.

Btw many many years reading first post on this forum.

Re: Is Ed Calderon a fraud?

Kozmoz
Lol I’ve seen both his podcast with Joe and none of them were even close to being insightful. It’s like he reads mainstream narco news and just lays it on Joe.

The funny thing is, Joe seems to be so blown away by conventional wisdom. Imagine some of our borderlandbeat experts were to go on his podcast and really lay down the truth...
ElJ

Re: Is Ed Calderon a fraud?

ElJ
I was just thinking the same thing. I thought this guy has no real inside knowledge. I can’t believe Joe is so blown away from this fraud. As someone who has been lurking these forums from the beginning, this Ed guy seems laughable to me. I feel like reaching out to Joe and saying just go on BB to know what’s really up in Mexico 😂 please don’t interview this clown again 😂😂😂 I did like the Ioan Grillo interview. That was fascinating.

Re: Is Ed Calderon a fraud?

Itzbrizz
Loan grillo? Was that on joe rogans pod cast? Gonna look it up. Right. I knew something was up with that guy. But what's crazy everyone on the comment section kissing that guys butt. And everyone taking his words for facts. All these people agreeing with him and saying they learned so much from hearing him. Joe Rogan needs to vett his guest more before calling them experts and having him on his pod cast reaching all these people who blindly believe anything they see online like his show.

He needs chivis on there. Or sicario007 or w.e his name is haha

Re: Is Ed Calderon a fraud?

you may not know that I opened the discussion on mainboard in comments.  I took the podcast down for twitter.

big and small things are troubling....  even his pronunciation of Spanish words are off.  bjut my main issjue is how nonfactual he is, it appears he may be getting his info from certain news outlets in US and perhaps those "B" people

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2020/01/ed-calderon-former-mexican-cop-on-joe.html

Re: Is Ed Calderon a fraud?

Kozmoz
You call tell Joe Rogan wants to learn more about the drug war but he chose the wrong person to interview. Maybe because that’s his friend.

Re: Is Ed Calderon a fraud?

totally agree and wasn't saying anything negative about rogan in this interview, I caught him with a comeback politely inferring "are you sure dude"

Re: Is Ed Calderon a fraud?

Itzbrizz
Sorry for my ignorance but what are you referring to?

Btw thank you for everything you and the bb team does.

Re: Is Ed Calderon a fraud?

the only other podcast I saw was with my friend grillo, who is the real deal, still prefers investigating with his feet on the ground rather than using stringers or accessing material on the net.

and is is simply a nice guy!!!  super respectful to bloggers and and journalists equally.  he invited me to join him in california or anywhere he was promoting his book.  at the time I just had surgery and asked a forum contributer if he would like to take my place.  He did, and there is a very funny side story to that.

then in england I asked otis if he would like to meet grillo, he went to the book event and said grillo introduced him and spoke about Borderland Beat.

I love the guy

Re: Is Ed Calderon a fraud?

Cuidado
Ed is a total fraud.  No idea how he gets through Joes vetting process.   I was embarrassed watching him on JR.

Re: Is Ed Calderon a fraud?

Itzbrizz
Cuidado wrote
Ed is a total fraud.  No idea how he gets through Joes vetting process.   I was embarrassed watching him on JR.
You know what's just as crazy. All the comments about this guy. People are so gullible. This guy needs to be outted!!!

Re: Is Ed Calderon a fraud?

Bounty Law
Thing is , fraud or not, I didn't find Calderon to be incorrect in what he was saying for the most part (although I'm a non-Spanish speaking part timer in these parts so please be nice). Most people, and by extension Rogans' audience, know very little on what's happening south of the border so for them this was a pretty good listen imo

Re: Is Ed Calderon a fraud?

Itzbrizz
It was just speculation on his part. It's like he read some articles on cnn and came up with his on conclusion. He had a lot of misinformation. And his Spanish, his Spanish sounded like my white friends who don't know Spanish. Something is off with this guy.

Re: Is Ed Calderon a fraud?

It was incorrect or factual incorrect in many of the critical points, issues or history.

and that you can bank on.  In an attempt to be open minded I am trying to research the guy.  his site is just a bunch of filler stuff.  I saw the one image with the helo and it was not shopped I ran it through my forensic software.  can someone tell me where I can view additional photos?

municipal cops are all in collusion in each and every border town...or die.

If you read the Gustavo Rivera  AFO posts on main page part 1 and 2 you see how a real agent relates to history.  he has details not found on internet, and lots of exclusive images.

anyway that is my conclusion.  but open to discussion.  It is just that we have few people who can relate to the public the reality.  Grillo is fantastic.  and a couple of others.  But I hate when these bogus "experts" go on CNN, or wherever and speak what they found on the internet