Is CDN as powerful as the CJNG?

Wolf88
I been thinking a lot of stuff lately specially of what is happening in Tamaulipas and San Luis Potosí with the increased violence in those two states since last year. Seems that the CDN are the ones making most of the killings in Ciudad Victoria, Mante, SLP with the help of the government like Fuerza Tamaulipas, Policía Ministerial, etc. And in SLP they have been using the Policía Municipal to do all the killings. The same goes for the CJNG in Guanajuato and Veracruz why is it that the CDN and CJNG are so powerful against there enemies in the turf they are fighting on?

All I see in Ciudad Victoria people getting killed left and right along with narco messages signed by "GAFE" same thing happens in Ciudad Mante and SLP (border city with Tamaulipas center region). Why doesn't the CDG goes on a full war and force against the CDN in Ciudad Victoria or Mante hell even in SLP why doesn't the CJNG fight against the CDN?

I am trying to think that CDN and CJNG are EPN buddies or something like they seem that they work together also EPN government seems that hey had hit pretty hard on the CDS and CDG weakened them so CDN and CJNG can get more powerful in some region like in Tamaulipas it seems that the CDN has more government on there side than the CDG.

Re: Is CDN as powerful as the CJNG?

Anasazi
I don't think CDN is as powerful as CJNG. CDN is much more geographically limited to Nuevo Leon and Tamaulipas, whereas CJNG operates in something like 20+ states.

It's very commonly rumored that CJNG is tied to the PRI at the federal level and to EPN specifically. I'm not sure the same is the case for CDN, however.

Re: Is CDN as powerful as the CJNG?

Good question Wolf88  but we like to keep the headline initial posts a story kind of like Mainboard.If you can incorporate a question into 1 of the posts great.It often just flows into conversation but for now I will keep this post up as you do have a reply.Thanks.

Re: Is CDN as powerful as the CJNG?

Uninformed
Wolf88

CDN is more like a multi cell organization without proper leadership. As far as I have dwelled in reading and asking around people in small talks. They have no direct connections to colombia, they live off whats produced in Mexico and kidnapping and extortion. They cant be compared to CJNG that are more structured and have connections all across the globe.

Re: Is CDN as powerful as the CJNG?

Char
CDN is well structured in my opinion and well lead if not how are they fighting in Cd Victoria? San Luis Potosí? Monterrey? and have presence in Coahuila and Zacatecas.

CDG Reynosa is the one not well lead no leadership.

As long as CDN controls Nuevo Laredo, they will $$$$$ have money to fight everywhere. If CDN made their money only on extortion, then how do they have brand new uniforms, brand new guns, trucks....

CDN might not be as powerful as CJNG but DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE CDN oh yeah I almost forgot aren’t CDN fighting in El Mante?

Re: Is CDN as powerful as the CJNG?

dcm90
Char wrote
CDN is well structured in my opinion and well lead if not how are they fighting in Cd Victoria? San Luis Potosí? Monterrey? and have presence in Coahuila and Zacatecas.

CDG Reynosa is the one not well lead no leadership.

As long as CDN controls Nuevo Laredo, they will $$$$$ have money to fight everywhere. If CDN made their money only on extortion, then how do they have brand new uniforms, brand new guns, trucks....

CDN might not be as powerful as CJNG but DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE CDN oh yeah I almost forgot aren’t CDN fighting in El Mante?
People here forget that many Z/CDN own several legit businesses and have enough capital to maintain themselves without the heat of international drug trade.  Heck just controlling NUEVO LAREDO gives them an incredible advantage over CJNG that scraps to maintain presence in Tijuana .

Re: Is CDN as powerful as the CJNG?

Uninformed
@Char, great rebuttal

CdN fractured in Nuevo Leon and formed Cartel Independiente de Nuevo Leon or CINL (Anti Treviños). Plus they are also having internal feuds in Nuevo Laredo. I believe they are weak, if they had power they would of been able to take Nuevo Guerrero, whixh is under Z control even push all the way to Camargo since CdG cant figure it out and is out of control in Reynosa.

Re: Is CDN as powerful as the CJNG?

mmd604
Thanks Char! we all enjoy reading your nonbiased posts

Re: Is CDN as powerful as the CJNG?

Slappy
Nuevo Laredo has the busiest crossing on the border with Mexico.  CDN owns it, so they must be making serious bank.

Re: Is CDN as powerful as the CJNG?

Wolf88
So indeed CDN is having there own internal fights in Monterey with this new cartel called "Cartel Independent de Nuevo León"? I wonder if they are going to get an alliance or peace treaty in Monterey with the Old School Z or CDG?

Also for the CDN having on lock Nuevo Laredo dosent mean they push more quality drugs than CDG thru Reynosa or Matamoros, or the CJNG thru Tijuana. CDN may have the most important plaza but I don't think they push more drugs than Golfos or CJNG hell even NCDJ must be moving better quality drugs than the CDN thru Juarez.

What I think of CDN money income comes from the Treviños businesses like the horse racing, animal hunting in Nuevo Laredo is so popular what I heard they even charge Citizen American a couple of thousands of dollars to hunt deers in Nuevo Laredo ranches the Treviños have, also all the night clubs, bars, and awhole more of money laundering business they have. Also in Nuevo Laredo human smuggling is popular, also didn't you guys remember when Talibán (Z-50) got cought he said we would get around 50 millón dollars a month? Just being in charged of Zacatecas?

CDN must have a lot of money because of the Treviños most probably they pay big amounts of money for government protection but I don't think they will be ready if CJNG or CDG invades Nuevo Laredo what I know no other cartel wants to fight the plaza of Nuevo Laredo because they move there drugs thru there too without paying CDN piso.

Re: Is CDN as powerful as the CJNG?

oner
I think the zeta el lucky did an interview when arrested.
I'm sure he said that they made fifty million a month but half of that was paid out in bribes.

Re: Is CDN as powerful as the CJNG?

mr.browntown956

El Huevo

¡tRuCHAS!

Re: Is CDN as powerful as the CJNG?

Char
Uninformed

Compa from what I know Nueva Ciudad Guerrero is controlled by CDN Laredo faction.

The reason why CDN does not control Mier, Miguel Aleman, the famous “La Rivereña” is because there are military bases in Mier and in Miguel Aleman.

Let’s be real guys CDG is nowhere even close to making a move for Nuevo Laredo the only chance they had was when Sr. M3 was alive. Cdg made incursions into Laredo when El Gringo was alive and we all know how that ended.

People don’t realize how difficult it is to go into a rival plaza and take over. Chapo Guzmán should know because Sinaloa’s tried to take over Nuevo Laredo and left with a big L in his face.

For CJNG to even have a chance in Laredo, they would have to ally themselves with another cartel, have frequency in Laredo, buy politicians, and local law enforcement or military.

Re: Is CDN as powerful as the CJNG?

Wolf88
Not just that also Miguel Alemán all the way to Reynosa CDG has more footsoldiers than the CDN. CDG in Tamaulipas has way more people working for them than the CDN don't forget CDG it's Tamaulipas home cartel just like the CDS is for Sinaloa. How I see things is that the CDG right now they can't afford to go into Nuevo Laredo and fight over the plaza right now they are having a internal war that's why they haven't focused on Nuevo Laredo. BTW CDG has been operating quite a time now in Ciudad Victoria, El Barretal, Xico, Nuevo Padilla, etc. Seems that CDG from Matamoros are the ones fighting the CDN in the center region of Tamaulipas allied with the Old School Z, in my point of view for CDG could enter and fight the Nuevo Laredo plaza first of all they need to get ahold of Ciudad Victoria that's where the state power is they need to get ahold of Ciudad Victoria and infiltrate in the State Police (Fuerza Tamaulipas), Ministeriales, etc. Having the State power under CDG full control and then they could move into Nuevo Laredo having FT under there command from FT all the way to get full control of Nuevo Laredo jail system.

Re: Is CDN as powerful as the CJNG?

Uninformed
I been hearing for quite a while in Monterrey, that independent traffickers wanted to form a federation. That they were tired of been bossed around by other groups. Maybe this is the beginning of a new faction or cartel in Nuevo Leon. But as far as that manta, it looks low quality so, i doubt its the many independent factions that operate in area meteopolitana, seems more like a gang did it.
CdN is loosing a foot hold in the region, many street gangs from Santa cata, san nico, guadalupe, Monterrey have remained loyal to the Z or CdG. I think the CdN bastion is Escobedo and Apodaca. Need to ask around to get more details.

But N.Guerrero still has many signs with Z spray painted all over, all the way to Paras N.L... Cerralvo is a bastion for the Z and has been since 2009,